Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Cavern Keep - [Pixel RPG] & [ISG]  (Read 16035 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Cavern Keep - [Pixel RPG] & [ISG]
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2014, 10:18:43 am »

(My Druid should be 2, and my Peasant 1)
This is what I get for listing skills in a different order than the source.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2014, 10:41:00 am »

Went ahead and finished it.
Spoiler: EVERYONE Loves Charts (click to show/hide)
Pardon the inconsistency in abbreviating Hunting; I'm still not sure which version I prefer.

I also considered doing some waitlisters, but there's actually just as many waitlisters as there are players.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2014, 11:28:59 am »

((Do note that the icons will probably change in a moment as we get our weapons and tools.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2014, 11:30:01 am »

Went ahead and finished it.
Spoiler: EVERYONE Loves Charts (click to show/hide)
Pardon the inconsistency in abbreviating Hunting; I'm still not sure which version I prefer.

I also considered doing some waitlisters, but there's actually just as many waitlisters as there are players.

That.. actually looks very nice indeed. You see everything important at a glance. I like it. If it weren't for status and inventory of the characters, I just might adapt it.

Edit: Yep, just like IcyTea said.

((Also, I have another question: how about specific things that could be achieved by using different spells. Like, an Earth Elementalist trying to build with magic. Would that be possible?))

That is actually one of the things I absolutely want to be possible with the magic system in play. Obviously a full and permanent wall would be a chore of - depending on the skill of the elementalist - hmm.. one to three shifts, I guess, but still. I want the game to be quite free-form, as it should turn out to be far more fun than if we keep it as some kind of "streamlined" rpg.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2014, 12:10:23 pm »

Shift 1: Hunt with Agex and Ignaciaus.
Shift 2: Explore the next room of the dungeon. (Avoiding Kashmar)
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2014, 05:38:17 pm »

((I have the feeling that some players may have missed the announcement from the GM saying that we should post our shifts, so I'm bumping this game, even if it is not necessary))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2014, 07:43:18 pm »

Shift 1: Hunt with the others
Shift 2: Hunt with the others

Just hunting, basically.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2014, 10:48:38 am »

Shift 1: Use earth magic to excavate a new chamber to the west
((Do tell if you would rather have me unable to do the above))
Shift 2:Study the gate through which we entered.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2014, 10:59:40 am »

You totally can tunnel, especially with earth magic. Still, I have no idea where you actually want to do that, because right now you are still surrounded by that small-ish keep. Like, on all sides. ;3

If you want to tunnel further into the western end of the keep, be my guest.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2014, 08:08:48 pm »

You totally can tunnel, especially with earth magic. Still, I have no idea where you actually want to do that, because right now you are still surrounded by that small-ish keep. Like, on all sides. ;3

If you want to tunnel further into the western end of the keep, be my guest.
((Pretty much that.))
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2014, 01:17:30 pm »

PTW

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2014, 05:19:23 am »

So... this took a while longer than I anticipated. For one, I found out that I would need some new tiles for the mini-map, and that some of them had not enough variation. At least not for my standards, that is. ;3 Still unlucky with the current turn format, but it will have to do for now.

Feel very free to roleplay, and plan for the next two shifts.

Cavern Keep
~
War for the Underworld

The Underbowels
Some Cavern
Day I, Mid-Dark

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Keep (click to show/hide)

Kashmar
After most of the freshly summoned creatures have decided upon taking a look into the caverns, Kashmar is ready to bless all of them with something that improves their stealth. Or at least that is what he asks of his god.  He is busy blessing all of the five that are about to depart, and quite successful at it too – until he wants to bless Rocetta. Instead of laying a small godly boon upon her, his temples are wrecked in pain, his lord seemingly unamused by the sudden demand of favours from the vampire. Result – 21/25

After recovering from the gods annoyance, the Undead scouts the keep for the library, and easily finds it with a pointer from Ignacius. As the later has said, there is not much left of the library, the floor retaining some old scorch-marks and by now overgrown from the seemingly clogged sewage-shaft. Even a whole fungi has sprung up in there. He has more luck in his search of the cells, where he finds two of the manacles that are fastened to the damp walls to be in rusty, but trustworthy condition.

Gained 4/30 XP as Dark Priest, Slight Loss of Godly Favour, Found 2 sets of Manacles, 5 Scrap Iron

Crest
The Gargoyle makes a beeline for the western rooms, stopping at the first natural wall to be found. Focusing his elemental magic on it, he begins to excavate it. The task is going rather slow, partly because the stone is stronger than expected. At the end of the shift, the hallway is littered in dust and rocks that have broken off the wall, the task close to halfway done. Progress - 17/40

During the second shift, Crest takes residence in the portal room, studying the main ornament of said room. What he easily finds out, is that the magic involved is not only alien to the one he is already using, but it also is quite intricate. After studying the obsidian for multiple hours, he is able to grasp the basic principles of summoning – or rather, Daemonolougy. Progress - 14/100

Gained 3/30 XP as Earth Elementalist, Gained 2/20 XP as Daemonolouge

Borgrum
The Orc – more versed in the arts of summoning – begins by drawing a small circle, forfeiting any kind of sacrifice or special foci to strengthen it. He is barely able to complete the spell, the later almost backfiring on him, but the summon goes through. The acquired Lesser Imp is among the most unimpressive extraterrestrials known to the worlds at large, untalented in magic and not reaching his new master to the knees. The nameless creature is however useable as gopher. As long as it doesn't have to reach higher than 50 centimetres to fulfil its task. Result - 14/??

In the second shift, he hurries to the side of the hunters outside, with some of them already boasting their first success. Under their guidance, Borgrum is also able to hunt down one of the fanged newts that seem endemic to the area. Result – 11/??

Gained Follower – Lesser Imp, Gained 2/30 XP as Summoner, Gained 2 XP as Hunter, Gained 1 Fanged Newt Corpse

Rocetta
Unimpaired from not being blessed by the vampire, the Harpy sets out with most of the group, sometimes taking a peek at the salamander that scouted ahead. The local fauna poses no challenge to her, netting two of the cat-sized newts in the first shift. Result – 19/??

After Agex and Borgrum join the hunting party, they are able to chase some of the medium sized animals of the area, leaving Rocetta with one of the scaled bats – their ability of flight seemingly lost at some point in time. She is also able to make out some leathery eggs, taking them with her. Result – 22/??

Gained 4/20 XP as Hunter, Gained 2 Fanged Newt Corpses, Gained 1 Scaled Bat Corpse, Gained Leathery Eggs

Izak
Leaving the keep behind in favour of the hunt, the Fallen flies alongside the others. His somewhat dampened flight is dampened even more by the blessing upon him, allowing him to catch a very particular ant – the abdomen bulged and full of sweet nectar, but what it is processed from is still unknown at this point. Result – 14/??

Returning to the keep for the second shift, he explores the rooms that line the hallway. The rooms to the east show obvious signs of use and miss-use, the ceiling even now darkened by the fires that once were stoked, and many of the tiles broken or worn in quite miscellaneous ways. To the west he finds a small hall, with two further corridors revealing four small rooms – most likely they were used as some form of housing before. During all that, he is able to find intact earthenware, and a sword so very rusted it needs to be melted done to become useful in any way.

Gained 2 XP as Hunter, Found 1 Scrap Iron, Found 1 Big Earthenware Pot

Ssitoc
The blendec joins the hunt, the subterranean landscape not at odds with his own nature. Despite not having hunted in this fashion before, at the end of the long hunting hours his success is only second to the harpy. He bags two of the fanged newts on his own during the first shift, and during the group hunt is also able to catch one of the oddly scaled, flightless bats. Results - 16/??, 21/??

Gained 7 XP as Hunter, Gained 2 Fanged Newt Corpses, Gained 1 Flightless Bat Corpse

Agex
Scouting ahead on his own, the most experienced hunter is more than once able to hear the ruckus made from the others – quite in contrast to his own prowling. Following the long overgrown pathway at the beginning, he is able to make out a plethora of things. While most of it has since rotted away, there once was a medium sized city in the vicinity, the odd ruin accounting to its former presence. He is also able to acquaint himself with the local wildlife, having located some of their tracks and paths. Result – 29/20

Returning to the group, he is able to share some of his findings, and partakes of the hunt as well. Under his guidance the group happens upon a small herd of flightless bats, with him taking out two of them for himself. Result – 42/??

Gained Trait – Local Wildlife, Gained 14/40 XP as Hunter, Gained 2 Flightless Bat Corpses

Ignacius
Suddenly realizing that he has not made any plans, he makes an obvious choice instead – which means annexing two tiles worth of land in the keep.

Lost 10 Influence, Gained 2 Income of Influence

~

Progress, Results and XP
These are actually quite straight-forward. For every 5 points of a task which is somehow related to a craft, skill, magic or somesuch, you get 1 XP in the specific area. You need 10 XP more each level, with the first level needing 20XP because of beginner troubles. These job-specific XP also count towards your creature level, Which will be set at +/50XP each Level.

Progress and Results are rolled with D6. You get 3D6 on these basic actions, +1D6 for every Job-Level or - like in this round - boni or boons. There might come a hard limit, or switch to D12 at specific skill level, because it would be somewhat dreadfull to roll the crafting roll of a Lvl 30 dwarven smith, but we will see ;3

In-Combat Magic
Like mentioned, please choose your combat-spells. You get 1 per Skill-Lvl, with more being available with research and on reaching higher levels in your specific magic skill.

Ignacius & Work
Yeah... he is a suggestion character. Currently his options are a bit limited towards support, but that is easily cure-able by the players.

Resources:
6 Scrap Iron (1 Izak, 5 Kashmar)
1 Big Earthenware Pot (Izak)
2 Stationary Manacles ( Kashmar)

Food: 40 Food, 25 Water, 5 Blood
4 Flightless Bat Corpses / 2 Rations each (2 Agex, 1 Ssitoc, 1 Rocetta)
5 Fanged Newt Corpses / 1 Ration each (2 Ssitoc, 2 Rocetta, 1 Borgrum)
1 Honey-Ant Corpse / 1 Ration Honey (Izak)
1 Portion Leathery Eggs / 1 Ration (Rocetta)
25 Rations of Food (5 Each, save Kashmar & Crest)
25 Bottled Water (5 Each, save Kashmar & Crest)
5 Vials of Blood (Kashmar)

Ignacius:
790 Influence
-13 Influence daily
Spoiler: Rundown (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

Player List
Spoiler: Izak / Jboy2000000 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kashmar / Tomcost (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rocetta / Weirdsound (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Borgrum / IcyTea31 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Agex / Sarrak (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crest / Deathsword (click to show/hide)

Waitlist
Shadestyle
Harbringerjm
Varee
IronyOwl

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2014, 05:52:15 am »

Spoiler: Combat Spells (click to show/hide)

Third shift: Find and investigate the water spring. If viable, order the imp to work on clearing the clog.

Fourth shift: Return to the keep, eat, drink, sleep.

Ignacius: Usurp territory on both shifts.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 04:28:12 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2014, 07:55:35 am »

Ignacius: Elaborate on known magic and abilities beyond just summoning, binding, and influence magic. Otherwise, just keep on claiming more territory, both shifts.

((Edit: Little edit, but applying to waitlist and stuff using This Sheet. In case you missed it before Lurker.))
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:19:15 am by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2014, 08:23:29 am »

Spoiler: Waitlist request (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11