Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Lord of War OOC (Multiplayer RPG/Strategy Game)  (Read 10590 times)

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lord of War OOC (Multiplayer RPG/Strategy Game)
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2014, 12:29:55 pm »

Well am on the new continent on my own with out much of a border tension so i guess i dont really interact with other much then......

My questions

How long have we been lord of war when we start the game?

Do lord of war handle stuff like taxing and economic too? Or just military and peace keeping.

Do lord of war go fight or get involve in a battle or dispute in the land or do they consider themself a commander exclusively.

How often do lord of wars meet , like a meeting with emperor, is it a systematic thing or whenever a meeting is needed?

1: You can decide, but for no longer than 20 years.
2: They don't handle the economics of the Principalties in their area. That's part of the Princes' job. They do receive part of the taxes to maintain and manage their armies.
3: I'm not sure if I understand your question. If it is wheter Lords of War do actually fight, then the answer is yes. Lords of War go to battle with their troops, mostly because all of them have special powers or incredible combat skills which really make combat easier, even at the scale of armies.
4: Lords of War meet every New Year's Eve with the Emperor in Arkangel, the capital city of the Empire, but the Emperor can call all of them for special meetings or for great battles (even if they don't bring their troops, the 4 Lords of War are always a force strong enough to make most enemies surrender).

Hmmm...

My ideas had been more on par with terracotta soldiers.

Would it be possible to raise a legion of stone soldiers from the earth as statues with Earth magic and utilize Creation magic to give them all basic animation and intelligence/order-following abilities?

Warforged are cool and all, and I'll use 'em, but I've got pseudo-China and pseudo-Japan. I gotta have them terracotta soldiers.

Plus, it's hilarious to imagine the following:

"Sire, there is finally a breach in their lines, and the Arbiters are being distracted by our mages!"
"Excellent. Send in the Second, Fourth, and Fifth Knights Divisions."
*Suddenly pikemen everywhere*
"Well...fuck."

Well terracotta soldiers would be much easier to create. And your character would probably know the rituals to create them, so having a  legion or two (the imperial legion is somewhere between 3000-5000 men, but sizes vary wildly depending on the area) would be feasible. Just remember that, Lord of War or not, the Inquisition doesn't like big supernatural displays.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2014, 01:18:49 pm »

Inquisition can go die in a hole. >:(
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2014, 01:31:52 pm »

Inquisition can go die in a hole. >:(
Not the first one to say it, surely not the last one either.

Btw, just finished Harbingerjm's Arbiters. Let's see if he comes over here to tell me his opinion.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2014, 08:51:33 pm »

Srsly surprised no one else has come in to nab my position in the time I've not made my character... this looks good! But oh well.

Name: Cale Droch
Position: Lord of War
Description: The Alberian Cale Droch. The Lord Of War. There are still people who cannot grasp how those two things mean the same thing. A young man of 29, his rise to his new title has been fraught with controversy. A survivor of his hometown's destruction at a supernatural creature's hands, Cale built up a strong hate for the supernatural. He was a far above average fighter who's kindness, humility and determination meant he gained many friends in high places, but not a hero, and certainly no arbiter. It was a chance meeting with a group of Daimah that changed everything. They awoke his magic potential that had been repressed through trauma from his hometown's destruction and gave him their catlike nimbleness along with his strength. He quickly grew in power and took tougher tests to advance.

During these tests, he was also required to study, and he often debated with the others on the lost races. He gained no allies, and a little suspicion, and knew he could not champion their cause, as he was told. The Empire was the best they had, though, and his loyalty to it was never in doubt. It was when he heard about Baal's defeat when he made arbiter did he start to form a new goal. If he couldn't protect the lost races directly, he could do it indirectly. Protect the world. Train to face the greatest of supernatural beasts and demons.

Though his personal combat was the worst of the arbiters, his ability to boost troops put him with the Lord of War's personal arbiters. He went from boosting one person to entire legions so quickly, it surprised everyone. Still, an arbiter seemed as far as he'd get, until a battle went very wrong. The opposing army fielded intensely powerful supernatural beings, injuring the Lord of War and leaving the army in chaos. In the direst hour, Cale channelled everything he had with his Guandao, and boosted the entire army. With newfound strength and protection, and surprising the enemy army, the empire's troops carried the day. It was expected for the champion arbiter to inherit the Lord of War position, but the old one demanded a duel between his champion and the saviour of the army, Cale, ordering him to give it his all rather than hold back. The old Lord of War had worked out Cale had not been the weakest, and it showed, when Cale won the gruelling and long duel.

Some call it a fluke, and not all are happy with his rise to power. He still has those who had always favoured him, along with some suspicion from the inquisition, so Cale has had to spend the last year consolidating his power, and getting used to what it implied. Some wonder, too, if his appointment was blessed by the emperor and the church because of Cale's apparent naivety, a trait that could be easy to manipulate. The only thing people know is how they do not know what goes on in his head. Since the Daimah invaded his mind to leave, albeit friendly, messages, Cale has worked on warding his mind with ki and his spiritual magic. It would be fatal if anyone knew of his blasphemy hiding Daimah, his wish for a all race world in peace or his doubt of Christ-Abel's true intentions.

The most anyone knows of him is the emperor. In a discussion for his new role, he was personally questioned, and one came up: ''What is your goal?'' The most truth anyone has ever heard was this answer: ''To save and protect the world.'' Cale's troops are well equipped, highly trained and have high morale. His honour on the field has meant there are few who wish to sully that with deception or dissension. In battle, Cale leads in the front to wind his ki energies up to peak as his troops gain the benefits of his power. His battle plans may lack in the more subtle areas, but he is meticulous beforehand and valiant during. He has yet to prove his might against the Lords of War in personal combat, so none know if he is as history suggests, the strongest. All the same, no one doubts his will and fire, whether others consider that to be a sign of strength or stupidity. He envies the Shadow, who still hides his identity, and how much easier it must be for the guy. He is wary of the Lord of Euraki, who uses far shiftier strategies than he likes to know. He respects Harrith (for one, the only one he knows by name), and his strategies.
Weapon of Choice: 'Caledonian' a Guan dao, Martial Arts (lightly armoured gauntlets and boots)
Source of Power: Ki. Magic (Essence only... I think...).

Cale's ki boosts his body passively in every category, but particularly strength, speed, reactions and toughness. His ki builds up as his body fights and his adrenaline rises, manifesting in external powers as his ki armour, ki fire on his arms and ki shields. His Guandao is a heavy weapon that he wields effortlessly. It's weight naturally builds ki in his body faster just by spinning it up to speed, but it's properties enhance it further, storing the ki and unleashing it in either ki flame on the blade or a powerful strike and gives a concussive ki blast. Out of combat, he can use his ki to heal himself and others to an extent, normally enough to stop fatal wounds being fatal if in time, but has to then be left to the medical staff.
It is his magical side that allows his ki to receive such heights. His spirit connects with his ki to boost it exponentially, though overuse can take it's toll on his body and spirit. His nature magics allow him to request the ki from the plants around him. If nature agrees with his cause, they will give him their ki to replenish him, sometimes more, sometimes less. A gamble, sometimes through desperation, sometimes to conserve personal energy. It is his spirit magic that allows him to pass his ki's effects onto others. Other than that, he cannot cast magic spells, not even others from the essence group.
It is his ki and his understanding of his spirit that protects his mind. Though this can be broken by a psychic attack, it would be the opposite of subtle.
Skills: Monster fighting. Diplomacy. Strategy. Trainer. History. Music (Irish Whistle).
Specialty: Support. (Ensures his troops are well trained, armed and fed. And then boosts them further with his abilities.)

Five...
Five versions... and this is the shortest one.
*Shudder.

Khaiel, if you want any additional info, I can give it. If I've got something wrong lore wise, even if it means a change of the character, let me know. I seem to think I may have been a little bold in my assumptions... dunno why.

Sorry for the wait, everyone. Think we can agree mine's nothing like anyone else's skill wise. :P (on about skills... I feel like I've missed one or two, so if I add like, a couple in the next 24 hours, it'll be because I'll be going about my day and just go ''Oh, yeah! I meant to have that in!'')
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:04:43 pm by Maxinum McDreich »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2014, 04:49:40 am »

Btw, just finished Harbingerjm's Arbiters. Let's see if he comes over here to tell me his opinion.
Interesting... Caution is required, but I see opportunity as well...
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2014, 05:33:40 am »

Srsly surprised no one else has come in to nab my position in the time I've not made my character... this looks good! But oh well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Five...
Five versions... and this is the shortest one.
*Shudder.

Khaiel, if you want any additional info, I can give it. If I've got something wrong lore wise, even if it means a change of the character, let me know. I seem to think I may have been a little bold in my assumptions... dunno why.

Sorry for the wait, everyone. Think we can agree mine's nothing like anyone else's skill wise. :P (on about skills... I feel like I've missed one or two, so if I add like, a couple in the next 24 hours, it'll be because I'll be going about my day and just go ''Oh, yeah! I meant to have that in!'')
It's good. I like it. Actually the only thing that would need a slight change is my fault, and it's because I didn't give dates. Baal's defeat happened 60 years ago, although as it was a secret war (and 99% of Gaia's population don't know that it was a thing) it's entirely possible that you didn't know of it until you started to rise through the ranks.

It's perfect as it is, but feel free to add more if you want. It's funny, because it's actually the kind of guy that Elijah would trust as the Lord of War.

I've already have some good ideas with your characters, and I'm sure you'll probably give me more ideas once we start. I'll try to finish the Arbiters ASAP.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 06:57:06 am by Khaiel »

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2014, 07:07:30 am »

Ah, Baal's defeat knowledge was something I REALLY skimped on details, cos I was still trying to keep it short (I did assume something like 40 years had passed since that war, tho. I just wrote it badly XD). At the point he finds out, Cale's studying as part of his rising through the ranks. Still, he was a couple ranks too low when he heard it from a conversation between two leader's of the academy that trained those who showed promise to make Arbiter one day. That's the idea anyway, but if you'd prefer he heard it when he became Arbiter, then yeah. Just means Cale finds his new goal a bit later than currently. :P

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2014, 08:00:42 am »

I'd prefer if he heard about it when he became an Arbiter.

On a not-so-unrelated topic, I believe I will have all Arbiters finished by tomorrow afternoon (GMT+1). With that in mind, I think I will be able to have your armies compositions posted by Thursday night (again GMT+1). So if you want to add any more details to your characters, or ask any more questions about the setting, it will be best if you do so before I finish.

You can also discuss with the other players if you have some kind of agreements or relationships prior to the game starting point (wich will be on New Year's Eve of the year 549).

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2014, 08:47:24 am »

right, added in 'when he made arbiter' for when he heard of Baal.

Also, I love the Arbiters I've gotten... though that leads to my question:
Do the Lords of War know their Arbiters actual identities?

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2014, 09:08:00 am »

Yup, that's why they are in spoilers

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2014, 09:13:01 am »

I think i want atleast one arbiter to be like some kind of assasin or spy, that would be cool.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2014, 09:14:17 am »

I think i want atleast one arbiter to be like some kind of assasin or spy, that would be cool.
I'm working on your Arbiters too, and I have one that I think you are going to like.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2014, 02:13:31 pm »

Do Arbiters know other Arbiters identities?

Was the Black Knight the arbiter that Cale defeated to gain his Lord of War status (since the guy seems to be powerful)?

I wish my questions came in larger batches like everyone elses XD.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2014, 02:33:22 pm »

Arbiters don't generally know each other's identites, although they sometimes do.

The Arbiter that you defeated can be one of your Arbiters or some Arbiter that you make up that eventually died/retired.

EDIT: Only three Arbiters left. I updated the spoiler of The System with info about what it means exactly that you all know the "basics" of Ki.

EDIT2: Finished the Arbiters, started doing the armies. I think I'm going to create a Bookkeeping thread for the armies, arbiters and everything that will come. I'll explain there exactly what the things in brackets mean for the the units. I remind you that those armies are the troops directly under your control, without counting the troops that you might request to the different Principalties (and of course, the troops that you can get thanks to recruitment centres).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 07:40:22 am by Khaiel »

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2014, 10:45:07 am »

can we look at other lords army? or is that secret as well?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7