Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 882

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when l change the title  (Read 1772489 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 11000 laughs, somehow
« Reply #11895 on: June 18, 2021, 04:20:23 pm »

Quote from: mark of the fool, chapter 34
“Good luck with that.” Khalik finished swallowing a chunk of meat. “I was told the chefs guard their recipes more carefully than the books are guarded in the library. I am glad it is to your liking, though.”

“How couldn’t it be?” Theresa cut another piece of steak. “Do kings eat like this? This is how I imagine kings eat.”

Khalik merely smiled.

“But,” she continued. “Is this okay? I saw those prices. They’re not cheap.”

“Please, do not worry for that.” The young man shrugged as though it were of no concern. “When we finish eating, we shall simply get up and run for the door. They cannot catch all of us.”
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11896 on: June 18, 2021, 05:24:52 pm »

My kid, which always play as the villian on his games, insists that we should move near or inside a volcano. And that he will once he grows up.

He was also thrilled when certain cartoon villain stole the moon and suggested we should do it but for real....

Should I worry? Hahahaha

Volcano and Moon base villains are always the ones swimming in wealth. So..... no, I don't see a downside here for you at all, actually.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11897 on: June 18, 2021, 06:28:28 pm »

Quote from: mark of the fool, chapter 34
“Good luck with that.” Khalik finished swallowing a chunk of meat. “I was told the chefs guard their recipes more carefully than the books are guarded in the library. I am glad it is to your liking, though.”

“How couldn’t it be?” Theresa cut another piece of steak. “Do kings eat like this? This is how I imagine kings eat.”

Khalik merely smiled.

“But,” she continued. “Is this okay? I saw those prices. They’re not cheap.”

“Please, do not worry for that.” The young man shrugged as though it were of no concern. “When we finish eating, we shall simply get up and run for the door. They cannot catch all of us.”

Khalik's foolishness here is letting Theresa in on the plan.  It is like how you don't have to outrun a bear, just the other person fleeing the bear.
Theresa's foolishness here is not excusing herself, then ducking out while Khalik further gouges himself.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11898 on: June 18, 2021, 11:07:09 pm »

insists that we should move near or inside a volcano. And that he will once he grows up.

I also believed this at some point when I was younger than 6 years old
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11899 on: June 19, 2021, 05:59:11 am »

Well ircc aren't you pretty close to Yellowstone
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11900 on: June 19, 2021, 04:30:25 pm »

This was back when I was in Los Angeles :V

But to be fair, i thought I would also grow up to six feet tall and my eyes would change color from brown to green. And that I would drive a green VW bug. None of these have come true ...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11901 on: June 19, 2021, 06:21:48 pm »

I mean... platform shoes/stilts, cosmetic contact lenses. You still have time to make truth as it pleased tinier you :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11902 on: July 02, 2021, 12:56:28 pm »

Facebook's sponsored post recommendations was generous today and decided to bless me with a significant helping of nightmare fuel.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now cursed by the searing enigma laired in the fevered recesses of my fast-fading rational mind, I was compelled by dark urges to look deeper into the flame of this newfound knowledge.

What looked back at me was not kind.

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11903 on: July 02, 2021, 01:45:39 pm »

I asked for two-hundred dollars a few weeks ago and my Dad's paying me twenty-five to mow the grass while it's wet.

I mean, yeah.

I can't afford my smoking habit.  I got these unfiltered cigarettes.

You get more for your buck.  But they burn like hell.

And yeah, I thought that funny.  I wanted the weather to get better so I could mow the lawn, but I can't stop and start that thing forty times a day until the engine burns out.

::)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11904 on: July 02, 2021, 02:01:58 pm »

I asked for two-hundred dollars a few weeks ago and my Dad's paying me twenty-five to mow the grass while it's wet.

The more it rains, the more it grows.  You'll earn your $200 in no time!
...I hope its a small lawn.

Tell your dad that you're smoking unfiltered, but you'd gladly upgrade to filtered for $5 a week.  Maybe his desire for your self-preservation might mean something.
Unfiltered sucks, and you're only going to get more used to them and suffer more harm from them as time goes on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11905 on: July 02, 2021, 02:24:28 pm »

Facebook's sponsored post recommendations was generous today and decided to bless me with a significant helping of nightmare fuel.

Now cursed by the searing enigma laired in the fevered recesses of my fast-fading rational mind, I was compelled by dark urges to look deeper into the flame of this newfound knowledge.

What looked back at me was not kind.
Does this look like the face of mercy?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11906 on: July 02, 2021, 04:47:11 pm »

The mercy of the sweet release of death, maybe.
Ask not!
Ask!

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11907 on: July 02, 2021, 04:56:15 pm »

The more it rains, the more it grows.  You'll earn your $200 in no time!
...I hope its a small lawn.

Tell your dad that you're smoking unfiltered, but you'd gladly upgrade to filtered for $5 a week.  Maybe his desire for your self-preservation might mean something.
Unfiltered sucks, and you're only going to get more used to them and suffer more harm from them as time goes on.

It would take me about 210 dollars a month to fuel my smoking habit with Marlboro, but it would only take 150 with 305s, which, by the way, taste bad.  Realistically, if I make money every 1.5 weeks, I'll make (4.3/1.5)*25, or approximately 70 bucks, though realistically it comes out to about 60 over the summer months.

So if I make 60 a year, that means I'm smoking about a third of the cigarettes I'd normally be smoking, or a little less than half my desired number of cigarettes, should I be buying 305s.

If I buy unfiltered, I can get more tobacco.  There is about 25 mm of filter on a filtered cigarette, so that's about 18 mm of tobacco I can smoke should I get unfiltereds.  A marlboro light is about 75mm of tobacco, so I could be smoking about 18mm more, which means I'd be smoking about 19% more tobacco, making the cigarette habit approximately 20% cheaper.  Which means my smoking habit effectively goes from 150-210 dollars a month to 120-175 dollars.

So 200 dollars is completely reasonable.

On a sidenote, I don't really have nightmares anymore; haven't since Trump left office.  I just have dreams about being cucked in Black Isle's isometric game engine that was used for Baldur's Gate EE.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11908 on: July 02, 2021, 09:07:33 pm »

What if... you don't smoke. It will be far cheaper, not only directly but also indirectly.

Also is funny you smoke more than what I feed my family with hahahahhahaha....it's crazy.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 07:41:11 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11909 on: July 03, 2021, 02:40:49 am »

I wonder what's so important about H?

Also I've found that human faces on vehicles is always creepy.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 882