Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1023822 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile

Still there's no reason for a gyrojet pistol or carbine, now a dmr with gyrojets would definitely be worth it. Also it's a little wierd that 40I actually has something pratical.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

More rational (PAULDROOONS) Power Armour would be practical. Genetically modified super-soldiers too. Lasguns, if they didin't work on futuretech would too, extremly practical even. Various cybernetics, rejuvenation techniques. Sonic weapons.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Considering logic of the 40k universe, even inquisition and mechanicus  are absolutely reasonable.  :)
At least if you dont want everything to end up with demons/mind control parasites/suddenly getting pwnd by vile xenoplot staged 20000 years ago, which was also designed to look like insane conspiracy theory for everyone without big black hat, inquisitorial rosette and deep knowledge of such plots/clouds of nanomurderbots/ sentient giants deciding to stomp some insects with  continent levelling guns

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile

Hello all! I'm considering running a Forum Quest based in 40k and am wondering whether or not anyone here would be interested in doing so. I'm debating on usin  RTD or a more complex game system of my own creation (its not yet complete, sadly.) I would be willing to post the very rough (I.E, I wrote it in fifteen minutes) draft of my opening if requested.

Thoughts?
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

1st and most pertinent question:
What's the 40k angle?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile

43rd Millenium, everyone but the Imperium is doing dandy. You are the Big E reborn, you can choose where it goes from there. You slowly gain memories from your "Past life" which will be a stat of some sort. You have to either A, live your life our or B, Humanity Fuck Yeah. I plan to have a bit where you, young and impressionable yet still slightly a god, are conscripted to be a guardsman for a while. Basically I want to touch on a lot of things that comes together for greatness. It will be as serious as the players, within reason, want it to be.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't do it. That's my advice. Playing as the Emperor is not an angle that should be taken. It's too difficult to do characterisation, story, and character interactions well when the PC is the Emperor.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile

Nah, just let the players characterize Emps however they think is appropriate.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Better idea, the players are Primarchs. The winner is whoever has the fewest (or the most) daddy issues.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the game of daddy issues, there are no winners.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

I see it as being a gigantic pisstake.
But that could actually turn out quite successful because everyone loves a good pisstake.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

Being EMPREH before 40k could be fun too. Just vignettes from history where you must save the day via subtle manipulation or gleaming abs.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can priests bang? What about Sororitas?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I'd go with yes. I've always thought of the Imperial Creed of being more of a dark humanist religion than like the stifling attitudes we know from Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism. The iconography is Catholic, but the focus is on the divinity of the God-Emperor and by extension the sacred nature of the human race.

As such, everybody is allowed to bang if it serves humanity and Him on Terra.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it's not bad enough to be heresy, it's a-okay.
If it is heresy, well, that's what the god-emperor invented plasma for.
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 824