Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Cavern Keep - [Pixel RPG] & [ISG]  (Read 16027 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Cavern Keep - [Pixel RPG] & [ISG]
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2014, 09:03:02 am »

"Quite a hunt..."

Agex softly chucled while weightening a bat corpse in his clawed hands:

"Not the best common game I ever hunted, but still a good start."

Third shift: Accompany Borgrum to the spring. While it is certainly not the only sourse of water beasts use, there must be a lot of trails to investigate.
Fourth shift: Return to the keep for some rest, water and batmeat. Also, two rooms (3x2 and 3x3) in the eastern part seem fine for the sort of guardhouse. After renovation, fight-oriented champions may spend their rest-hours there, able to quickly rise to greet any outside danger.

((I presume salamanders to have slightly different, more orderly lifecycle - 6 continious shifts of action followed by 2 continuos shifts of rest - and will follow it if game situation allows.))

Ignacius: Territory annexion is a must.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2014, 10:27:18 am »

Third shift: Sleep

Fourth shift: Return to excavation site to complete it.

((Due to a small amount of time, the spells will have to wait a bit))
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:35:58 am by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2014, 11:27:26 am »

((Could I have some more insight into the nature of Daemonology? I'm having a bit of trouble in devising my spells. You did mention summoning is too slow for combat, but what IS actually possible? I edited in my previous post what few ideas I could think of from other games with similar systems of dark magic, but they are subject to change.))

((EDIT: Extra question: What about spells where multiple schools would apply? E.g. would raising a fog be a Druidic or a Wind spell for controlling weather, a Water spell for filling the air with it, or even a Herald spell for its vision-impairing effects?))
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:43:16 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2014, 11:48:33 am »

Kashmar kneels over the mossy floor, with his hands firmly grabbing his staff, and prays to his Dark Lord, with soft whispers:

-Oh, Dark One, may you vanquish all light from existance and let the most apt survive, may you the bring blindness to those who oppose us and let your chosen ones pierce your veil... My Lord, the keep is in worse condition that what I had thought, but with hard work it is going to be fit to your needs eventually. The Library will be the palce for your altar, my Lord, until the place for a temple can be constructed into has been found or varved from the bowels of the earth. My apologies for the favors I asked you, I hope that by showing the other inhabitants of this keep the...usefulness of this religion they will be eventually converted to your cause, whether the Keeper disires it or not. May your veil blind your foes, my Lord.

Combat spell (I assume that only for the bloodmage): Hypnosis (make is lesser hypnosis or whatever as you see fit)

Shifts: To be decided depending on the actions from the rest of the players.

((My intention: my character will help anybody to butcher the corpses, as long as you let him have the blood. And maybe a skull))

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2014, 12:27:30 pm »

Rocetta approaches the vampire. "It would seem that you may have overexerted your god earlier. Luckily, I am more than skilled enough to hunt without a blessing, and have brought back plenty of meat. If you think the offering of a corpse might be helpful in gaining unholy favor, I would gladly share one with you."

She then glances at the ceiling and smiles. "In other matters related to the hunt, I managed to find some leathery eggs, from which I am unsure and rather curious as to what might hatch. Since I don't have the proper resources and space to incubate eggs here, I intend to expedite their hatching with my Druidism after taking a nap. If yours is the sort of god who is inclined to warp beasts, you are welcome to try and invite whatever powerful dark influence you choose into the eggs before I try and hatch them."

Combat Spells:
Healing
Poison Weapons

Actions:
Shift 3: Eat and Sleep
Shift 4: Use Druidic magic to attempt to hatch the leathery eggs

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2014, 12:47:50 pm »

-Oh, excellent! We may need a proper altar for sacrifices, but first I also have to satisfy my own needs-Kashmar quickly grabs one of his flasks of blood and drinks it- Maybe we can extract some blood from the corpses? If they need to be hanged, the remanining manacles from the prison can help with that. Yes, I think that they will do the trick. The Dark One is interesting more in fooling lesser beings,-An idea goes through his mind, and he smiles- I think that making and twisting a new creature could fit his whims could...-He starts to get a bit anxious-Maybe that creature could become an emblem for his cult! Yes!

He adds:
-One of those lewts would be enough, after being drained. And its skull could become the most important piece of The Darkener's next altar!

He then realizes that maybe he should be thinking and talking at the same time, for that is a sin, an important one, so he calms down and says:
-Yes, I will help you, and I'm sure that the Dark One will be pleased to help you too.

Third shift:
-Eat and sleep, in the SE of the rooms on the west of the keep.

Fourth shift:
-Drain the corpse into the empty flask. Perform a ritual to help Rocetta, sacrificing the animal, and allowing The Dark One to twist the offspring as he wishes.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2014, 01:40:12 pm »

Ignacius: Elaborate on known magic and abilities beyond just summoning, binding, and influence magic. Otherwise, just keep on claiming more territory, both shifts.

" Oh my, I am a scholar at heart, with abundant capabilities in magic. My main interest were always the dark energies of chaos and death, and as such I am also most proficient in these departments. The Portal is one of my best works - seeing as even vandalizing it was beyond the lot. In the sphere of death, I had the occasional succes with dark ressurection. Which pretty much translates into hauling the soul back into the now undead body, and leaving it with its own free will. "

The ghost stops boasting and nods proudly to himself, before a sheepish grin steals itself unto his reddish-transparent face.

" There is... only a slight problem. Not only require most of these spells far more power than I currently have at my disposal, but it is also a fact that I am not in my best form. Ever got jolted from your sleep prematurely, and being quite confused as a result? Yeah? Well, thats my current state of mind. No worries though, it will go away. In a few months, that is. In the meantime, if I ponder over a specific spell long enough, it should come back clearly. "

" Well, more or less clearl- ahem. Er.. - What I meant is, that it should come back to me indeed. No doubt about it! Ha~ha! "

((- Snip -In case you missed it before Lurker Ochita.))
Well then, it was not easy to choose, even after I decided to make it 7 players instead of 6. Any that are still interested, obviously are invited onto the waitlist - where it will be first come first served. Else, this will be somewhat of an intro round, so if there are any things unclear, feel free to ask away. Best, do so IC. ;3
As I expected, only half of those that were interested in playing, but not initially choosen, now seem to be interested in the waitlist. So sure, you will wander on it.
I actually feel bad about it, because you seem to have missed that bit in my quote, but it will be as I wrote back then, else it would be unfair to the other hopeful players. :/

((Could I have some more insight into the nature of Daemonology? I'm having a bit of trouble in devising my spells. You did mention summoning is too slow for combat, but what IS actually possible? I edited in my previous post what few ideas I could think of from other games with similar systems of dark magic, but they are subject to change.))

((EDIT: Extra question: What about spells where multiple schools would apply? E.g. would raising a fog be a Druidic or a Wind spell for controlling weather, a Water spell for filling the air with it, or even a Herald spell for its vision-impairing effects?))
You can warp reality, and introduce new elements into it. So, blinking around, phase-shifting and other such fun stuff? Check. Summoning forth plain dark energy that doesn't sit well with this plane? Check. Oh, and thinking about it, the comment about summoning in combat was more centered towards permanent minions, which are attuned to the plane and what-not. Temporary summons would be okay.
Spoiler: Magic & Elements (click to show/hide)

Combat spell (I assume that only for the bloodmage): Hypnosis (make is lesser hypnosis or whatever as you see fit)

Assume again. You also get "spells" for being a priest. So dark smiting, specific combat buffs, maybe a bit of healing and - in the case of your god - dark "illusions" like blinding, black fog and such? Sounds about right. Just be informed that it often enough will take some godly favour.

Else - "Hypnosis" is a bit ambigious. Do you mean a "Charm" spell, or more like "Temporary Enslavement"? Either way, in that vein is what I intended for Bloodmages.

On another note, I really like what Tomcost and Weirdsound are cooking up right now. Have my (newly invented) "Dwarfy!" -Stamp of approval.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2014, 01:59:03 pm »

Assume again. You also get "spells" for being a priest. So dark smiting, specific combat buffs, maybe a bit of healing and - in the case of your god - dark "illusions" like blinding, black fog and such? Sounds about right. Just be informed that it often enough will take some godly favour.
Which means that I don't have to specify them? Or do I have to?

Else - "Hypnosis" is a bit ambigious. Do you mean a "Charm" spell, or more like "Temporary Enslavement"? Either way, in that vein is what I intended for Bloodmages.
As it is supposed to be a kind of rank 1 spell, I was going for a "Make targeted entity become really dumb and prevent attacks from it, also make it easy to manipulate" but not a straight enslavement. More like a Me:"You come here, I give cookies! " It: "Cookies are tasty*drools and follows*"

After checking it out (I'm not into DnD), yeah, it is like a charm spell, but making the target dumb during the duration of the spell.

Later, I will get into true enslavement.

On another note, I really like what Tomcost and Weirdsound are cooking up right now. Have my (newly invented) "Dwarfy!" -Stamp of approval.

HehehehehHAHAHAHAHA

EDIT: forgot to mention it. The work on those wall tiles, with cracks that actually connect with each other making everything look seamless, is pretty awesome

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2014, 02:09:56 pm »

((And so the players realise that they're serving the college dropout level of dungeon keepers. Also :I on my missing of text, my bad. Still, maybe once influence finally becomes a non-issue Ignacius can start to remember/work on spells to aid the players.))
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2014, 04:35:14 pm »

HehehehehHAHAHAHAHA
((I concur. That explanation of magic gave me plenty of ideas for spells. The ones I chose to start with may seem like a lot, but they're easy to adjust for different power levels.))

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2014, 06:31:56 pm »

A Herald is "just" using magic, without attuning himself to any specific magical element. Well, he actually could, but then he would find himself unable to cast spells of the opposing elements. I am not sure if I mentioned it, but a Water Elementalist is not able to learn Fire-Spells, just as a druid won't be able to learn necromancy.
Oh hells. That's going to require adjustment.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2014, 10:29:22 am »

Third shift: eat, sleep.
Fourth shift: attempt to find some stuff and make small traps, like rabbit snares, and plant them around to try to capture some little lizards or something.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2014, 11:59:02 am »

((Question: What will happen if needs are not fulfilled? Say, if we have to work an extra shift in an emergency?))

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2014, 12:45:18 pm »

((Question: What will happen if needs are not fulfilled? Say, if we have to work an extra shift in an emergency?))

Eh, nothing much, unless you really tax yourself to your limits. But yeah, if you do not get your beauty-sleep, your actions will get less dice-rolls. Food won't matter much that fast, but water will.

Right, since we are close to that topic. I already told you that vampires go insane if they don't get their intake of blood, but I have yet to mention wisps with their suffering. They just plainly weaken instead - from being exhausted to comatose in a few days.

Which means that I don't have to specify them? Or do I have to?
Please do specify them.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2014, 01:32:24 pm »

Priest combat spells:

-Heal
-Blinding fog
-Mind blast (direct damage dealer that maybe leaves the target confused)

Are they OK?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11