Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795] 796 797 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1566036 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 11000 laughs, somehow
« Reply #11910 on: July 03, 2021, 04:55:42 am »

Oh. ooooooooooooh. Thats why the movie is called trainspotting.
let

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11911 on: July 06, 2021, 12:24:16 pm »

Lots of smoker's mathematics

Have you considered buying loose tobacco and hand rolling your own? It usually costs about the same, the tobacco is in my experience of (somewhat) better quality and they don't burn up as fast as premade cigarettes when you aren't actively smoking them.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 12:31:13 pm by Ulfarr »
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11912 on: July 10, 2021, 07:10:52 pm »

Quote from: Legendary Farmer, chapter 74
Rouge scraped guts off her shirt and slung the gooey clump aside. A small, sad voice entered her mind. ::That was really, really gross.::

The elf girl gasped and reached up to her collar, stroking the slimy, miserable little bat where she clung to her hair. ::Oh my gosh, Silus! Are you all right?::

Silus’ squeaky little voice was filled with absolute misery. ::There are intestines in my eyes.::
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #11913 on: July 10, 2021, 07:39:20 pm »

H.Y.C.Y.BH?
I'll be murmuring ♫ski-bap ba-dap♪ for a few days.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11915 on: July 14, 2021, 06:18:55 am »

Shouting "Freedom" and other anti-government slogans, hundreds of Cubans took to the streets...
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11916 on: July 14, 2021, 05:29:59 pm »

Ah, poorly-drawn Office Space with Ayn Rand.

https://www.existentialcomics.com/comic/136

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #11917 on: July 15, 2021, 05:40:32 am »

I mean, humourous, but overly simplified.

The implication is that owners don't have a right to the workers' product, and that they're worthless. Even if we do assume that owners do zero work (such as accumulate start-up capital, secure deals, provide organisation and leadership, high-level administration and, indeed, provide a face for the otherwise anonymous working machine) then that implication doesn't challenge owners so much as the right to ownership.

Which, obviously, 'cause communism. But that's probably the most contentious facet of communism for everyone, high to low. The CEO doesn't want to give up his McMansion, Fred down the street doesn't want to lose inheritance rights to his childhood home.

Of course, it's just a comic strip, so I'm over-thinking it - but it's definitely a strip which tends to try to hammer home points too  ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 05:48:18 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11918 on: July 15, 2021, 06:12:58 am »

Neither the Party Leader, nor the CEO, nor the the King wish to give up their Mansion.  Even should The Mansion be given over to The People, one person is going to either be appointed by some entity to control The Mansion through mysterious means, or one person will somehow seize control of The Mansion.

Once could argue against Mansions in general.  But what fun is toiling all your life without even the possibility to own Your Own Mansion?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11919 on: July 17, 2021, 12:19:19 pm »

I got hustled again, 1 euro for badly drawn tulips. I wonder who put the neighbours kid up to this  :D.
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11920 on: July 17, 2021, 01:37:41 pm »

Neither the Party Leader, nor the CEO, nor the the King wish to give up their Mansion.  Even should The Mansion be given over to The People, one person is going to either be appointed by some entity to control The Mansion through mysterious means, or one person will somehow seize control of The Mansion.

Once could argue against Mansions in general.  But what fun is toiling all your life without even the possibility to own Your Own Mansion?
Being an old man in an empty mansion sounds pretty fucking terrible. I'd rather be a young man in a fuck huge castle I can't escape, because if I'm going to spend what few days I have left in a prison of my own making, I'd prefer at least for it to be appropriately gothic and sublime

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11921 on: July 17, 2021, 01:39:15 pm »

I remember in some history classes learning that enemy forces would get lost in the labyrinthine halls of fortresses

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11922 on: July 17, 2021, 01:53:25 pm »

I remember in some history classes learning that enemy forces would get lost in the labyrinthine halls of fortresses
It is well known that the Theodosian Walls held for so long by causing so many pathing errors the enemy's forces suffered FPS death and were forced to retreat before the next work day started at 6:00 A.M.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11923 on: July 18, 2021, 05:37:14 pm »

It was a design, used a lot in Japan and I guess in other places too. Fortifications with confusing layout were invaders would be trapped and/or channeled towards traps to be easily disposed off.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11924 on: July 18, 2021, 06:56:51 pm »

It was a design, used a lot in Japan and I guess in other places too. Fortifications with confusing layout were invaders would be trapped and/or channeled towards traps to be easily disposed off.
just now I noticed we’re talking about death maze fortresses in the laughing thread of all places. This place is amazing!
Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795] 796 797 ... 879