Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31

Author Topic: Habit RPG  (Read 38174 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Habit RPG
« Reply #225 on: July 29, 2014, 05:32:01 pm »

As far as I can tell, everyone has 50 max health.
Higher-levelled people take slightly less damage, I think.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 29, 2014, 06:00:48 pm »

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:39:38 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 29, 2014, 07:39:37 pm »

Anyone working out for the Dwarven Gauntlet? I've been in a lot of pain for the past couple days (not entirely unrelated to overdoing it with exercise, but not 100% caused by it,)  and haven't been able to get any good work in.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #228 on: July 30, 2014, 01:11:14 am »

The damage you take is related to your constitution score. When you level up you get points you can spend on your attributes (though this isn't pointed out until level 10; maybe you have to be level 10 to do it, I'm not sure). You can also buy equipment which increases your constitution.

I think I've taken 17.5 damage so far from the boss (my con is 0). This fight is obviously going to take a while. I would ask everyone to please keep in mind that missing your dailies isn't just about you now, it's about your whole party. Everyone gets hurt when you miss one. If there's something you consistently miss, consider moving it to the habits list until you can get better at doing it.

I also notice that although it's 8 am over here, I still haven't attacked the rat. Usually it happens at midnight. My tasks have rolled over, but no attack. What the hell, man?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #229 on: July 30, 2014, 01:57:21 am »

Ouch, who's missing their dailies? I took like 25 damage over the last 12 hours.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #230 on: July 30, 2014, 03:37:46 am »

Hm... My damage finally went through about an hour ago. Strange that it was so delayed.

It's easy to tell who's hurting us by looking in the party screen. ; )

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #231 on: July 30, 2014, 03:47:28 am »

It's definitely Arx and Furtuka.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 30, 2014, 04:23:57 am »

I think my character might die from this damage- what happens in the event of this?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 30, 2014, 04:40:39 am »

You lose all your money :V
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Migue5356

• Bay Watcher
  • grisha5
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 30, 2014, 04:41:38 am »

I think my character might die from this damage- what happens in the event of this?

Habit RPG

If you don't do your dailies, you lose HP, and if you die, you lose your gold, an item, and a level.

Also,  I apparently can see the future since some of the messages say "in X minutes" instead of "X minutes ago".
]hi guys,im back, who was missing me?

Y-you know. I'm just going to leave. You've all managed to thoroughly horrify me...

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #235 on: July 30, 2014, 05:15:47 am »

You can buy health potions in the item shop (on the tasks page, starting at level 2) for 25 gold. If your health is getting too low, grab one of those. I've already posted in the party, but I'll say it here again as well: those of you who are dealing us damage, if you can't get your dailies done, move them to habits for the quest. If you really want to keep it authentic, take your punishment for missed dailies and bad habits, then it might be best if you leave the party until the quest is done (I will happily add you back, of course, once you're able to keep up ;) ).

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 30, 2014, 08:30:15 am »

You can buy health potions in the item shop (on the tasks page, starting at level 2) for 25 gold. If your health is getting too low, grab one of those. I've already posted in the party, but I'll say it here again as well: those of you who are dealing us damage, if you can't get your dailies done, move them to habits for the quest. If you really want to keep it authentic, take your punishment for missed dailies and bad habits, then it might be best if you leave the party until the quest is done (I will happily add you back, of course, once you're able to keep up ;) ).
I have two health and only eighteen gold... I'll take healer when I'm level ten.

EDIT: Got killed. At this rate we'll all die several times to this guy...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 09:39:23 am by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 30, 2014, 11:19:44 am »

We'll all probably level up a bunch too when we beat him, so it will hopefully balance out.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #238 on: July 30, 2014, 11:31:54 am »

Dying is no fun, though. You lose all your gold and a random item. That's a pretty heavy price if the death is out of your control (ie, caused by your party-mates). Things will be much easier if we get a healer. Otherwise if it really gets out of hand, I might have to boot the biggest offenders from the party. I hope that won't be necessary though!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #239 on: July 30, 2014, 12:22:32 pm »

It's definitely Arx and Furtuka.

Yeah, sorry. I haven't had time to do stuff, but I kind of forgot to change my dailies to reflect it...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31