Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread  (Read 51608 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread
« Reply #495 on: September 16, 2014, 02:24:02 am »

'You have done well, Sarah. This was the final ritual - you are free to go now, forged anew. Much has happened while you were being trained - Kiatown stands besieged by a force of Orcs and pirate traitors. We must hurry if we are to save the city. And...'

Tulwor Storm-Breaker knew no fear... but he hesitated now. He'd put this off long enough. In another time, he'd rather simply abandon the Castle and set out to where he wished. He supposed that was not an option.

'I'm sorry, Sarah. Your daughter... there was an enemy in the Castle... it fled from me, would not face me. It went for those who could not defend themselves, instead. Your daughter was... murdered. I could not save her in time.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 16, 2014, 12:18:48 pm »

"Really?" Pyrite asked, pleasantly surprised. "Who's your sire? We're the spawn of Black Carapace, great scorpion of the border between Bellian and Barbarian lands."

His eyes narrowed.

"...and what are you doing in Auratus' room? He didn't finally gain some appetites, did he?"

"My sire is Haze, Merchant of Kiatown, but the parent I suspect you are intrested in dwells below his estate and carries no name that is easily pronounceable by Bellian lips." The woman offers you her hand, "I, however, am called Linda."

She chuckles when the hedonist scholar asks his second question. "I'm afraid its nothing of that sort; Auratus has, in fact, forbidden me from perusing such appetites for the time being. He has struck some sort of bargin with my mother, and is training me to be a priestess." 

'You have done well, Sarah. This was the final ritual - you are free to go now, forged anew. Much has happened while you were being trained - Kiatown stands besieged by a force of Orcs and pirate traitors. We must hurry if we are to save the city. And...'

Tulwor Storm-Breaker knew no fear... but he hesitated now. He'd put this off long enough. In another time, he'd rather simply abandon the Castle and set out to where he wished. He supposed that was not an option.

'I'm sorry, Sarah. Your daughter... there was an enemy in the Castle... it fled from me, would not face me. It went for those who could not defend themselves, instead. Your daughter was... murdered. I could not save her in time.'

Sarah falls to her knees at the revelation, and tears begin to flow. You can tell however that the Crucible had hardened her, as the tears seem to be brought about more by rage and determination than sorrow. After a few minutes she manages to regain control of herself. "I await your orders lord. It would seem we have people to save and avenge." She states coldly.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 16, 2014, 02:14:55 pm »

She grimaces when you describe her eventual task. "I am unsure if I could judge all the residents of Kiatown fairly. As you mentioned earlier, there are those who despise me on account of my heritage, in spite of the veil, it isn't exactly a well kept secret in town that there is something less-than-Bellian about me and my sibblings. I have accrued quite a few grudges I'm afraid, and would be biased against a good number of the people there... I've never been shy about starting feuds."

Smiling amiably, the dragon shook his head. " There is justice to be had in revenge. What kind of god were I, would those that serve me directly be an exception to my teachings and blessings? As I told you before, should you succeed in your task, you will have a modest amount of power, and will be free to pursue any grudges that you might hold. Still, be aware that it must be in your own name, and shall not bring damage to me nor my interests and intentions. Obviously the revenge you choose needs to be justified as well – bringing serious harm or even death upon one whose only misdeed was insulting your honour with words, would be an offence on your part. There is also no reason to judge all of Kiatown, as they already have their own share of mortals doing just that. You will get to work where their laws fall short, or when they are abused. Well, as soon as you study draconic law, the fitting responses should come to you easily enough. "

"Really?" Pyrite asked, pleasantly surprised. "Who's your sire? We're the spawn of Black Carapace, great scorpion of the border between Bellian and Barbarian lands."

His eyes narrowed.

"...and what are you doing in Auratus' room? He didn't finally gain some appetites, did he?"

Having given a derisive snort at Pyrites presumption, the dragon chimed in after the girl had spoken. " It is as she has told you. True enough, if she were to be a priestess to you, such an accusation might hold worth, but else, do me the favour of sparing me your musings. I think we already covered where my tastes would lie previously, now didn't we? "

Gesturing his two guests towards some seats – none of which were levelled above the throne – Auratus sunk into his own chair. " While I had a good talk with her mother, I think any further questions you might have would be better suited to her daughter. Just let me excuse Linda in advance, as she is yet woefully undereducated about current matters of divine nature. Well, not that I would think you to hold her accountable for anything that might arise from that, but still. "

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 16, 2014, 03:05:16 pm »

"And I am Pyrite," he said, taking Linda's hand. He let Veilia introduce herself before sitting at the dragon's invitation.

"So," he began, chuckling in Auratus' direction, "You get a distant cousin of mine, make her your priestess, and then tell her she has to be celibate to boot. Is this about that card game?

And did we cover your tastes?"
he continued, sounding like he was genuinely trying to remember. "I just remember you not being fond of the whole affair."

He turned a less-amused smile back to Linda.

"So! What are your parents like? Black Carapace is a great scorpion, and mostly hunts Barbarians and, when he can manage, Bellians for food and pleasure. My mother is Telen, Bellian Goddess of Knowledge, while Veilia here descends from Multia, Bellian Goddess of Misfits and Outcasts. Black Carapace is a rather loving parent, while Telen's a bit distant and Multia's... fun but schemey, from what I've seen."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 16, 2014, 04:12:21 pm »

"So," he began, chuckling in Auratus' direction, "You get a distant cousin of mine, make her your priestess, and then tell her she has to be celibate to boot. Is this about that card game?

"Its for the best." You sister answers matter-o-factly. "I'm going to have enough messes to clean up when you start bringing dates home."

"So! What are your parents like? Black Carapace is a great scorpion, and mostly hunts Barbarians and, when he can manage, Bellians for food and pleasure. My mother is Telen, Bellian Goddess of Knowledge, while Veilia here descends from Multia, Bellian Goddess of Misfits and Outcasts. Black Carapace is a rather loving parent, while Telen's a bit distant and Multia's... fun but schemey, from what I've seen."

The Priestess to be offers a chuckle to that. "My father is loving as well; The sort that spoils his daughters rotten. Mom is a bit more reserved; She was disfigured and brutally injured in some event that occurred before my birth, so she lacks the motor function to hunt or the confidence to show her face under most circumstances. She usually sits in her den and waits for food and amusement to be delivered."

Perhaps observing that her assessment of her mother may have come off sounding a bit harsh, Linda quickly  adds an addendum: "She still takes care of my siblings and I when dad is away though, as he is often. She can tell a good story, and make some fine silk clothes for us."

She grimaces when you describe her eventual task. "I am unsure if I could judge all the residents of Kiatown fairly. As you mentioned earlier, there are those who despise me on account of my heritage, in spite of the veil, it isn't exactly a well kept secret in town that there is something less-than-Bellian about me and my sibblings. I have accrued quite a few grudges I'm afraid, and would be biased against a good number of the people there... I've never been shy about starting feuds."

Smiling amiably, the dragon shook his head. " There is justice to be had in revenge. What kind of god were I, would those that serve me directly be an exception to my teachings and blessings? As I told you before, should you succeed in your task, you will have a modest amount of power, and will be free to pursue any grudges that you might hold. Still, be aware that it must be in your own name, and shall not bring damage to me nor my interests and intentions. Obviously the revenge you choose needs to be justified as well – bringing serious harm or even death upon one whose only misdeed was insulting your honour with words, would be an offence on your part. There is also no reason to judge all of Kiatown, as they already have their own share of mortals doing just that. You will get to work where their laws fall short, or when they are abused. Well, as soon as you study draconic law, the fitting responses should come to you easily enough. "

Linda offers a shrug, and then a weak smile, "Well, Hopefully I'll find something inspirational or guiding within whatever tomes of Draconic law you might find for me... But I appreciate your understanding Lord."

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 16, 2014, 04:14:53 pm »

Unamused by the gods banter, his host replied. " Hah! If one looks at the recent happenings, I dare say that I might even have come out the winner in that one! If by chance or ill design of their curse itself, you already seem to be affected by it – and all of Kiatown alongside. No, the matter is simply that she is here to study, and the order just a precaution that it stays that way. After she is properly initiated, I do not plan to keep her from pursuing any affairs that she might like, be they romantic or political in nature. " Obviously it would be another matter if she would dare to lay with one of House Skullcrest. If that were to pass, he would do more than strip her of her priesthood. That Auratus also had given that order, as to not let her become a plaything of her kin's lust, was also a reason, but he left both matters unsaid.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 16, 2014, 04:40:31 pm »

"Its for the best." You sister answers matter-o-factly. "I'm going to have enough messes to clean up when you start bringing dates home."
"Heh, true. Um..."

He pursed his lips for a moment, considering whether to continue.

"Byyyyyy the way, I seem to have been tainted by a Horizon Being to bear Horizon-tainted spawn and be susceptible to occasional control. So if I start acting strangely or bringing home a lot of odd-looking children, it'll probably be that and not just me being me."

He cleared his throat. "Just... thought you should know."

The Priestess to be offers a chuckle to that. "My father is loving as well; The sort that spoils his daughters rotten. Mom is a bit more reserved; She was disfigured and brutally injured in some event that occurred before my birth, so she lacks the motor function to hunt or the confidence to show her face under most circumstances. She usually sits in her den and waits for food and amusement to be delivered."

Perhaps observing that her assessment of her mother may have come off sounding a bit harsh, Linda quickly  adds an addendum: "She still takes care of my siblings and I when dad is away though, as he is often. She can tell a good story, and make some fine silk clothes for us."
Pyrite offered a concerned frown. "Has she tried seeking healing? There aren't many good healers on the island, but I'm well-versed in anatomy and a god. If I wasn't so busy... or if she was willing to pit her might against the Orcish siege, I could probably help."

Unamused by the gods banter, his host replied. " Hah! If one looks at the recent happenings, I dare say that I might even have come out the winner in that one! If by chance or ill design of their curse itself, you already seem to be affected by it – and all of Kiatown alongside. No, the matter is simply that she is here to study, and the order just a precaution that it stays that way. After she is properly initiated, I do not plan to keep her from pursuing any affairs that she might like, be they romantic or political in nature. " Obviously it would be another matter if she would dare to lay with one of House Skullcrest. If that were to pass, he would do more than strip her of her priesthood. That Auratus also had given that order, as to not let her become a plaything of her kin's lust, was also a reason, but he left both matters unsaid.
"Heh. Fair enough. Curious that you'd find her in the first place, though; I take it this had something to do with trying to get revenge on Haze?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 17, 2014, 12:06:36 am »

"Heh. Fair enough. Curious that you'd find her in the first place, though; I take it this had something to do with trying to get revenge on Haze?"

Raising an eyebrow at the gods comment, he answered the query. " I would not know about me getting revenge on him. However, if you are talking about the matter of him burning down another man's fields, then I would have indeed settled that matter by having him repay the damage, and it was over the course of doing this that I happened upon your kin. Still, hearing you speak one could be led to believe you already knew of their existance here? "

"Heh, true. Um..."

He pursed his lips for a moment, considering whether to continue.

"Byyyyyy the way, I seem to have been tainted by a Horizon Being to bear Horizon-tainted spawn and be susceptible to occasional control. So if I start acting strangely or bringing home a lot of odd-looking children, it'll probably be that and not just me being me."

He cleared his throat. "Just... thought you should know."

" So... you thought we should know? " Auratus heaved a small sigh at Pyrite's tiresome antics, but decided to ask for further details. And to give unsollicited advice. " Maybe you should consider cutting your ties with House Infelix, for as things stand right now, their bad luck truly seems to have befallen you. Still, horizon creatures managed to taint you? Elaborate in detail, now would you? "

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 17, 2014, 12:33:20 am »

Raising an eyebrow at the gods comment, he answered the query. " I would not know about me getting revenge on him. However, if you are talking about the matter of him burning down another man's fields, then I would have indeed settled that matter by having him repay the damage, and it was over the course of doing this that I happened upon your kin. Still, hearing you speak one could be led to believe you already knew of their existance here? "
"Sadly not. She just mentioned that her father was Haze, and I knew that prayer was likely of interest to you. Seemed an unlikely coincidence to stumble across her without in some way being involved with him."

" So... you thought we should know? " Auratus heaved a small sigh at Pyrite's tiresome antics, but decided to ask for further details. And to give unsollicited advice. " Maybe you should consider cutting your ties with House Infelix, for as things stand right now, their bad luck truly seems to have befallen you. Still, horizon creatures managed to taint you? Elaborate in detail, now would you? "
"Mmf. I'd rather find a way to fix it than abandon it, if it came to that. Besides, they have their share of good fortune too. Have I told you about Henry? Only six, and already studying Horizon Beings. Rather conveniently, as it turns out, but even that aside, quite remarkable.

As for how it happened, I was ambushed near the river while in the jungle. Hard to sense, but definitely real. Couldn't shake it, woke up a few days later altered and hearing it discussing things with its master. Apparently they're attempting to taint mortal creatures with Horizon Ichor, supposedly to 'ascend' them. This particular Being thought I'd be more useful as a nuanced ally than a simple breeder, so it tainted my thoughts and seed, left a backdoor for control, and installed a one-way communication path so I could hear it when it wanted me to.

Not a great start to an alliance, but I don't know enough about them to know I want nothing to do with them. I imagine it's nothing I can't reverse with sufficient effort and knowledge, but I can't afford that right now, might not know enough about Horizon Beings to affect it, and don't want to anger it. Apparently it's on its last appendages with its master, so trying to outright thwart it could get messy and desperate."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 17, 2014, 05:54:50 am »

So if tainting creatures... might be threat. More enemies. Ketari-in-many let loose a caw of irritation. Nothing had really gone right since arriving at this island, had it?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 17, 2014, 05:27:49 pm »

"Acute observation. I'd assume they'd tear me into bits if I let every mortal into our humble home...but I don't intend to do that I think. It would not be difficult to disable the connection between here and Newbellium; I actually plan to do so once I create another Gate elsewhere."

Taking another sip, he continued. "Which pirate lord exactly does your friend serve if you don't mind me asking?"

"She shares her bed with Beatulus Vox, one of the pirate lords out of the Powder Port of Redveil. The pirate himself isn't the most agreeable sort, per say, but he maintains a handful of women in town, and wouldn't be likely to spend more than a handful of nights at a time at my friends house."

He chuckles, "Worst come to worst, she can just lie about the nature of the gate. Or explain that it wont work for him. I doubt he'd want anything to do with a Bellian god anyway."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 18, 2014, 06:33:57 am »

"Hopefully...although I might as well as be cautious in this matter..."

Ending the discussion over the gate, Ketemos spent a while in the company of the elementalist, before hammering out the deal and leaving for Newbellium with the intent of making a small adjustment to the Nexus Gates.

1 Miracle (from this turn and only if applicable): modify Nexus Gates to only be useuable by those who would obey Ketemos' values or those who have express permission to use them.
1 Miracle: Put into bank

---
Next Turn

2 Miracles: Enchant a room within the Hidden Hall to draw out the information present in the whole collection of the Hall. Anyone who stays in the room will slowly absorb knowledge overtime. Ketemos can determine what kind of knowledge is given to the aspiring learner.
1 Miracle: Create the Clown's Eye. Any projectiles that comes into contact with the Eye will cause those struck with them to be 'gifted' with a large number of  extremely trivial facts that should cause confusion for a time. Each projectile only lasts until it touches any form of liquid.
1 Interaction: Head to Kiatown and bless every member of the soldiery with the Shifter's Eye and projectiles with the Clown's Eye .
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:39:54 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 18, 2014, 01:40:39 pm »

((Interaction: pick up Sarrani the rat from Kiatown, hopefully avoid ing attention as a bird flock.
2 Miracles: bond Sarrani into a new wooden combat golem made from barkers for extra power.))
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 21, 2014, 07:08:58 am »

Tulwor felt... relieved. And pleased. He'd unleashed his wrath on the battlefield, but so long as his kin remained taken and their forces besieged, the fires of vengeance would simmer only just beneath the surface. 'Indeed,' he said. 'Prepare yourself and do what you must. I will take you to Kiatown soon.'

---

With that, he marched off and found his way into the throne room. He'd put off acting for long enough.

'Let us hope this meeting will yield more of use than the last in defeating these blasted Orcs,' Tulwor said as he strode in. He felt much the same as then, the same mix of near-helplessness and frustrated anger at not being simply able to hammer their problems away. 'I will have Wild Red's head. Now that that is established, what are we to do? I intend to go to Volcano, to speak with Malcome of Skullcrest and enlist his House's aid. Otherwise, I will do what I can to lift the siege - raise a storm to sink those damned pirates, perhaps, or crack open the earth under the Orcs' feet. I am done with half-measures. What say you?'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 21, 2014, 08:22:25 am »

" What I say? " The dragon laughed scornfully before replying in a burst of anger. " Should any of you, of all the possible houses, enlist the help of vile House Skullcrest, you could not insult me more! But, no matter, for their help would come far too late either way! They won't be here before three months have passed, and by that time, Kiatown's walls will have long since fallen – by your own machinations to boot! That, is what I say. "

Having spit his venom, Auratus paused to let it sink in. He would not have any more mortals of this vile house on this island, nor them gaining more influence. Then again, he knew that they should have been raided recently – he doubted they would be able to muster a worthwhile number of troops afterwards, especially with resented Duncan Skullcrest allegedly campaigning elsewhere. After calming himself with such thoughts, he spoke to the giant anew. " We might not want to harm the orcs ourselves, as their masters then won't harm our mortals either, but laying waste to what once was yours is another matter. Come with me and Pyrite if you want a shot at Wild Red's head, but I would also suggest that you either gift the mortals of Kiatown the means to destroy your siege equipment, or smite it yourself. As things stand, I doubt they could hold out long enough for any help from the mainlands to arrive. "
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39