Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: [SPOILERS] 0.40 Secret Content Discussion [NOSERIOUSLYSPOILERS]  (Read 29112 times)

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SPOILERS] 0.40 Secret Content Discussion [NOSERIOUSLYSPOILERS]
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2014, 05:25:14 pm »

I figured those things, but I didn't want to assume anything, compared to everyone I'm super nooby. And yeah, those 4000 enemies are going to be quite the trip, I want to go in professional in stuff, and come out grandmaster of every combat skill EVAR.
Regarding those enemies, most of those are likely not soldiers or combatants of any kind.  They are just normal people(well, normal for goblins anyhow...) like woodworkers, masons, clothiers, blacksmiths, etc., and in my experience for exploring goblins sites most of them will just run in terror from you.  Further more, since the sites that contain these towers are so big, you are not likely to encounter most of them.

dbay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2014, 05:48:04 pm »

I read through the thread. Cool stuff with the slab; just can't imagine how I'd drag it that far...
Also
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, about the slade spires:

snjwffl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2014, 09:09:18 pm »

I'm inept when it comes to modding, so could somebody post the raws for their nigh-invincible adventurer?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2014, 09:23:28 pm »

After leaving a vault and coming back with meatshieldshelpers, all of the guardians were gone. Do they only appear at certain times of day, or is this just a bug that makes going through the place easy and uneventful?

EDIT: Well, it was dedicated to the goddess of suicide, so maybe they all killed themselves.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 09:33:13 pm by ShoesandHats »

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2014, 10:56:55 pm »

Hmm.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2014, 11:06:27 pm »

I'm inept when it comes to modding, so could somebody post the raws for their nigh-invincible adventurer?

This is a good question for the modding forum. You should be able to create an utterly invincible character with just a couple of tags.

It will be neat to see who the first player to legitimately defeat this new HFS will be. They're name will immortalized in the legends of the Bay12 forums for years to come. From what I have gathered, conquering all the vault guardians is truly a challenge beyond challenges. Even just killing one of these things is quite a feat.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 11:13:26 pm by Melting Sky »

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2014, 04:46:28 am »

After leaving a vault and coming back with meatshieldshelpers, all of the guardians were gone. Do they only appear at certain times of day, or is this just a bug that makes going through the place easy and uneventful?

EDIT: Well, it was dedicated to the goddess of suicide, so maybe they all killed themselves.

Bug. Resting, and it seems leaving-returning removes all the guardians, but also teleports the slab to a random area (for me it was in a wall).
No !!FUN!!

This is a good question for the modding forum. You should be able to create an utterly invincible character with just a couple of tags.

It will be neat to see who the first player to legitimately defeat this new HFS will be. They're name will immortalized in the legends of the Bay12 forums for years to come. From what I have gathered, conquering all the vault guardians is truly a challenge beyond challenges. Even just killing one of these things is quite a feat.

That got me working on it. Genning a perfect world will be hard. A human/dwarven site, near a vault and near the fortress to it. +You need a vampire, because you definitely want the edge it gives. Perhaps necromancy too, raising any fallen companions or killed enemies should help a lot.

Seems like I might have just genned that world. Pocket region, without werebeasts or night trolls (some might consider this illegit, but it's just to stop 'beasts' quests from being 99 to kill night trolls/werebeasts and 1 vampire and instead only have vampires and giant animals). Plenty of necromancers, 4 vaults.

EDIT: Damn. My locally important status still won't allow me to recruit followers and there are no vampire sighting around. There are necromancer towers though. That might work.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 06:04:36 am by Wimopy »
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2014, 05:43:38 am »

Is anyone able to upload the new demon raws?  I wonder if it is possible to make custom demons that rule from spires.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2014, 11:49:23 am »

Best thing I could thing of is to make a creature with [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:5:5], the [POWER] tag, and several [SPHERE:(check acceptible spheres here)] tags. Maybe even the [MEGABEAST] and [INTELLIGENT] tags.

This would make this new creature spawn in hell and take over sites/civilizations just like other sentient demons. Unfortunately, there's no way to use the [UNIQUE_DEMON], [DEMON], and [GENERATED] tags with user-made creatures, which I suspect are the tags responsible for creating spires.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2014, 01:25:17 pm »

[POWER] seems to have been removed.

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2014, 03:50:19 pm »

Could someone post a screenshot of what to look for on the maps to find these? I looked at the wiki page (back when it was just one sentence) and unfortunately spoiled myself on what these vaults are basically about (divine beings and weird metals) to figure out what I'm even looking for. The page was no help, though.

I know ToadyOne said something a while ago about dark squares on the map, the only thing I've found so far are blank spots on the sepia world map. I know someone early on in here described it as a 3x3 square with another square inside it, but that doesn't help me at all.

So, what should I be looking for on the sepia world map (if you can ever see them there)? What about the "middle-zoom" map? I want to explore these for myself (and avoid as many additional spoilers as I can in the process) but it's kinda frustrating when I don't know where to even begin looking for them. :-\
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Northstar1989

• Bay Watcher
  • It is not death a man should fear
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2014, 04:27:58 pm »

Didn't DBay already say he did it on the end of Page 6?  He said it took him building a fort specifically to crank out Masterpiece-quality Adamantite gear, and that even then it took him a lot of save-scumming (though partly due to crashes), so maybe you don't consider that legit, but it doesn't sound like he modded his adventurer or world, at least...

Regards,
Northstar
There once was a dream that was Rome...

Dathateyo, SDQR- (for the) Senate Dwarves Quo Romanus!

Uristsonsonson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2014, 05:11:44 pm »

Has anyone tried going in as a necromancer? Zombie angels sound like good allies. :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9