Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Entity: True Luck  (Read 6414 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Entity: True Luck
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 06:35:33 pm »

I think that there are enough upvotes for an update, Playergamer.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 06:41:16 pm »

Before I write the turn, may I ask, are you using any abilities/actions that cost power?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 06:42:49 pm »

...yes? It wasn't obvious? Minor luck for the job and Get Information on friends and family relatively nearby.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2014, 07:01:05 pm »

Plus a little bonus to the potential boss' mood can't hurt.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 07:05:59 pm »

Can we even affect people who aren't our family?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2014, 07:08:23 pm »

The family quickly walked to a nearby inn, and paid for a room. The bartender seemed slightly suspicious as to how they managed to get the coppers, but, it being a relatively small amount, he didn't care too much. Gwen and Baby Andrew headed up the room, while Eugine decided to ask the bartender if there were any jobs in the surrounding area. Luckily, the bartender needed someone to help him, since his daughter had recently gotten married and left, and, even though Eugine looked a bit ragged, he felt he could trust the man. After some haggling, the two decided that Eugine would get room and board for his family, along with 1 copper a day in pay. Sadly, the bartender refused to give back the money he had already been paid. He appeared to be quite a stingy man, which may be the reason he still has an inn.

Eugine seemed very happy about this, the Entity mused as it leapt into his thoughts. Eugine and Gwen did not have any relatives alive that they knew of, and they did not know anyone in this small city they were currently in. The city of Vertbay is a relatively poor city, with the average citizen being paid a little more then Eugine, room and board included. Eugine and Gwen had not specifically moved there, but had instead... stumbled upon it, some would say. For this reason, they knew very little about the city.

Do you have any actions you would like to take? If not, the game will move forward a little faster.

Spoiler: Author's Note (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 07:41:12 pm by Playergamer »
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2014, 07:16:53 pm »

Shift the bartender's opinion by +1 up to neutral. 

We can use minor acts of luck to help Eugine in his work so he can further ingratiate himself with the bartender.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2014, 07:26:05 pm »

We can use minor acts of luck to help Eugine in his work so he can further ingratiate himself with the bartender.
+1 as what we do during a time skip.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2014, 07:28:01 pm »

+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2014, 07:39:39 pm »

+1
+1 Also: Gather Information about what food Eugine and Gwen like and GM - Fix abbreviations for the last two items in the character sheet.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2014, 07:46:07 pm »

Gotta make that barkeep super happy with the family.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2014, 09:17:56 pm »

+1
+1 Also: Gather Information about what food Eugine and Gwen like and GM - Fix abbreviations for the last two items in the character sheet.
+1
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 05:05:05 pm »

Eugine began to walk behind the counter, and the Entity decided to use his last little bit of power to help him in his new job. Eugine walked by a shelf, and noticed it beginning to fall. He quickly grabbed the shelf and righted it, before being thanked by the bartender. As he began to get to work, the Entity slipped into a sleep-like state, waiting for it's power to return. During his sleep, he gathered some information from the family. Eugine and Gwen preferred bread and cheese, but that may have just been because they rarely had a chance to eat anything else.

The Entity woke up a few days later. Eugine had been working diligently, and the bartender had decided to give Eugine a small bonus to buy his family new clothes. He was heading to the market along with Gwen and the baby, while the Entity watched from above. It sensed that something bad would happen soon, but it did not know what exactly, due to it's young age.

New Power: Push

Do you search for the cause of this feeling, or do you stay with the family?

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2014, 05:16:36 pm »

Stay with the family. If something bad is gonna happen, we need to protect them.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2014, 05:28:23 pm »

Stay with the family. If something bad is gonna happen, we need to protect them.
+1 also apply general luck to them to make them less likely to be in danger and be prepared to Push any danger off course that is falling flying etc towards The Family.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4