Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away (Scum Victory)  (Read 45799 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away Day 2
« Reply #195 on: July 17, 2014, 10:18:08 am »

In response to yobbo's post: I mentioned I probably missed some questions, yes? You seem to have blatantly ignored this.
Oh i noticed.
So I see. You noticed it so much you blatantly ignored it.
Not at all.
What yobbo means here, I think, is that you mentioning that you might've missed questions does not excuse you from answering them. Furthermore, bringing up the questions you missed and calling you on it is not scummy behavior.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 17, 2014, 11:20:33 am »

In response to yobbo's post: I mentioned I probably missed some questions, yes? You seem to have blatantly ignored this.
Oh i noticed.
So I see. You noticed it so much you blatantly ignored it.
Not at all.
What yobbo means here, I think, is that you mentioning that you might've missed questions does not excuse you from answering them. Furthermore, bringing up the questions you missed and calling you on it is not scummy behavior.
Is this a question?
And by that, I mean am I supposed to respond to this or is it rhetoric?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 17, 2014, 11:50:51 am »

Votecount:

anailater:
BlitzDungeoneer: Illgeo, Scripten, yobbo
Deathsword:
Frostmoon:
Illgeo:
Scripten:
yobbo:
No Lynch:
Not Voting: anailater, BlitzDungeoneer, Deathsword, Frostmoon

Day will end at 7 pm today, approximately 9 hours from now

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 17, 2014, 11:54:55 am »

What's up? What's new? I'me fine, how are you?

Anyways, walls of text are hard to read through and keep attention. So if you're posting something very long and drawn out, especially quote pyramids, you can trim down on that in a few ways.

The ellipsis ". . ." is always very useful. Remove non-relevant portions of the quote and replace them with the ellipsis! That's one of my favorite ways of handling this sort of thing. BUT you can also spoiler long sections. If you type (spoiler=Title) you can title the spoiler to make it easier to find for future reference. Obviously you use brackets instead of parentheses but the main point is the same. I just find it a bit easier to do stuff like that. It DOES make it look less big, but you should be going for quality instead of quanity anyways.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 17, 2014, 12:06:40 pm »

So...
I'm out of the game so soon? Meh.
Before I go, I want to say;
It's been fun guys, and I can see why some enjoy it. I did I this game. I wonder if I should even post for the rest of the game... Not like it would make a difference. This post probably marks me as scummy in everybody else's minds as it is.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 17, 2014, 12:39:53 pm »

Keep in mind that this isn't the end, Blitz. If you have insight or information to give, then by all means put everything you can think of out on the table for us, like Nerjin did. I still think you are mafia, but if you want to help the town, then just go ahead and actively help us. That way, even if you turn town after being lynched, we may have a chance of catching scum later on. Remember that, if you are town, you win whether you've been killed or not.

Frostmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just your average eldritch feline. :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 17, 2014, 12:44:09 pm »

Scripten:
Frostmoon: First of all, apologies for not looking up your gender. My bad, there. As far as Illgeo goes, he is fairly scummy, but it's hard to tell with the way that BlitzDungeoneer is playing. If he [Blitz], is town, then my first target would be Illgeo, since a lot of my suspicion for Deathsword is from the way BlitzDungeoneer is acting toward him. You are right that Deathsword's most recent post does change my opinion a bit, but I am definitely keeping my FoS on him. As for Gulddom, his flip gave next to no information to me. I thought he was most likely town to begin with and I will admit that choosing him left very little trace back to scum.
Don't worry about the gender thing; I was expecting someone to slip up on it. :3 Why did you believe that Gulddom was (most likely) town before he was nightkilled?

anailater:
PFP
Frostmoon: To explain my shortness : My laptop is currently dead, and as such I've been posting from my phone, which as mentioned above really sucks, so it's quite hard to write full length posts, but I'll try to write abit more.
To explain my quietness: No one was addressing questions to me at the time so I wasn't posting much, but I have been reading, so I'm aware of the allegations towards Blitz and Deathsword.
It's fine. :3 A high suggestion, though, is to ask other people questions, even if they're generic. Anyway, I noticed that your reads didn't include Deathsword. What's your opinion on him? Does yobbo still feel at all scummy to you? Could you please explain your section on Illgeo? What do you find weird about Scripten's interactions with me?

Illgeo:
Frostmoon:Hard to say.
Blitz looks scum or very newbie town.
You and Deathswors look townish.
Hard to say about others.
Why does Blitz look like scum/newbie town? Why do I look townish? Why does Deathsword, whom certain people believe might be scum, look townish to you? Does the rest of the group fall under neutral/null?

yobbo:
Yes, when it comes to anailater all i really have against him is Nerjin's opinion, which i'm giving more weight to now that i know Nerjin was definitely town. I'm still pretty convinced by the results of my initial attack (on anailater).

As for how Scripten is directing suspicions… i don't even know. I read back over his recent posts to try to figure out what gave me that feeling, but there's nothing i can point to. It's just a really persistent feeling. I don't think it's enough to go on at all. And i think it could be just that he's trying to get people to be active by saying things like "being active is good for town", and that gives me the feeling that he's also saying "so those who aren't must be scum, hinthint". But it's true that being active is good for town, and important to say it, especially now. I feel silly even typing this all out -.-
Your initial attack on anailater? What makes you feel so confident about it's results? Also, your paragraph on Scripten is not silly. Anything-and I mean anything-that you find suspicious should be noted mentally, even if it mostly consists of gut feeling. Besides, your gut isn't the only one that seems to hate Scripten; using only that, I'd also be fingering him.

Nerjin:
Some shtuff about quoting people.
Got it. I've also seen "Snip" used in place of a full quote.

Blitz:
Well, like I said, I don't think Deathsword is scum, all things considered. Even if he hasn't posted much, his posts have a high level and quality of content, he has given valid reasons for not being able to posts, some of which I'm able to confirm, particularly the touchscreen issue. I don't have any other reads, though, mostly because I'm shit at reading people's intentions over the internet.
Thanks for the info on lurking and active-lurking, by the way.
You're welcome about the info. :3 However, why focus on Deathsword in that paragraph? How does yobbo, who you later say is scummier than anailater, compare to Deathsword?
So...
I'm out of the game so soon? Meh.
Before I go, I want to say;
It's been fun guys, and I can see why some enjoy it. I did I this game. I wonder if I should even post for the rest of the game... Not like it would make a difference. This post probably marks me as scummy in everybody else's minds as it is.
You still have quite a few more hours to prove yourself, and if I were you, I'd post. Bleh. Scripten ninja'd me. Well, if you believe that anyone's scummy or townish, post about it! Information is always useful.  Anyway, I'm happy that you enjoyed this game of mafia. :3

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 17, 2014, 12:56:41 pm »

PFP
Frostmoon:I'm focusing on Deathsword because, at the time, he was the only person I had any sort of read on.
I'm not entirely certain what you mean by 'compare' but I'll at least try to answer; Yobbo sim

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 17, 2014, 12:59:17 pm »

PFP
Frostmoon:I'm focusing on Deathsword because, at the time, he was the only person I had any sort of read on.
I'm not entirely certain what you mean by 'compare' but I'll at least try to answer; Yobbo sim
ply seems far scummier than Deathsword. I don't know why, but... he just feels scummy, ya know?
Also, fucking iPods and their randomly turning-off keyboards...

Frostmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just your average eldritch feline. :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 17, 2014, 01:01:11 pm »

PFP
I'm not entirely certain what you mean by 'compare' but I'll at least try to answer; Yobbo simply seems far scummier than Deathsword. I don't know why, but... he just feels scummy, ya know?
Also, fucking iPods and their randomly turning-off keyboards...
Ah. That's what I meant by 'compare.' So, gut feeling tells you that yobbo is scummy. Huh. Well, is there anyone else you have a read on?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 17, 2014, 01:05:10 pm »

PFP
Frostmoon: Currently, you and Scripten seem least scummy, for the same reasons I'm fairly sure that Deathsword isn't scum. That's really all the reads I have so far.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 17, 2014, 01:32:50 pm »

Blitz hardly answering questions and almost not scumhunting. I think he may be inexperienced town because it’s almost what I do.

Frostmoon is actively scumhunting. I haven’t noticed any scumtells about her. Also extension looked like townie thing.

Scripten also actively scumhunt but the way he talked about been town in previous games a lot and been scum much less seems little suspicious. It balances out. Neutral.

Anailater. Hard to say anyting. Although looks very careful with not using vote for pressure andfearing to suspy? few people at once. Mostly neutral.

Deathsword is scumhunting and… actualy it’s mostly gut feeling. Neutralish-townish.

Yobbo is activishly scumhunting. Although he seems a little harsh it’s hard to say anything. Neutralish.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 17, 2014, 02:28:19 pm »

Illgeo: It looks like almost all of your reads are neutral. Does that mean everyone is on equal footing in your eyes, or do you consider some more scummy than others?

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 17, 2014, 02:30:12 pm »

Illgeo: It looks like almost all of your reads are neutral. Does that mean everyone is on equal footing in your eyes, or do you consider some more scummy than others?
A little suspicion about you and anailater, but noting more

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 17, 2014, 02:36:17 pm »

Meh, voting on yobbo, just in case. Gut is telling me he's likely scum.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24