Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1030415 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

The Warboss with the giant power fist is Gorgutz, by the way.
It's hard to see, but... isin't Gorgutz supposed to be missing his left arm? I mean, yes, it's Orks so he could have always grown one or something, but I think it was replaced by a big gun, wasn't it?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Quote from: Kot link=topic=139714.msg7299044#m sg7299044 date=1482090171
It's hard to see, but... isin't Gorgutz supposed to be missing his left arm? I mean, yes, it's Orks so he could have always grown one or something, but I think it was replaced by a big gun, wasn't it?
Could be a cybork replacement.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile

An ork losing an armis just an excuse for more daka or choppa
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Why are there no warbikez? I want my bike of the Aporkalypse Dammit!

Funny Story: I thought the pun in Aporkalupse was that it had the word "Pork" in it. Only realized it was a pun on "ork" like a year later
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Is it just me, or is DOW3 going for "Mecha-40k"?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

I think the titans (mini-titans?  knights?) are supposed to be a big deal, yeah.  Which pleases me just fine (:
Though the animations of those killer kans (?) attacking the Eldar walker looked pretty bad.  I know such animations will always involve attacking thin air a lot, but... eh.  It was also disappointing how the stories-tall walker's stories-long energy sword just sort of harmlessly passed through them, I would have expected knockback.  Maybe that was disabled for the demonstration.

Honestly I had a lot of trouble distinguishing *anything* in that footage.  So much green on green, and flashy obscuring lights (even on things besides flash gitz :P).  I've heard other people are worried about the graphic style too, but it didn't seem particularly bad to me until this video.

But then, Dawn of War 2 had a sorta similar problem, and managed it well by putting clear icons above squads.  That's probably still in 3, just disabled for cinematic mode.  Heck they've probably showed it off already, I just haven't been following very closely.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

I believe the stories-long energy swords were actually dual suncannons.
In which case attacking in melee with a ranged weapon I'd hope wouldn't be as effective.
god knows stomps are OP enough on table
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Sooo

why does khorne not get off his giant chair and murder things again?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

He's too angry to stand up.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

He's kicked so much ass his legs are tired, so he's having a sit down.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sooo

why does khorne not get off his giant chair and murder things again?

The gods cannot leave the Warp, or at least not at the moment. No Warp Storm or portal is big enough to allow them entry into the material world. They can't even directly manifest in the places where the Warp and reality have blended like the Eye of Terror or the Maelstrom, there's still too much normal reality there.

I think the last time Khorne himself is supposed to have actually fought anything personally is when he flung Skarbrand from his tower, but that wasn't exactly a fight. The only other canon battle he's had was against Slaanesh over the god Khaine.

He still does stuff like tear holes in reality with his sword and throw stuff through them. Usually fistfuls of exploding burning skulls that hit like an artillery strike. Sometimes other dark miracles like simultaneously cutting the heads off every soldier on a planet after an armistice ending a centuries long civil war.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

I am pretty sure that none of the Chaos Gods ever fully physically manifested in Materium. Khorne fought Khaine and other such shit happened in Warp. It's nearly impossible for them to actually manifest, and if one did then that would be akin to... Call of Cthulhu on Galactic scale.
Which also means you could Old Man Henderson them since they are weakened. In the old fluff Horus was supposedly deamonhost for the Chaos Gods, which is as powerful as you can get, since true physical manifestations would have to expend some of their power to keep their shit together.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Dark miracles like simultaneously cutting the heads off every soldier on a planet after an armistice ending a centuries long civil war.
Well that's the cleanest disarmament ever undertaken.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dark miracles like simultaneously cutting the heads off every soldier on a planet after an armistice ending a centuries long civil war.
Well that's the cleanest disheadament ever undertaken.
FTFY

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

"NO, ENOUGH FUCKING REST. YOU ARE ALL GOING TO HEAR ABOUT WHY LEMAN RUSS WAS A FUCKING DICK. SERIOUSLY. A DICK. YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY I'M CALLED 'THE FELL-HANDED'? HUH? DO YA'? THE FUCKER CAUGHT ME JERKING OFF BEHIND A BIG ROCK ONE NIGHT ABOUT TWENTY METERS FROM THE REST OF THE DETACHMENT! HE KICKED THE ROCK AWAY AND SHOUTED, 'LO, IT SEEMS HE IS BESTING A MIGHTY FELL-BEAST WITH ONLY HIS HAND!"
10/10 nothing like wasting your life on fan stories

"YEAH, FUCKING LION EL', HE WAS A DECENT MAN. HE AND LEMAN HATED EACH OTHER BECAUSE LION ENJOYED BOOKS. YEAH, THAT'S IT. FIRST TIME THEY EVER MET HE WAS READING A BOOK, LEMAN WALKED IN AND SHOUTED 'HEY, I'M LOOKING FOR MY BROTHER PRIMARCH, ALL I SEE IS A BOOK-READING PUSSY'. THEN HELD HIS HAND OUT TO BE BRO-FISTED. NO ONE DID, SO HE SUCKER-PUNCHED LION TO LOOK TOUGH."

mmmmm yes
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 09:05:24 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 824