Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: [SPOILERS] 0.40 Secret Content Discussion [NOSERIOUSLYSPOILERS]  (Read 29132 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: [SPOILERS] 0.40 Secret Content Discussion [NOSERIOUSLYSPOILERS]
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2014, 02:16:13 pm »

Unfortunately Toady One cannot predict forum memes ahead of time, before he released DF2014. So its exclusion is not an oversight. It'll be in the next version, don't worry.
He he he, yeah, I've been trying to avoid "it was inevitable" jokes since I started working on this bug...

thewonderidiot -- do you remember the history of your play in that particular world?  Reclaimed a worldgen fort to start?  Another fort first?
You sure about that?
._.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2014, 05:03:09 pm »

Unfortunately Toady One cannot predict forum memes ahead of time, before he released DF2014. So its exclusion is not an oversight. It'll be in the next version, don't worry.
It was inevitable.

It will be inevitable.

It is inevitable.
/quotepyramid
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2014, 10:40:20 am »

Oh, and by the way, there's an easy trick to find vaults (technically cheating, but who cares): Use Legends mode to export the world's XML data, search for "vault" to find the map tile coordinates of the vault. Then start up Fortress Mode, and on the embark selection screen, move your embark rectangle around on that map tile until you find that single square that causes the "embark!" option to be grayed out. That is where the vault is. Take a screenshot of your embark screen, then abort Fortress Mode (don't ever save your world, your save will always be corrupted), make a backup of the world (in case DF does weird shit), and visit the site in adv mode.

I don't know what underworld spires are, but if they're aboveground, you can obviously find them like that too.

Any more details on how to do this?  I've got the coords but I can't find the location in embark.  My main issue I guess is figuring out the coordinates without anything in the embark screen to tell me.  Which corner is the origin point and does it start at 0,0 or 1,1?  Because I've checked just about every possible origin point without finding this damn vault.
Shoes...

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2014, 11:01:20 am »

Any more details on how to do this?  I've got the coords but I can't find the location in embark.  My main issue I guess is figuring out the coordinates without anything in the embark screen to tell me.  Which corner is the origin point and does it start at 0,0 or 1,1?  Because I've checked just about every possible origin point without finding this damn vault.

I used it, so I'll just say how I did it:

Find the coords in the xml, easy enough.
The counting goes from top left. X is right, Y is down. I honestly don't know the starting number, but try 1,1 then if you can't find it, just search the surrounding squares. Resize the embark point to cover all the local tiles, if embark isn't greyed out, search elsewhere.
You can also look for sites in the surrounding area. You need to translate the site name with the language raws, then look that up in the xml (write the two words as one into search). Use those coords then you'll have to count less and you'll know where you're going from.

Then just keep making the embark smaller, you'll be able to find which tile makes it grey out. Print screen it, put in paint. In adventure mode, the easiest is to get an outsider and keep pressing + until you start in the site that's near the vault from the previous part. Outsiders can't make claims to sites (maybe you simply need more fame? dunno), but you can atleast start in almost any site (not goblin tho).

That's what I used. In adventure mode, the travel map is more or less the local region in embark mode. The middle screen in embark is the log map (Q) in adventure.

Good luck. Make sure you look up which demon made the slab and where he resides. (Or copy the save, and IN THE COPY, give in to starvation and go into legends mode, work from there)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2014, 05:08:56 pm »

Find the coords in the xml, easy enough.
The counting goes from top left. X is right, Y is down. I honestly don't know the starting number, but try 1,1 then if you can't find it, just search the surrounding squares.
The top left map tile is 0,0.

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2014, 05:53:21 pm »

in the custom world gen there's a option called generate divine materials (options yes and no), is this new? or am i dumb?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 06:15:04 pm by keyreper »
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2014, 06:18:20 pm »

It's new. Divine materials appear in the vaults described in this thread.

AJC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2014, 07:01:33 pm »

someone did some quick and dirty manual raw extractions the divine metals

they lack melting and boiling points making them immune to heat effects even against dragonfire the max edge for them is 1.2 times sharper than steel and they have have 0 for their all their strain yields and are just slightly less dense than Glumprong wood.

their non strain impact and sheer values are extremely high 1000000 for the COMPRESSIVE/IMPACT/BENDING/SHEER_YIELD and 2000000 for the matching fracture yields.

and they all share processed adamantine's base mod value of 300 and also have all of adamantine's tags for stuff that can be made out of it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 07:04:39 pm by AJC »

gtaguy

• Bay Watcher
  • {Curly Brace}
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2014, 07:55:56 pm »

So they're OP but not randomly generated.

Damn, here I was hoping to have a metal that when exposed to magma would melt away. Quick and easy military thrall disarm tactic.
Quote from: GoldenShadow
I don't understand why you need magma.
Quote from: Duuvian
Well done OP, you've inadvertently weaponized ghosts.

AJC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2014, 08:19:09 pm »

i should point out that this info isn't 100 sure that it's the case for all since there haven't been many people sharing their worlds randomly generated raw data.

FearsomeClarinet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2014, 04:36:49 pm »

I just used legends viewer to try and find out more about these vaults, but every time I try to view the details on them, legends viewer refuses to open ANYTHING afterwards. It seems that other than it being a site and having population, it simply is not a part of history. I can ,however, use legends viewer to locate them, I simply have to use the map and search the sites until it I find a vault, and I can confirm what was said previously about the population count. 76, in EVERY single vault. 50 of one type, with the titles Slave, Attendant, or Being (of ___). 25 Slayers or Spirits. 1 Behemoth or Doom. I probably have missed loads, as this is just what I've seen out of the like 4 vaults in this world. You will probably also be interested in the population count of the Dark Goblin Fortresses. Here's the counts for just one. 2898 goblins, 1550 trolls, 94 humans, 42 dwarves, 20 human prisoners, 15 dwarven prisoners, 6 elf prisoners, 4 elves, and 1 goat demon (and a partridge in a pear tree). But seriously, over 4000 enemies, that's crazy. And the boss is of course always a randomly generated demon, I see a blind one, a goat, and a pale pink one. This is odd, I can only find three fortresses with demons, but there are 4 vaults. Perhaps this means one vault does not have a slab.

EDIT: And even stranger is the extreme amount of artifacts in the form of books... correct me if I'm wrong, I've only been playing for about two months, but weren't there normally like 3-4 different artifacts before, just for granting necromantic powers? Now there's 174 artifacts, 169 of which are books, all with titles. They don't seem to do anything, but they have a number of pages, and they seem to be mostly essays and autobiographies. They are all written by necromancers, and stored within towers it seems. Does this mean we can read them? What purpose do they serve, like why would I acquire the autobiography Humans: Fact, or Fiction, written by the necromancer Zega Spiraledmothers? I mean, they are probably simply fodder to avoid you finding the book that grants powers, but its freakin weird.  I look forward to shuffling through a necromancer tower reading every page in order to find the real source of power.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 04:48:47 pm by FearsomeClarinet »

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2014, 04:55:39 pm »

Books were in before and any particular lucky sentient can kill a demon so maybe Number 4 on your list got offed or replaced at some point.

Books are a Necro/Demon thing from the last version. They write them and sometimes record theyr secrets in them (did anyone confirm if true names are recorded in them?).

And 4000 enemies? Sounds about right for an medieval town :P
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:04:35 pm by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

FearsomeClarinet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2014, 04:59:59 pm »

I figured those things, but I didn't want to assume anything, compared to everyone I'm super nooby. And yeah, those 4000 enemies are going to be quite the trip, I want to go in professional in stuff, and come out grandmaster of every combat skill EVAR.

dbay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2014, 05:18:59 pm »

So I beat a vault.

It took all day, I died a zillion times, I had to save and load I don't know how many times. I only pulled it off because I created a fortress, cranked out masterwork candy gear, and went in with that.

It was packed with fairly-easy "helpers of Raz" that didn't have any weapons or armor, a few dozen ungodly-powerful Protected X Lord/Masters with procedurally generated material equipment ("pale metal bulky whips" and "pale metal wavy blades" and translucent cloth clothes). The hardest thing about them is their skill; they can parry ANY attack reliably. The pale metal is lighter than aluminum, but not as light as adamantine. Almost every item was >1 unit of weight. Nevertheless, interestingly, pale metal warhammers were EXTREMELY deadly. The translucent cloth didn't provide significant protection against my masterwork adamantine longsword, but that isn't saying much. There was a single "Valor's Ruination," some kind of giant cobra monster that went down pretty quick. The place was riddled with levers--MAKE SURE YOU PULL THEM--because at the end, there's a corridor full of Slade grates that the levers open. You have to pull every lever to get in.

Through there, there were a few more rooms, and a slab, reading:

The Slab Reads: I am Osta Togungerxung, "Osta the God-Forsaken Wickedness," once of the underworld. By Raz I bind myself to this place.

I read the slab, but not much seems to have happened to me.

EDIT: Btw, the slab was tin, but weighed 436 regardless. Getting out with it is going to be oh so much fun...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2014, 05:20:38 pm »

Read the whole topic including spoilers and you'll understand what the slab is for.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9