Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43587 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #180 on: July 17, 2014, 06:47:55 pm »

In other news, research on the mystery of the pigsplosion is still ongoing, and we might try tofu dungeon once everyone gets back, so if anyone's interested, do show up, we'll prob need help :P
On one hand, I do have a quest to poke the tofu dungeon and the gobball dungeon. One the other, I want to play with the Xelor some more, and then i'll end up with the same quest on two people. I'll figure it out once I get on I 'spose :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 17, 2014, 06:58:48 pm »

I might just stick with the panda. I'm not too thrilled about Furries, but combat is just so... dynamic.

Plus slowly drinking ones way to just smashing through everything is kind of satisfying.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2014, 07:02:49 pm »

In other news, research on the mystery of the pigsplosion is still ongoing, and we might try tofu dungeon once everyone gets back, so if anyone's interested, do show up, we'll prob need help :P

I'm actually not as ill as I thought because I'm an over reacting doof, but nontheless don't wait up for me, still got some stuff to do!

I might just stick with the panda. I'm not too thrilled about Furries, but combat is just so... dynamic.

Plus slowly drinking ones way to just smashing through everything is kind of satisfying.

While I'm on that, let me know when you've got a char (or 2-3 chars) that you want invited. I've got 4 in, but the cap is 200 members. It's pretty respectable but until people showing up slows down I don't want to flood the guild. :P

Ves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 17, 2014, 07:21:55 pm »

Could I get a guild invite? Name's Ilon.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 17, 2014, 07:50:48 pm »

I was half joking, but really it might have to be the panda. My four other liked classes are kind of... problematic. Air Rogue is a one trick pony, and it'll start to drop off a lot later and later. Air/crit Dragon Osamodas is similarly a one trick pony, albeit with less drop off. Air cra is good long ranges support but I suspect its solo will get worse and worse. Air Enirepsa seems more like utility when they can't heal rather than a proper tree. Man, most of my favored trees are air. Huh. Panda's really the only exception.

Why did it have to be the Panda.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2014, 12:37:36 am »

This game has devil gimmicks. Freaking schlammer. So cruel. I didn't realize this game would be willing to do something like this to the players ;_;
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 18, 2014, 01:06:00 am »

Hah. You think you have it bad. The instant I stop gulping alcohol I get a debuff that mirrors exactly the bonus I had. And I can't drink again until it wears off. Which can take several turns... 200% decreased damage and -2 AP and MP is the worst it can get... and it lasts a long time, although it wears off in chunks every turn thank god. Granted I never have to stop drinking unless I miscalculate how many quarts I have left and use it all up without enough resources to grab a new barrel. Or I want to use fire magic.

Thats really one of the big problems with trying to work the fire branch in with the earth branch. You have to stop drinking to do it

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 18, 2014, 01:17:22 am »

Eh? No, I'm not talking about any particular class. I'm talking about the series of fights that renders you(r entire party) unequipped and completely unable to damage 3-4 30-40 level enemies (several with AoE or ranged damage), with the only way to progress via gimmick. Gimmick which requires you to step on certain squares (Oh, and the squares? They change every turn.). While 4+MP doomcreatures waddle around and lock your skinny arse to the floor and lop off chunks of your HP every round.

Bring teleporters or frikkin' die, is what I'm saying. Several are going to probably frikkin' die anyway.

This is a set of battles via devil gimmick. Someone on the dev team spun the sadist dial to "Just go the hell away."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 01:19:34 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 18, 2014, 03:51:55 am »

So the game is open pvp or something? Some level 80 person just jumped me out in the fields despite no nations being at war.

From what they were trying to tell others, its both I look like a high level and I'm solo.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 04:15:02 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #189 on: July 18, 2014, 04:24:35 am »

PvP can occur anywhere, sure. There are laws in place to prevent casual PvPers, though. What happened after he killed you was he lost some citizenship points and I believe got flagged as a criminal, so guards can kill him and get a hefty kama reward for it. 80 isn't really that huge in the grand scheme of things so I'd imagine he's been cashed in by now, if it's any consolation. :P

Note people cannot PvP you inside your nation's starting area town place, and if there are any guards around at all they're likely not to bother, as well, guards will jump in.

Eh? No, I'm not talking about any particular class. I'm talking about the series of fights that renders you(r entire party) unequipped and completely unable to damage 3-4 30-40 level enemies (several with AoE or ranged damage), with the only way to progress via gimmick. Gimmick which requires you to step on certain squares (Oh, and the squares? They change every turn.). While 4+MP doomcreatures waddle around and lock your skinny arse to the floor and lop off chunks of your HP every round.

Bring teleporters or frikkin' die, is what I'm saying. Several are going to probably frikkin' die anyway.

This is a set of battles via devil gimmick. Someone on the dev team spun the sadist dial to "Just go the hell away."

Sorry I dropped off! Internet fell out and only just came back. We'll have to give it another go sometime, maybe with the Iop and jump. Or maybe when I get teleport flux on the feca!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 04:36:52 am by Seriyu »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 18, 2014, 08:24:37 am »

What dungeon was that :0?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 18, 2014, 08:50:11 am »

The Schlammer. Part of the second Zinit Mountain area -- you can get to the start of it (It's like a five chain set of areas -- not rooms, ala your average dungeon, but full on full sprawl areas) via cannoning to the truce cavern part. The first two parts are actually pretty docile -- 25-ish level enemies that aren't too terribly much of a threat and a (mid)boss that's not that big of a deal -- but everything from the third part onward is basically hell, apparently. A level 25 (the minimum level needed to get in) group would... I'm actually halfway sure six level 25 characters would just get flat wiped.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:52:56 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 18, 2014, 01:49:05 pm »

Can I get an invite to the guild please?

Name's "Impakt", Sacrier.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 18, 2014, 02:23:35 pm »

... how did they get the puddly drops past the PR/localization team?
Ask not!
Ask!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 18, 2014, 02:57:25 pm »

If you zoom all the way out on the map, then go to Inglorium, there's a few things there that also weren't translated.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28