Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Lord of War OOC (Multiplayer RPG/Strategy Game)  (Read 10591 times)

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lord of War OOC (Multiplayer RPG/Strategy Game)
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2014, 10:47:35 am »

The other lords army is not a secret, at least right now (this might change during the game). The armies and Arbiters have been moved to a bookkeeping thread for the sake of order. I'm finishing linking the two threads.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2014, 03:12:47 pm »

It's taking a lot more effort to avoid looking at the secret armies than it takes to not look at other arbiters. I think it's because the secret armies seem like they would be so much more interesting.

Units with Scout automatically have Fast, right? It seems like they'd be more or less pointless otherwise.

And the armies have supplementary support staff and camp followers and the like to assist with supply lines and the needs of armies number in the hundreds of thousands?

What's the currency of the world again? And do we need to worry about such things? How muchof the game will be economic build-up?

What challenges are we likely to be facing?

Is it possible to recycle or capture souls of those who die, particularly if they're bound to a construct?

And can we at least get PMs detailing what the unique traits of part of our secret armies are?

Just how dangerous is the Moth or whatever? Would it be possible to mount expeditions into it to try and recover artifacts? Or do so in person?

Is there a trait related to propaganda and the like? Desertion and bribery are as effective as disease, starvation, and weather, for reducing enemy armies, in most cases.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2014, 03:28:11 pm »

It's taking a lot more effort to avoid looking at the secret armies than it takes to not look at other arbiters. I think it's because the secret armies seem like they would be so much more interesting.

Units with Scout automatically have Fast, right? It seems like they'd be more or less pointless otherwise.

And the armies have supplementary support staff and camp followers and the like to assist with supply lines and the needs of armies number in the hundreds of thousands?

What's the currency of the world again? And do we need to worry about such things? How muchof the game will be economic build-up?

What challenges are we likely to be facing?

Is it possible to recycle or capture souls of those who die, particularly if they're bound to a construct?

And can we at least get PMs detailing what the unique traits of part of our secret armies are?

Just how dangerous is the Moth or whatever? Would it be possible to mount expeditions into it to try and recover artifacts? Or do so in person?

Is there a trait related to propaganda and the like? Desertion and bribery are as effective as disease, starvation, and weather, for reducing enemy armies, in most cases.
1: Well, they do not have the Fast trait per se, but because they are smaller units they do move way faster.
2: Yes the army have the necessary support staff. I haven't included for the sake of simplicity.
3: The currency is called Crowns. There are Copper Crowns, Silver Crowns (each is 10 Copper Crowns) and Gold Crowns (each is 100 Silver Crowns). You shouldn't need to worry, at least if you keep yourselves a part of the Empire.
4: Rebellions, attacks from Supernatural creatures and maybe traitors.
5: Well, necromancy can do wonders, but most souls disappear from the world after a few hours. Even the most powerful souls rarely remain for more than 12 hours if they don't become undead. So yes, it is possible, but you would need to be fast.
6: I'm working on that, don't worry. You'll have the details in the next 24 hours.
7: Most areas of Moth are actually safe. It's mainly the forests that are dangerous. It would be possible to mount expeditions or to go yourself, but the deeper one gets into the woods, the more dangerous it is going to be. As a rule of thumb, numbers are less important than the personal power and skill of the people sent.
8: Saboteurs works for propaganda too.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2014, 01:20:38 am »

Do arbiter have there own army? or they take part of the lord army?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2014, 04:15:24 am »

They are part of their lord's army.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2014, 07:58:14 pm »

Is there somewhere the troop is currently deploy? or if we dont move them , they are station automatically in the starting position right?

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2014, 08:01:13 pm »

Right now you choose their starting position.

BTW, if you need any more info about the Principalties (try to be specific in the info you need) to choose your base of operations or where to deploy your troops, just ask me.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2014, 08:09:13 pm »

Well can you put down an english name for each of them and rough position?  it pretty hard to read that map.
Also it would be nice to know where each army originate from to minimise unrest.
Also how dose recuitment work?

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2014, 08:33:31 pm »

Well the names of the Principalties (which are in quite big letters in the map I believe) are the same. And the list of Principalties for each area are in the first post under the "Lords of War" spoiler. I'm trying to get an English map though.

Armies that originate from a Principalty have it on their name. Elcian Mercenaries, for example, come from the Principalty of Elcia.

When recruiting, you ask me for a number of men and the traits you want them to have (or for a certain number of units of a kind of unit that you already have). The more men and traits, the longer it will take to recruit them (expect several in-game months at minimum).

EDIT: Ok. I have found another map that's still in Spanish but is way bigger, so it's easier to read the names of the Principalties.
http://www.edgeent.com/v2/edge_public/pdf_utilidades/anima/mapa_poster.jpg

The names written in red are the names of the Principalties (and the they are the only things you should actually worry about. I'm not planning on getting into much more detail).
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:39:56 pm by Khaiel »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2014, 08:59:00 pm »

PTW

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2014, 09:12:57 pm »

So after the deployment i put order in the IC thread right?
Also where should i put recruitment order?
and can you recuit more men for secret army type? or are those fixed?

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2014, 09:23:11 pm »

Yes, you should put the the orders on the IC thread.
You can also recruit for your secret army, but those take longer.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2014, 09:30:21 pm »

Can, uh, can you put a link to it in the OP?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2014, 12:13:38 am »

You all should arrange your army deployemtn in the bookeeping thread too.
Also Vex is not going to initiate any conversation so if you want to talk to him you got to approach him

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2014, 12:19:04 am »

Also Vex is not going to initiate any conversation so if you want to talk to him you got to approach him
That's fine with me.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7