Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG III  (Read 13907 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG III
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2014, 04:06:40 pm »

Her reply destroyed by smoke and fire, she stumbled from her feet and into the stance of the Steelbreaker.

It does not seem defensive, at first -arms and weapons spread wide, seeming to invite the blades towards her. But it woudl be a trap - in truth, only the slightest movement is needed to dodge a blow. It is not how much you move that is important, but how little. Speed is vital but rushing is not. You moves should flow, drawing the blades, shattering them, shattering your opponent.

Dazed, half blinded (in more than one way), Ketsuki nonetheless got ready to defend.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2014, 06:42:19 pm »

Fia look around for anyone that might be hurt and go help them.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2014, 06:44:09 pm »

Anthony gets up and starts moving away from the blast.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2014, 07:03:55 pm »

Quite upset about the interruption of what was soon to be a fine meal, Yozod roars and spins his length of chain around in one hand, using the other to fling his chair across the room at the looming figure.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2014, 12:47:27 am »

Momentarily dazed, Chance shook herself clear. Quietly, she sparked into action.

Climb onto the rafters to hide.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2014, 03:35:09 am »

"Oh, cock! Just my luck, innit? Gah!"

Quickly, put the steak into my pocket! That oughta soften it up. And then try to find my way outside through a nearby window.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2014, 05:06:31 am »

Fia glances quickly around the room as she recovers, but no one is clearly injured, just stunned. She sees Ketsuki slip into a combat stance, eyes jumping between the large figure and the doorway, where the footsteps resolve into silhouettes of their own - none of the same size as the first, but all seemingly armed. Anthony and Ulten both move away from both the blast and the newcomers, but as they near the furthest wall, they see yet another figure standing outside the window. (10+4+3) Chance, meanwhile, jumps up onto a nearby table, before swinging herself up into the rafters.
 (11+4+2) The rafters lie just above the smoke, letting Chance look down at the scene below. The large figure, armoured in thick black plate from head to toe, glances up briefly, but does not see her. The new arrivals, of which there are around ten, move into the room, staying near the walls. They are lightly armoured, more for speed than protection, and around half are armed with blades, but the other half hold short tubes. Similar tubes are slung over the shoulder of the huge figure, though they are near three times the size. (15+3v??) (??) It is reaching over his shoulder for one as a chair breaks against him, thrown by Yozod, but it does not pause, a glance in the direction of the ogre its only acknowledgement.
 It cradles the tube in its arms, pointing it downwards towards a small figure lying unconscious by the counter.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2014, 05:14:01 am »

"Izzat the dwarf? You can't kill the dwarf! He's givin' out free food!"

Spooner to the rescue! Axe that fella's tube right out of his hands (and steal it, if the opportunity presents itself) and try to make off with the small figure!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2014, 05:27:16 am »

If this comes to hostilities, carve rune C10 to the wood with my dagger, with the intent to make combat practically impossible. Otherwise, stay hidden and observe.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 05:35:58 am by IcyTea31 »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2014, 05:29:18 am »

((Write down the code, but not the name. The code system means that enemies can use runes that you don't know etc.... In fact, you are free to exchange rune knowledge with other characters, although you'd need a reason - it generally isn't done unless necessary.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2014, 06:39:48 am »

Fia Draw the B6 Rune trying to make an ice barrier to keep the invaders out.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2014, 08:45:06 am »

Anthony looks for something to carve with. He carves (T1(B1)(B5))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2014, 09:31:56 am »

Anthony looks for something to carve with. He carves (T1(B1)(B5))
((Last I checked, you had a set of scribing tools on you. Why carve when you can just write?))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2014, 01:11:24 pm »

She disliked striking the first blow, if it came to blades, but she had little choice. She saw the moss-farmer drow leap forwards, and dashed forwards in kind.
The axe swung towards the tube, if the drow did not succeed, and the blow would knock the arm aside, exposing the armpit: she would drive the falchion through the weak armour there, and across into the neck.

That was the plan her body put in motion, anyway. Her teeth were gritted.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2014, 05:51:06 pm »

He may be an ogre, but Yozod's no fool. He threw that chair hard, and it didn't even warrant more than a glance from the tall figure. Getting close to that thing would most likely just get him enslaved again, or worse. Letting loose another roar, he turns his attention towards the smaller figures, charging towards them and lashing out wildly with his length of chain.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36