Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109418 times)

Juncoph

• Bay Watcher
  • Here we have a ☼Juncoph leather backpack☼.
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.02 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #615 on: July 12, 2014, 06:38:29 am »

I've completed an insurrection.

I'll name these lands:

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 12, 2014, 08:44:01 am »

Haha, nice!

I'm experiencing some serious weirdness, with my elven companions (well, singular now, since one died) disappearing fairly frequently, only to load in again outside my vision and run towards me. O.o Makes it hard to hold a conversation for long.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

The W axis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 12, 2014, 09:05:07 am »

40.02 hasn't crashed even once! 40.01 crashed for no evident reason once an hour.
I killed several of them and it hasn't made a difference, I will try killing more to see if that fixes the problem

Beowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #618 on: July 12, 2014, 10:10:54 am »

2014 saw the new release with improved Adventure after more than two years.
that is a good turn of affairs. It is terrific! It is for the best.
Indeed.  8)

Once you rip out peoples tongues they shouldn't be able to talk.
+1

I am yet to eat my first fairy in this new version.
I hope that has not become a thing from the past (what about worms and bugs?).
warf mode exists for giving you a break from and to supply sites and stuff for Adventure mode!

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 12, 2014, 10:11:59 am »

This is kind of terrifying

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 12, 2014, 10:25:14 am »

Teach that owlman a lesson about telling lies

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 12, 2014, 10:30:25 am »

Teach that owlman a lesson about telling lies

There were about 6 of them, most of them not hostile. They died screaming under a relentless onslaught of copper toy boat attacks. 

Shortly after, my companion ran away crying after I stealthily murdered a giant louse monster, upset that I was killing innocents. I think I'm really going to miss this when the bugs are fixed.

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 12, 2014, 12:12:34 pm »

Was running around with my demigod adventurer and two companions from my hometown.  Been to various places, including raiding a tomb for some real nice bronze equipment.  Oddly, the sarcophagi in both of the two mounds in the tomb were empty, and I never saw a mummy, despite walking directly adjacent to the sarcophagi and taking items from the tomb (both actions that would rouse a mummy in previous versions). 

In the process of exploring all the lairs and camps and such I'd asked for the location of, I finally found a big old bandit camp full of goblins.  Mostly goblin wrestlers, and they're nonhostile as usual ... except that the leader is a crossbowgoblin, and IS immediately hostile, as I find out when one of my companions takes an bolt to the leg.  I start desperately sprinting towards him, blocking arrows on the way, until one gets me in the leg while I'm one square away, chipping the bone.  Scared now, because I know I'm probably going to pass out, but I check my wounds screen and it doesn't actually list any pain at all, so I'm okay, right?

Nope.  I take one more step towards the leader and immediately pass out.  I get to watch people running around for a while, and then, astonishingly, I wake up again.  Apparently the leader ran out of bolts, because his quiver is empty, and he's busy wrestling me.  I guess the combination of that, my full armor, and the fact that none of the other goblins were hostile kept me alive.  However, both of my legs, both of my hands, and one shoulder have all been ruined by wrestling, so I'm lying on the ground with my ability to stand or grasp lost and trouble breathing from one bruised lung (fortunately not two, or that blinking Mortal Wound warning would've actually meant something). 

Half crippled, in terrible pain, I wrap my remaining good arm around his throat, throttle him unconscious, and tear his throat out with my teeth.  He bleeds to death unceremoniously. 

My companions are both in the same shape as I left them, presumably because the leader was focused on me and none of the others were hostile.  One's lying on the ground with a broken leg from an earlier bolt, and the other is actually totally unharmed (in fact, I think he hammered a few of the cowering wrestlers to death while I was busy).  Conveniently (and unusually), none of the wounds any of us have taken involved nerve damage, so I grab my dropped weapons, crawl away, and then fast travel to get us back on our feet.  Then we go back and slaughter all of the pathetic sniveling wrestlers.
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 12, 2014, 12:45:41 pm »

This is the best a update a game can ever have.
Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 12, 2014, 01:46:25 pm »

I'm really happy that I can tell people now how dangerous it is to travel alone in the wilds.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Beowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 12, 2014, 02:02:11 pm »

Country lore 101 or poetic yeoman club talk, you decide: "Farmer (to Farmer): In a time before time somebody attacked somebody."

Also, human hero is human hero:
Code: [Select]
You draw the copper crossbow with your Left hand.
You draw the +bronze shield+ with your Right hand.
You: Whosoever would blight the world, preying on the helpless, fear me!  I call you a child of the night and will slay you where you stand.
Gaval Irolisman, Human Lye Maker vampire: Fool!  I've defeated many fearsome opponents!
The flying +copper bolt+ strikes The Human Lye Maker vampire in the upper body, tearing the muscle and tearing the liver through the cassowary leather robe!
The Human Lye Maker vampire jumps away from The flying +copper bolt+!
Gaval Irolisman, Human Lye Maker vampire: I must withdraw!
The Farmer scrambles out of the Human Lye Maker vampire's flight path!
The Farmer scrambles out of the Human Lye Maker vampire's flight path!
Eslo Hathurciro, Lasher: I cannot just stand by.  This might require an answer.
Gaval Irolisman, Human Lye Maker vampire: I must withdraw!
The flying +copper bolt+ strikes The Human Lye Maker vampire in the left lower leg, chipping the bone through the alpaca wool chausse!
A ligament has been torn and a tendon has been torn!
The Human Lye Maker vampire falls over.
Tuma Ronikasi, Crossbowman: This is my fight too.  This might require an answer.
The flying +copper bolt+ strikes The Human Lye Maker vampire in the upper body, tearing the muscle and chipping the right false ribs through the rope reed fiber cape!
A tendon in the right false ribs has been torn!
The Crossbowman punches The Human Lye Maker vampire in the left lower arm from behind with his right hand, bruising the muscle through the cassowary leather robe!
Gaval Irolisman, Human Lye Maker vampire: I yield!  I yield!

If this human hero would now initiate a talk with another vampire like that, it would be the pot calling the kettle black.  ;D
Too bad it was not my character who got the killing blow (travelled quite a bit for it and even stopped for the night in tree-hugger territory on the journey there! :X) on Gaval but that thief did not get to bask in "his" glory at all. :>
Now the Oracular Planet is the hero's oyster.
warf mode exists for giving you a break from and to supply sites and stuff for Adventure mode!

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 12, 2014, 04:54:04 pm »

Was running around with my demigod adventurer and two companions from my hometown.  Been to various places, including raiding a tomb for some real nice bronze equipment.  Oddly, the sarcophagi in both of the two mounds in the tomb were empty, and I never saw a mummy, despite walking directly adjacent to the sarcophagi and taking items from the tomb (both actions that would rouse a mummy in previous versions). 

In the process of exploring all the lairs and camps and such I'd asked for the location of, I finally found a big old bandit camp full of goblins.  Mostly goblin wrestlers, and they're nonhostile as usual ... except that the leader is a crossbowgoblin, and IS immediately hostile, as I find out when one of my companions takes an bolt to the leg.  I start desperately sprinting towards him, blocking arrows on the way, until one gets me in the leg while I'm one square away, chipping the bone.  Scared now, because I know I'm probably going to pass out, but I check my wounds screen and it doesn't actually list any pain at all, so I'm okay, right?

Nope.  I take one more step towards the leader and immediately pass out.  I get to watch people running around for a while, and then, astonishingly, I wake up again.  Apparently the leader ran out of bolts, because his quiver is empty, and he's busy wrestling me.  I guess the combination of that, my full armor, and the fact that none of the other goblins were hostile kept me alive.  However, both of my legs, both of my hands, and one shoulder have all been ruined by wrestling, so I'm lying on the ground with my ability to stand or grasp lost and trouble breathing from one bruised lung (fortunately not two, or that blinking Mortal Wound warning would've actually meant something). 

Half crippled, in terrible pain, I wrap my remaining good arm around his throat, throttle him unconscious, and tear his throat out with my teeth.  He bleeds to death unceremoniously. 

My companions are both in the same shape as I left them, presumably because the leader was focused on me and none of the others were hostile.  One's lying on the ground with a broken leg from an earlier bolt, and the other is actually totally unharmed (in fact, I think he hammered a few of the cowering wrestlers to death while I was busy).  Conveniently (and unusually), none of the wounds any of us have taken involved nerve damage, so I grab my dropped weapons, crawl away, and then fast travel to get us back on our feet.  Then we go back and slaughter all of the pathetic sniveling wrestlers.
Similar thing happened to me. When I woke up I had been turned into a pincushion of bolts. The crossbowman who shot at me ran out of bolts and apparently tried to beat me to death while I was unconscious, but wound up over exerting himself and passed out next to me. So I woke up and used the only weapon I had left, my teeth, to tear open every artery I could find. Managed to avoid any serious injury and walk away with a lot of cool scars

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 12, 2014, 04:56:58 pm »

so I'm stalking this outlaw to see if he's going to raid a town or something, and so far the trip passed 4 towns and I think he step over a crab.
... wait are we walking over ice now? I think the guy is walking to the frozen ocean.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 12, 2014, 07:02:52 pm »

Hydras be cheating:

"Attacking you with quickheavywildprecise bite"

You should have posted the resulting personsplosion.
Wait, so hydras actually use their mult-attacks?

I must mod in 100 headed hydras. Oh god the combat logs. Oh god the pain.
._.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 12, 2014, 07:40:56 pm »

Hydras be cheating:

"Attacking you with quickheavywildprecise bite"

You should have posted the resulting personsplosion.
Wait, so hydras actually use their mult-attacks?

I must mod in 100 headed hydras. Oh god the combat logs. Oh god the pain.

yes do it post a link to it on the dffd
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 52