Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1565723 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 7630 laugfs and counting
« Reply #7515 on: June 12, 2017, 07:53:29 am »

There's also a long list of ones offering sex with Slavic ladies. As well as ones for sex with Asian women. And ones for hot tubs. And even one for free samples of KFC. It'd be one hell of a party if I could combine all four email offers into one...
Makes me suddenly wonder. How about minors that have a Gmail account that gets spammed with sex ads? Can't Google be sued for sexual harrasment of children / solliciting child prostitution for that?
No.  CDA 230.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: June 12, 2017, 09:11:26 am »

In Metal Gear Solid V, guards can have conversations with each other.

I heard one where two guards commented on the racism within the African PFs, and how the white CFA soldiers have Apartheid "in their blood." One soldier then noted in spite of the backdrop of Apartheid, some of the white CFA soldiers still treated them (presumably the black ones) as brothers-in-arms.

The soldier who said that line was white. The other one was black.

Then Quiet shot a nearby guard with a tranq rifle, popping off his helmet, interrupting their little bonding moment.

EDIT: Made better by the fact that these were actually Rogue Coyote Soldiers, who aren't with the CFA.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 09:16:34 am by AzyWng »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: June 14, 2017, 04:54:50 pm »

This scene has so much burn in it that it's a perfect metaphor for Rose's cooking.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: June 15, 2017, 08:17:23 am »

Australia's Labour and Green parties just passed a law allowing terminally ill patients to import medicinal cannibas. The conservative health minister however opposes it because

that it is a potential risk not just to health, but to lives

I think ... terminally ill patients who voluntarily take medical marijuana are going to be willing to take their chances with some pot and not worry too much about whether pot's bad for you.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:21:53 am by Reelya »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: June 15, 2017, 09:49:52 am »

I saw something on iFunny about a politician claiming 57 million Americans will die from gun violence each night.

A brief Google search says that the American population is 321.4 million (as of 2015).

A comment on the post claimed that it took prompting before the politician corrected himself.

Amazing in a morbid sort of way, really.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: June 15, 2017, 10:16:24 am »

Australia's Labour and Green parties just passed a law allowing terminally ill patients to import medicinal cannibas. The conservative health minister however opposes it because

that it is a potential risk not just to health, but to lives

I think ... terminally ill patients who voluntarily take medical marijuana are going to be willing to take their chances with some pot and not worry too much about whether pot's bad for you.
With Australia's efforts to keep out non-indigenous species, you can at least be sure that you get weed without foul-burning headache inducing seeds.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: June 15, 2017, 10:48:29 am »

"New interface that allows faster transactions", they say.
"Froze after 20 seconds of using it", I say.
It's a miracle how France both has awesome trains and a hilariously flawed system to go with them.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: June 15, 2017, 11:00:47 am »

"New interface that allows faster transactions", they say.
"Froze after 20 seconds of using it", I say.
It's a miracle how France both has awesome trains and a hilariously flawed system to go with them.

Just about everything new (or "new", for that matter) has its kinks, no matter what people say about it. I mean, early cars apparently had difficulty just going up steep hills (though I guess that's not the biggest surprise considering the quality of wheels and engines back then), and look at us now.

Though we have gone from landing men on the moon to not being able to land men on the moon...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: June 15, 2017, 12:18:44 pm »

Oh, im sure we could, but nobody want to pay for it, or take the blame if something goes wrong
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: June 15, 2017, 12:43:13 pm »

Oh, im sure we could, but nobody want to pay for it, or take the blame if something goes wrong
Precisely what I mean - we no longer seem to have the ambition - which I count as being part of ability.
Anyway...
Lakitouille's videos can be pretty hilarious.

EDIT: I forgot the grammar amidst the three Youtube links. It should be fixed now.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:11:05 pm by AzyWng »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: June 15, 2017, 12:44:57 pm »

Well, it's like SpaceX vs NASA. SpaceX believes in cutting corners for other advantages. NASA believes in safety first.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: June 15, 2017, 12:46:31 pm »

SNCF believes in putting displays in just the right spot for the sunlight to make them unreadable :P
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: June 19, 2017, 12:09:13 am »

A mod I installed for MGSV: TPP added a side-op in the Lufwa Valley Mansion.

The side-op flavor text mentioned an immensely dangerous technology that must be captured or destroyed.

I died several times trying to get the tech. I finally cleaned the place out, and I then noticed something in the middle of a room.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I picked it up.

Side-Op complete.

Morbidslinky (the creator of  the mod) tricked me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: June 19, 2017, 06:01:07 pm »

In-depth, long-winded theological discussions in the Youtube comments on occult-themed psychedelic rock/doom videos.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: June 19, 2017, 08:10:53 pm »

In-depth, long-winded theological discussions in the Youtube comments on occult-themed psychedelic rock/doom videos.   
Have you seen the purely random politics rants that have nothing to do with the video?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 879