Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Entity: True Luck  (Read 6408 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Entity: True Luck
« on: July 05, 2014, 07:17:52 pm »

You came into existence, naught but a few days ago, still young and inexperienced. You knew you were an Entity, as the more "enlightened" mortals call them, or a Household God. You knew you had to quickly latch onto a family, to guide and protect, or you would disappear from existence. You found them in an alleyway, a young homeless couple raising a small baby. You tie yourself to them, and felt a small inkling of power flow to you. It's nothing much, but it may help you. First though, who are these "lucky" people?

Spoiler: State of the Union (click to show/hide)

You are an Entity. Entities feed off of the experiences of a single human family, and, in turn, usually help them through life in one way or another. Entities are, in a way, magic creatures, that can't be seen by the human eye. There is much more to learn, but, as of now, you know very little.

Who are these people, and what events have brought them to this state?
What are your first actions as an Entity?

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 07:27:07 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Entity: True Luck
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 07:23:55 pm »

The parent are Bob and Blossom, they were from a rural area and they love each other. But then their parent dont approve of there relation so they ran away to the city. They have a child together, who is a girl. She is call bubble.

First action would be make them feel our presence
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 09:23:02 pm »

The parents are named Eugine and Guinevere (goes by Gwen). Their new babe is named Andrew.
Make them find some money.
Make Eugine even more optimistic. After all a good attitude is the first step to success.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 10:02:24 pm »

The parents are named Eugine and Guinevere (goes by Gwen). Their new babe is named Andrew.
Make Eugine even more optimistic. After all a good attitude is the first step to success.
+1

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 10:04:44 pm »

+1
+1.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 10:20:04 pm by Kevak »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 12:25:35 pm »

The young couple looked down happily at their new son, Andrew. Even though it was not the most... miraculous birth, the poor babe looked very healthy. Suddenly, a great big smile burst onto Eugine's face, and he started happily jumping around the alleyway, like he was the luckiest man alive. After a few seconds, he tripped, and fell. Gwen, horrified, came over to check on him, and found that he was laughing, even though he was face first on the ground. He had tripped over a tiny coin purse, which contained six copper, enough for a small room at a local inn for a few days, and some food. He slowly stood up, and hugged his wife, Gwen.

You have discovered the families names. What are their major personality traits?

The family is currently planning on getting a room at a local inn, and sending Eugine to look for work. Do you want to change that, and if so, how?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 01:01:08 pm »

((How does the power system work?))

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 01:04:31 pm »

What!? A forum game based around helping people? Where's the killing? The majestic dragons carrying off children? Where are the demons bent on enslaving everything?

I'm scared to find that I'm interested in this.

Anywho,

Eugine is usually Impulsive yet Dutiful and always tries to finish things that he started. Gwen, on the other hand, is Methodical and typically values Straightforwardness. Andrew is too young to have any noticable traits yet, however Entities have a bit of a sense about this. He will grow up generally being Aggressive and Thrill-seeking, much to the chagrin of his parents, but will end up being Creative and Open-Minded, as well as being a tad Impulsive like his father.

The family will continue on with their planned actions, and Eugine will find an adequately paying job that has consistent and satisfying work. We also gather generic information about any possible friends or family they have nearby.

Oh, yeah, and what's the general setting for this game?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:36:10 pm by Worldmaster27 »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 01:27:57 pm »

The power system is based off of the quality of life and emotions of the family. Currently, you have a max power of 2, with power regenerating over time.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 02:38:23 pm »

What!? A forum game based around helping people? Where's the killing? The majestic dragons carrying off children? Where are the demons bent on enslaving everything?

Anywho,

Eugine is usually Impulsive yet Dutiful and always tries to finish things that he started. Gwen, on the other hand, is Methodical and typically values Straightforwardness. Andrew is too young to have any noticable traits yet, however Entities have a bit of a sense about this. He will grow up generally being Aggressive and Thrill-seeking, much to the chagrin of his parents, but will end up being Creative and Open-Minded, as well as being a tad Impulsive like his father.

The family will continue on with their planned actions, and Eugine will find an adequately paying job that has consistent and satisfying work. We also gather generic information about any possible friends or family they have nearby.

+1
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 05:43:03 pm »

Anywho,

+1
+1 but with Andrew having intense curiosity. Also you're missing a rather important detail: we only have to help three specific people. We may decide that having them learn demon summoning and dragon taming to be beneficial and can then go to war with some other Entities and possibly one day The Gods Themselves!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 06:17:27 pm »

I don't think we're powerful enough to just zap Eugene into having a good generic job, and we'd probably waste power trying.

They will happen to go to an inn that is hiring. The innkeeper will take a liking to them.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 06:17:56 pm »

Anywho,

+1
+1 but with Andrew having intense curiosity. Also you're missing a rather important detail: we only have to help three specific people. We may decide that having them learn demon summoning and dragon taming to be beneficial and can then go to war with some other Entities and possibly one day The Gods Themselves!
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 06:19:51 pm »

Anywho,

+1
+1
+1.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 06:34:33 pm »

This looks interesting.

Anywho,

+1
+1
+1.
+1
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4