Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1566033 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 5993 lauhgs and counting
« Reply #6120 on: July 27, 2016, 06:57:24 pm »

I mean it's literally combining Hollywood-logic everything with Law & Order's excessively dubious grasp of criminal law and law enforcement work, then piling on a bunch of RAPE PEDOPHILIA RAPE PSYCHOPATHS AND MORE RAPE ISN'T THAT BAD YEAH YOU LIKE THAT RAPE DON'T YOU, YOU LIKE IT SO BAD BUT WE'LL ALL PRETEND TO BE HORRIFIED AT THE USE OF RAPE AND PEDOPHILIA FOR CHEAP THRILLS-

Seriously though, people who unironically enjoy it have something severely wrong with them. Law & Order in general is shit, but I can understand middle-aged and elderly people with sad, empty lives watching it for the same reason that I can understand them reading the ten thousand different James Patterson novels.

I'unno, maybe I'm biased because I spent two years in undergrad dorms hearing some jackass on the other side of the wall jerk off to it every goddamn night. I wish I was joking. Couldn't even bring myself to confront him about it, because how the hell do you start that conversation?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: July 27, 2016, 07:03:28 pm »

Law & Order isn't shit in general, the problem is Speed Weed (the name of a real person who really exists), who is the Matt Ward of Law & Order.

As bad as Go Home Gamer Girl is, there are episodes as good as that is bad. The package delivery serial rapist/killer comes to mind, that was some Se7en-tier depravity for daytime television.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: July 27, 2016, 07:05:57 pm »

because how the hell do you start that conversation?
With a taser in your back pocket?

Law & Order isn't shit in general, the problem is Speed Weed (the name of a real person who really exists), who is the Matt Ward of Law & Order.
Matt Ward is awful, but not THAT bad.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: July 27, 2016, 07:07:39 pm »

Yes, yes he is. We're talking about the guy who lowkey wrote his gore and abuse fetish towards the SoBs into 40k canon.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: July 27, 2016, 07:10:48 pm »

Speed Weed (the name of a real person who really exists)
Please tell me this is just a pen name.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: July 27, 2016, 07:11:28 pm »

Yes, yes he is. We're talking about the guy who lowkey wrote his gore and abuse fetish towards the SoBs into 40k canon.
Wait, what?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: July 27, 2016, 07:17:46 pm »

Please tell me this is just a pen name.
There's no proof that it isn't!
Wait, what?
The Khornate Knights incident is of course the most prolific example, but pretty much every single time Ward wrote SoBs it ended with them being slaughtered, gratuitous emphasis on that slaughter part. I think there was one where they ended up Slanneshi slaves instead.

Even most factions that aren't the glorious Ultramarines or super sekrit Grey Knights don't get it that bad.

It's a subtle thing, but I'm far from the only person to look at the way he writes about Sororitas dying and start to suspect it was done one-handed.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: July 27, 2016, 08:30:52 pm »

I was going to say, Ward's hitjob on the SoB is not exactly what I'd describe as low-key.

Don't get me wrong, pretty much everything he does is shit, but that went beyond the pale and is well into Magical Realm territory.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: July 27, 2016, 09:12:27 pm »

I was going to say, Ward's hitjob on the SoB is not exactly what I'd describe as low-key.

Don't get me wrong, pretty much everything he does is shit, but that went beyond the pale and is well into Magical Realm territory.
Well, there was Trazyn the Infinite. Though that may have been a fluke.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: July 28, 2016, 02:47:29 am »

so i got into a conversation pertaining to Havel the Rock with a friend

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We decided to call it a day after that, the maddening extent of Havel's family tree is too much for a mortal mind to bear. :v

I see you didn't bother to mention Havel the Schmuk. But hey, nobody likes the guy.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6130 on: July 28, 2016, 04:54:05 am »

Pokemon Go causes cancer.

At least, if you live in Japan.

Apparently, police and security are reporting multiple cases of people wandering around in the no-go area around Fukushima, because the game tells them to go find Pokemon there.

The Japanese government has asked Niantic to please make it a no-go area ingame as well. Tepco, the owner of the reactor has sent a similar request.
And I was just joking when I suggested they put pokemon in chernobyl

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: July 28, 2016, 07:39:38 am »

I mean it's literally combining Hollywood-logic everything with Law & Order's excessively dubious grasp of criminal law and law enforcement work, then piling on a bunch of RAPE PEDOPHILIA RAPE PSYCHOPATHS AND MORE RAPE ISN'T THAT BAD YEAH YOU LIKE THAT RAPE DON'T YOU, YOU LIKE IT SO BAD BUT WE'LL ALL PRETEND TO BE HORRIFIED AT THE USE OF RAPE AND PEDOPHILIA FOR CHEAP THRILLS-

Seriously though, people who unironically enjoy it have something severely wrong with them. Law & Order in general is shit, but I can understand middle-aged and elderly people with sad, empty lives watching it for the same reason that I can understand them reading the ten thousand different James Patterson novels.

I'unno, maybe I'm biased because I spent two years in undergrad dorms hearing some jackass on the other side of the wall jerk off to it every goddamn night. I wish I was joking. Couldn't even bring myself to confront him about it, because how the hell do you start that conversation?

Actualy, Law & Order nowadays does seem to feature rape a lot more often than not :v
I don't really watch the show, but I clearly remember people on /tv/ talking about some episodes, and nearly every time it was about a case involving rape. Everytime I look up something on Law & Order, intentionaly or not, there's at least some rape here and there.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6132 on: July 28, 2016, 08:02:23 am »

so i got into a conversation pertaining to Havel the Rock with a friend

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We decided to call it a day after that, the maddening extent of Havel's family tree is too much for a mortal mind to bear. :v

I see you didn't bother to mention Havel the Schmuk. But hey, nobody likes the guy.
Indeed, much unlike the legendary pokemon trainer, Havel the Brock, who is loved by many. I feel bad for forgetting him. :<
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: July 28, 2016, 08:05:13 am »

So I just learned that Luke 4:20 is "Then he rolled up the scroll..."
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: July 28, 2016, 08:13:40 am »

Actualy, Law & Order nowadays does seem to feature rape a lot more often than not :v
I don't really watch the show, but I clearly remember people on /tv/ talking about some episodes, and nearly every time it was about a case involving rape. Everytime I look up something on Law & Order, intentionaly or not, there's at least some rape here and there.

It's probably because TV murders are old hat. You need rape to squeeze out that last bit of the viewer's emotions.
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 879