Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 89

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO OOC thread  (Read 57220 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #1155 on: July 07, 2014, 02:54:34 pm »

It's still busywork, though. Just assume people will get it done, with results adjusted for skill level, and skip forward unless people want to RP it in more detail. Spending a lot of time and rolls on busywork kills forum games.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 07, 2014, 03:20:38 pm »

Modem's fixed  :)

can someone tell me where to find an example sheet? i just need the basic skeleton of it.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: July 07, 2014, 03:22:34 pm »

Name:____________________                              Age:______________
Gender:___________________                              Race:___________________
Class:__________________                                  Username:_______________
Appearance:_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Appearance (in-game):___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Biography:_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Starting Inventory: 3 items
Stats
STR:
SPD:
DEX:
CON:
LCK:
Skills
50 points.

Here.
Take a closer look at this text!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: July 07, 2014, 04:33:19 pm »

Name: Jacob Perez
Appearance: A scrawny Hispanic fellow. He usually kept his hair shaved military style. Prone to wear suits whenever possible so that he can look "snazzy".
Biography: Jacob was the second off-spring of immigrant parents that would later divorce. Money was always an issue and stopped him from going to many school actives or joining clubs for his parents stinginess with money. Always saving for the next bill and being layed off by employers looking to cut back in the recession. At school he was picked on for only wearing borrowed school uniform parts that his teacher Mr. Sampson gave him. Targeted by bullies and feeling isolated, Jacob would find a role model in Mr. Sampson the economy teacher. After High school Jacob would take the path of an economist for his admiration of his mentors and because of his belief in that money would be the only way to happiness. What started as a regular high school graduate in the work force case would turn into a national icon of the american dream. The kind where rags to riches was seen. Jacob used his minimum wage to buy stocks at the right time, investment into small business, and at one point owning a private strip club where he and his associates "relaxed". In only 4 years he would become the Vice President (an the youngest one at that) of his cities Business council, putting him in the role of a lobbying and campaigning for interest of himself as well as his partners.

However, tragedy stuck the Young man when he heard 2 month's to his fathers birthday that his father, Jorge Perez, was dead. Jacob at first told himself "why care?" but the answer, whatever it was, came and it came hard down on him. He asked his family why he was never notified and they responded by telling him that while he was out on business trips or relaxing at his clubs, that he never bothered about his family. His father ordered those around him to never tell of his death nor the funeral that he was barred from.

He later resigned his position from the Council of Honorable Business and sold his assets. Many felt that after the shocking news that depression had made him lose his touch, not being able to concentrate on things or even just not caring about himself anymore. Only recently has his depression been under control and he looks to enjoy himself at the latest MMORPG, only to find that he's got brand new problems to contend with.

Race: Human
Username: Inc. dggerz
Class: Assassin ((Rogue w.e his assassin creedish))

Items: Double unreflectible daggers, Light Leather Armor, and a Dark Blue Cloak.

STR: 20
CON:5
Luck: 5
Spd: 20

1. Silent run (self explanatory)
2. Dagger Storm (special stab attack that can incapacitate if enemy is at 30% or lower hp. Can only be used once in fights.)
3. All seeing (Seing in pitch darkness, smoke, or underwater. must be activated and it takes one turn to use.)
4. Venom bite (can put coat exotic high damaging venoms on weapons. may cause paralysis, rash breaking, lung clog-age, and blindness. Different and much more effective than normally used poisons or venom's from other players.)
5. Sonar Hearing (Ability to detect an ambush when in stealth mode.)
6. Dark shroud (Turn invisible to the naked human eye for 3 turns. If you attack when in invisibility your shroud is broken for the remaining turn. 5 turn cool down.)
7. Trainer (Those training with you will always learn one thing no matter how bad they are.)
8. Economic analyzer (can use an in-game calculator to help figure out market prices and fluctuations.)
9. Parkour expert (assassin creed style of climbing up any building. May get the attention of city guards who will arrest you, if caught, for disturbing the peace.)
10. Athletic (can run faster, longer, and even climb walls.)

In game appearnce: Brown skin, brown eyes, black cut hair, and an average body build.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 07, 2014, 04:53:34 pm »

Uhm Dagger storm is an attack not a skill.
Sonar hearing is impossible you can't learn to hear like a bat.
All seeing is also impossible you can't learn to have night vision or see through things.
Venom bite is also impossible, you can make poisons but you can't magic super poison out of thin air thats automatically better then other peoples you get the same poisons as any other poison maker.
Dark shroud is also impossible you can't learn to be invisible.
Trainer is also impossible you can't learn to make people learn stuff without fail, you could be skilled at training people to increase the odds of them learning from you.

Parkour and Athletic are the same skill and are controlled by dexterity which you have 0 in as well.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:07:42 pm by PewdsRocks »
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 07, 2014, 05:09:26 pm »

Uhm Dagger storm is an attack not a skill.
Sonar hearing is impossible you can't learn to hear like a bat.
All seeing is also impossible you can't learn to have night vision or see through things.
Venom bite is also impossible, you can make poisons but you can't magic super poison out of thin air thats automatically better then other peoples you get the same poisons as any other poison maker.
Dark shroud is also impossible you can't learn to be invisible.
Trainer is also impossible you can't learn to make people learn stuff without fail, you could be skilled at training people to increase the odds of them learning from you.

Parkour and Athletic are the same skill and are controlled by dexterity which you have 0 in as well.

that realistic huh? Question: what skills ARE availiable to choose from? To me those are just skills assasins and rogues should be better at than people. Plus if you notice, they do have limitations. Such as sonar hearing being only possible when i'm in sneaking around. If im just walking around ambushing works normal, with ambushers having the first attack.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 07, 2014, 05:14:16 pm »

It's still a physical impossibility though.
However I can help you with the alternatives.

Sonar and All seeing would be Detection. Which is essentially being skilled at noticing little signs, picking out odd sounds or smells, seeing small things that are easily missed. Same skill I took.
Venom bite would just be Poison Making.
Dagger storm is an attack not a skill but you need to take Daggers as a skill if you want to be any good with them.
And Dual wield if you plan to wield 2.
Trainer would just be trainer and would just reduce odds of failure or increase odds of success.

That would give you.
Daggers.
Dual Wield.
Poison Making.
Detection.
Trainer.
Parkour/Athletics.
Economic Analyzer.
Stealth. ( Silent run except it covers more then just running. )

And leave you with 2 open spots.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: July 07, 2014, 05:19:25 pm »

Good actor (ability to play dead, tired, fake injuries, or even pretend to not be hurt at all.)

Duelist (when fighting someone one on one, you get a +5 to speed due to concentration)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:30:19 pm by 3man75 »

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 07, 2014, 05:30:16 pm »

Those 2 I'm not sure on. Since we don't have a skill or stat for reading people neither of them seems like it would work against a player.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 07, 2014, 05:30:43 pm »

Those 2 I'm not sure on. Since we don't have a skill or stat for reading people neither of them seems like it would work against a player.

GM what's your call?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 07, 2014, 06:26:33 pm »

Id say good actor would probably be a thing.

Duelist seems slightly OP to me.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: July 07, 2014, 06:41:26 pm »

When it's one on one. If your fighting with an ally or multiple enemies than you get no bonus.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: July 07, 2014, 06:43:28 pm »

You can't decide on the skills effects mate. You could take a skill for single combat but Blitz decides on what effects it has. But +5 for level 1 won't happen thats a serious bonus.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 06:45:45 pm by PewdsRocks »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: July 07, 2014, 06:46:29 pm »

You can't decide on the skills effects mate. You could take a skill for single combat but Blitz decides on what effects it has.

True but i don't want to make it OP because then i get:
Id say good actor would probably be a thing.

Duelist seems slightly OP to me.

...that shut down. I don't like being shutdown it hurts me.  :(

So i make it a very small universally liked #. In this case 5. Small and well, most games have multiples are 5 or 10.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 07, 2014, 06:47:55 pm »

Uhhh +5+10 is not a small modifier lol thats enormous even in a game with a d100.
Your likely to get a % chance per level up to a +1 then a +1 and % of +2 and so on.

1 suggestion instead of one of those 2 skills, you've got no crafting skills besides poison and you can't sell many poisons not many people will buy them. You may want another skill so you have something to sell to gain funds to devote to expanding.

Unless you want to make a deal with mine and Unholy's guild for raw ores or weaponry and armor to sell in exchange for a portion of whatever profits you make.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 06:51:20 pm by PewdsRocks »

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 89