Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What style do you prefer?

Silly
- 21 (28.8%)
Grimdark, "war is hell"
- 24 (32.9%)
Romance (Note: not actually going to write this)
- 28 (38.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: You Are Soviet Nuclear Cavalry: It's alive!  (Read 30354 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Soviet Nuclear Cavalry: Are they Nazis?
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2014, 05:54:01 pm »

Вы - Советская Атомная Кавалерия, Ход  четвертый: никто не читает это в любом случае

March 7th, 1943

SaberToothTiger and USEC_OFFICER
In a dugout on the flank of a hill on the eastern bank of the Donets, you find the colonel. He is a tall, wiry man with greying hair and a bushy mustache. As you enter, he raise from his desk where a map of the sector lay. His slightly hazy eyes and the half-empty bottle on his desk tells you he's been drinking for a while now.

Quote from: Colonel Rassiskov
[4+1]The 39th? All damned dirty fascists polack. I served in the Konarmiya in 1920, and we killed a great many of the buggers, but we should have killed more. And those are the worst of the worst: at least when you're fighting German units you know most of your enemies are made up of workers forced to fight by their fascist dictator. But those Poles? They volunteered. And the stories you hear about what they did to our civilians... They barely humans, mere beasts in uniform.

Crossing their lines won't be easy though. They have time to dig in and know their sector. And anything crossing the Donets is a prime target. You have thick woods south of the city though, and crossing there should be possible. I say should, because I lost three scouts over the last fortnight already. Those damned polacks were waiting for them on the other shore. I tell you what, if you agree to look for my boys when you cross, I'll help by making a diversion to the north. Just bring them back to me, or the heads of those that are responsible for their death!

smurfingtonthethird
You go and look for Vodka. [5] you stumble on the regimental quartermaster and soon find yourself in a dugout with a bunch of NCOs enjoying as much vodka as you can drink. From they gesture, it seems they are discussing the Nazi troops opposing them. Too bad you don't speak Russian, you could probably learn a lot of useful stuff otherwise.

Spoiler: Map, large (click to show/hide)

* Or anything else, those are just suggestions.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Soviet Nuclear Cavalry: Russian is useful after all.
« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2014, 06:31:09 pm »

So, what's the plan? I mean, if we acquire an uniform of one of the 39th soldiers I could pretend I'm one of them, because my character still has his accent. If I get questioned, I'll probably play the role of a drunken soldier, mumbling illegible stuff.

What do you think? It's lackluster at best, but it's all we got.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2014, 03:12:12 am »

Talking is a free action BTW, if you want to interact with NPCs without shooting them for some reasons.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2014, 03:23:45 am »

Oh! I'll ask the commander for some supplies, then.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2014, 03:37:49 am »

[4]
"Sure, take this to the quartermaster."

The Colonel bend on his desk to write a short note and hands it to you. It's an order for the quartermaster to let you take as much food as you can carry from the regimental store.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2014, 03:39:52 am »

Does the Colonel have anything of any value on his desk? If so, steal it, while siphoning information out of him.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2014, 03:45:25 am »

The desk is a rickety affair, built of some pine logs and held together with wire. On it are several piles of papers, the aforementioned bottle of vodka, a field telephone, a lamp, some pictures and the colonel's sidearm, a Mauser C96. Leaning against the desk is a PPSh-41.

Also in the dugout are a open footlocker containing clothes, a straw bed and a small strongbox.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2014, 03:51:11 am »

"Colonel, was there any heavy combat around this area lately?" Try to casually pick up the PPSh in one hand. If he notices, explain I am actually examining this  fine weapon.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2014, 03:57:57 am »

Heven't named my horse yet, have I? Let's call her Natalia.

"Why do we even need to cross the river here? We could sneak into newly conquered territory and cross the river behind enemy lines - they won't have as many dugouts and fortifications there. Then we can back-track and go look for your men."

((He is, of course, also trying to distract the colonel from Grzegorz's attempts to stock up on weapons.))
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2014, 04:00:54 am »

((Actually, I'm looking for anything unique on this PPSh, if I won't find nothing, I'll probably take it anyway.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2014, 06:41:50 am »

Shrug and drink booze, as is the way of my people.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2014, 11:32:16 am »

...bump?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2014, 11:49:52 am »

Oh, I though no one cared about this, seeing as no one is really attempting to do anything.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2014, 12:04:24 pm »

I care enough to point out that it should be "Ядерная", not "Атомная"! Because I love gratuitous Russian.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2014, 12:14:29 pm »

Go and argue with Comrade P, he's the one who tranlsated it. :p

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24