Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Lord of War OOC (Multiplayer RPG/Strategy Game)  (Read 10595 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lord of War OOC (Multiplayer RPG/Strategy Game)
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 05:58:13 pm »

My character is not finish, i hope to finish it soonish though
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 06:17:38 pm »

Added the first two Arbiters for The Shadow of the Emperor. Once again, please don't look inside the spoilers of those Arbiters (with the obvious exception of Rolepgeek).

Rolepgeek, tell me if those seem ok to you, so I can use your opinion as guideline for your next two.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 06:21:57 pm »

Those work quite nicely. I like variety and competence in my servants. My thanks for your creation of them. I'm guessing the others will be similarly interesting.

Side-question: The combination of Earth, Creation, and Essence magic can allow for animated constructs formed of wood, metal, and stone, right?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 06:28:17 pm »

Those work quite nicely. I like variety and competence in my servants. My thanks for your creation of them. I'm guessing the others will be similarly interesting.

Side-question: The combination of Earth, Creation, and Essence magic can allow for animated constructs formed of wood, metal, and stone, right?
Actually Creation alone is enough for that, although Earth magic can provide you with raw materials, and Essence can (if you wish) allow you to give them a soul, which would allow them to use Ki. However maintaining these constructs "alive" will drain some of your magic energy everyday, so you might want to be careful with that. Should you give them a soul through Essence, however, they would not need your magic energy anymore (although they would be far more independent).

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 08:43:37 pm »

I had been thinking Essence would just provide the 'Anima' for them to move and have some basic capability of independent thought(as in, they can figure out the best way to get out of a situation and learn, not as in they might rebel against me). Does a soul equate to human-level intelligence and reasoning automatically? Can I manipulate said souls to my every whim? Can I laugh in an evil way as such?:

"MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAH!"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 02:21:59 am »

A soul does not give them intellegence, you give them a level of intellegence when you create them. And you can't actually decide how their soul will be, only that it will never be your complete opposite. And just in case it is not clear, both creating the construct and giving it a soul are high level spells, complex and exhausting.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 03:09:42 am »

Khaiel can you look over my sheet and see if it is ok?

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 11:45:30 am »

I'm going to start updating the first post with more Arbiters. I haven't been able to look into Varee's sheet in depth, but it seems much better. I'll take a second look once I'm finished with the new Arbiters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2014, 06:29:21 pm »

The new Arbiters are pretty damn cool, I gotta say.

Gonna make that Lord of War, Maxinum?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2014, 08:36:59 am »

Yes... I just got delayed. Parents anniversary and stuffs. Working on it now.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2014, 05:52:25 pm »

I'll keep updating the Arbiter post while waiting for Maxinum's sheet. In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions about the game. This way we won't lose as much time once the game starts.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2014, 06:19:04 pm »

Do we get exact bonuses for stuff?

How much authority do we have, exactly?

What's our starting relationship with the Emperor/Emperor's Son?

What's our army size(s) and composition(s)?

What's an Arbitrated War, exactly?

Do we start with intelligence networks?

Is the Emperor always being male and having only one son your own invention or part of the pre-existing setting?

How sexist is the culture here?

Does having multiple schools make you less effective at any one of them individually?

How exhausting, exactly, is animating the constructs and/or giving them a soul? How long would it take and how many would I be able to do per day? And how many would I be able to start with?

How much are Lords of War likely to get involved in each other's affairs?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2014, 07:14:40 pm »

Do we get exact bonuses for stuff?

How much authority do we have, exactly?

What's our starting relationship with the Emperor/Emperor's Son?

What's our army size(s) and composition(s)?

What's an Arbitrated War, exactly?

Do we start with intelligence networks?

Is the Emperor always being male and having only one son your own invention or part of the pre-existing setting?

How sexist is the culture here?

Does having multiple schools make you less effective at any one of them individually?

How exhausting, exactly, is animating the constructs and/or giving them a soul? How long would it take and how many would I be able to do per day? And how many would I be able to start with?

How much are Lords of War likely to get involved in each other's affairs?
1: Yes. However you won't know them. Just to give it some realism.
2: Lords of War have complete authority over the armed forces of the Empire within their area of influence. And even outside of their areas of influence, their order must be followed by any soldier of the Empire as long as they don't go against direct orders from that area's Lord of War or the Emperor. You also have some limited authority over knight orders and the armies of the different Principalties, being able to request their help as necessary.
3: At the start, the Emperor trusts all of you (you wouldn't be Lords of War if he didn't). It is not unlikely that you might have fought alongside him against rebels or some supernatural threat. As for his son, he is still a teenager, but probably you have seen him training alongside the members of the Order of Heaven.
4: I'm working on the exact composition of the armies, but for numbers, it's going to be about 200000 men for each Lord of War. Those are the troops under your direct control, not counting the armies from the different Principalties and such that you might call for help.
5: Arbitrated Wars are fought when two Principalties have a problem between them and all diplomatic attemps have failed. The Arbiters set a number of objectives for the two Principalties (usually fortresses from the other Principalty). Attacks to the civilian population are strictly forbbiden. During the conflict, the armies of the area's Lord of War and his Arbiter try to make sure that no side tries to go against the rules. The Princpalty that takes all the objectives is declared the winner. This method is used to work out tensions between Principalties while making sure that damage to structures and the civilian population are minimal.
6: Yes you do, although it will be minimal.
7: Part of the pre-existing setting.
8: It depends on the Principalty. In general, men have more importance than women, but things like female soldiers are relatively common, and Imperial law gives the same rights to men and women. However women in positions of high power are extremely rare outside of the Order of Heaven, the Inquisition and the island of Daphne.
9: Yes it does. After all, it's easier to be an expert in a field than to be one in several fields. It takes a lot of time to learn new spells, specially the most complicated ones.
10: It depends on how powerful you want them to be. Creating one powerful enough to 1v1 an Arbiter would make you have to rest for the whole day, while one equivalent to twenty to thirty soldiers would only require you to rest if you created several. Giving them a soul will take most of your energies, regarless of the power of the construct. The spells themselves take only a few minutes each. Taking as an example the construct=20/30 soldiers, you could start with 30 of them. I realize it doesn't sound like much, but their psychological value is quite high. One thing to take into account here is that, during the game, you might develop/discover/learn rituals that could help you with your constructs, giving them their own source of power so that they don't drain yours, increasing their effectivity or maybe something complely different.
11: In theory, they should only get involved in each other's affairs when it concerns the borders between their areas of influence. However they are encouraged to watch over each other, both to make sure that they don't abuse the trust the Emperor has put in them and to be able to act should a situation get out of control without having to wait for a call for aid (which means that, in the past, many Lords of War have had troops secretly deployed outside their areas of influence)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2014, 07:22:49 pm »

Well am on the new continent on my own with out much of a border tension so i guess i dont really interact with other much then......

My questions

How long have we been lord of war when we start the game?

Do lord of war handle stuff like taxing and economic too? Or just military and peace keeping.

Do lord of war go fight or get involve in a battle or dispute in the land or do they consider themself a commander exclusively.

How often do lord of wars meet , like a meeting with emperor, is it a systematic thing or whenever a meeting is needed?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2014, 10:21:33 pm »

Hmmm...

My ideas had been more on par with terracotta soldiers.

Would it be possible to raise a legion of stone soldiers from the earth as statues with Earth magic and utilize Creation magic to give them all basic animation and intelligence/order-following abilities?

Warforged are cool and all, and I'll use 'em, but I've got pseudo-China and pseudo-Japan. I gotta have them terracotta soldiers.

Plus, it's hilarious to imagine the following:

"Sire, there is finally a breach in their lines, and the Arbiters are being distracted by our mages!"
"Excellent. Send in the Second, Fourth, and Fifth Knights Divisions."
*Suddenly pikemen everywhere*
"Well...fuck."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7