Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1027104 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And what's holding that sword on, willpower?

Possibly? It is WH40k, after all.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

And what's holding that sword on, willpower?
Magnets.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

in the 30k books they mention terra as polluted wasteland, fueding warlords states, and bigE being largely too busy to conquer these tributary states
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

It was basically an even larger than life version of mad max + cyborgs and mutants. Basically fallout but less desolate and with far more large scale warfare.
I imagine thunder warriors as a cross between rambo and arnie's character in the first predator movie.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 07:54:51 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Emperor conquered whole Terra before embarking on Grand Genocide in the stars. The Last Church on Terra has the priest, previously a soldier, give firsthand relation and then get church crumbled on him by intense bolter fire. I mean, if there were other states, one would guess there were more temples or stuff.

It was... not Mad Max per se, more like Fallout but with even more developed factions. You proably had cities and shit, but everything had that feel of "Ancient Fantasy" ala... Conan or something, but with guns. It's hard to accurately describe.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

It was FIST OF THE NORTH STAREMPEROR then.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

I havent seen it but from what I know it seems pretty accurate.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

in the 30k books they mention terra as polluted wasteland, fueding warlords states, and bigE being largely too busy to conquer these tributary states

That was in 30k, and even then probably only early 30k since the more fractious ones like Boeotia were eventually crushed by the Astartes and their vassal government revoked. After the Horus Heresy most of Terra was crushed flat or burned to a crisp from the fighting between titan legions, traitor and loyalist marines, daemons, orbital strikes, conventional armies and the mechanicus and dark mechanicus. I'd honestly be surprised if anything was left standing other than the Imperial Palace and the houses of the Navis Nobilite, and even the latter was probably wrecked.

Afterwards Terra was basically rebuilt from scratch around the Palace as a giant Hive City. Sometime around M32 the Ecclesiarchy became a thing and Terra got a ton of churches and temples built on it as well. Most of the population is probably descended from the human soldiers who fought there, what few locals survived the war and the massive amount of pilgrims who travel there every year and have done so since the Emperor got plonked on his throne.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I always find it weird that the Great Crusade only lasted like 300 to 400 years. In my headcanon it spanned like a whole millennia.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Golden color of the Imperial Fists. I wonder if that's all intentional.
Well, in 40k, gold leaf is objectively the best. That's just a fact.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

So let me get this straight: The Imperial Palace alone, aka the place were only the Emperor and his Custodians are allowed (and maybe some inquisition) is covering all of fucking europe. So best case scenario 10-100.000 people are inhabiting all of europe...it would be so easy to sneak in, because even if they did their best they would need at least an hour to scramble to that position if you get found.

That aside, i imagine it being full of unused rooms, filled with all kinds of shit which would be useful to the Imperium at large, but nobody bothers to actually write down whats there and how it could be put to use.

As in " Oh, thats the STC-Room, we have like 50 of them or so lying about so we put them all in there...What do you mean you were looking for those the last ten thousand years?"

"Oh that? That is the Titan Garage. We occasionally use them as pillars when one of the pure gold ones collapse during our trainings."

"This? This is the Terran Library, we have in here every book ever written, in fact it also has access to the Black Library, but nobody ever bothered figuring out where exactly that access gate is so we mostly just close it off."

"Yeah, yeah Emperors Laboratory, and yes there is two primarchs in those tubes. But nobody said we should wake them up so we left them like the Emps left it."

"Oh yes this is the Manual to the Golden Throne...but none of us can read this so called Swerish? Swelish? Swedish? Who cares, also the pictograms are way to complex, if you ever find this I-Koa or whatever you should ask him what stands in there."

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

Not really, no.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Imperial_Palace

EDIT: To specify, it actually covers the himalayas. The 10,000 strong Custodians keep watch over it yes--but use the whole inner complex as a sort of training ground--so they're spread out over the whole palace. You COULD sneak in I guess, but a Custodian would catch up with you before you got anywhere important and kill you. Their knowledge of secret passages within the structure basically allow them to move around quick as fuck.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 01:19:54 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

-snip-
You forgot the basement sisters of silence training grounds
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

So let me get this straight: The Imperial Palace alone, aka the place were only the Emperor and his Custodians are allowed (and maybe some inquisition) is covering all of fucking europe. So best case scenario 10-100.000 people are inhabiting all of europe...it would be so easy to sneak in, because even if they did their best they would need at least an hour to scramble to that position if you get found.

That aside, i imagine it being full of unused rooms, filled with all kinds of shit which would be useful to the Imperium at large, but nobody bothers to actually write down whats there and how it could be put to use.

As in " Oh, thats the STC-Room, we have like 50 of them or so lying about so we put them all in there...What do you mean you were looking for those the last ten thousand years?"

"Oh that? That is the Titan Garage. We occasionally use them as pillars when one of the pure gold ones collapse during our trainings."

"This? This is the Terran Library, we have in here every book ever written, in fact it also has access to the Black Library, but nobody ever bothered figuring out where exactly that access gate is so we mostly just close it off."

"Yeah, yeah Emperors Laboratory, and yes there is two primarchs in those tubes. But nobody said we should wake them up so we left them like the Emps left it."

"Oh yes this is the Manual to the Golden Throne...but none of us can read this so called Swerish? Swelish? Swedish? Who cares, also the pictograms are way to complex, if you ever find this I-Koa or whatever you should ask him what stands in there."
No, it's only the inner palace that has the Custodes.
The outer palace still has billions of people in it.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 824