Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 89

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO OOC thread  (Read 57124 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Stuck in an MMO OOC thread
« on: June 26, 2014, 06:28:03 am »

So, I was thinking of starting another game, this one based on the premise of being stuck in either an MMO, or a different genre of game. Currently checking for interest. If enough people are interested, I'll write up a ruleset and such.
Mechanics so far
-Ranged Weapons
 -Rapid Fire is possible
 -Can coat missiles and such in various potions.
-Races are purely cosmetic.
-Magic is restricted to support items.
-Guild are possible.
 -Getting people to join yours requires a convincing and appealing speech. Good reputation and being   friends also help.
 -Sub-guilds, or divisions, are a thing.
-Classes are merely bundles of equipment.
-You pick 10 skills like 'Cooking', 'One-handed swords' etc at the start, and then I review them and decide whether or not you get those, or should just pick one that's the exact same thing, etc.
-Sword Skills, aka Combos, are a thing.
-Town portals, which allow for teleportation between towns.
-Dying in the game causes you to die in IRL.
-Stats.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 05:02:49 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO Interest Check
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 06:35:43 am »

Will it be IRC or PBP?
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 06:39:54 am »

Depends. If all the players (and me) are in close enough time zones, IRC. If not, PBP.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 06:52:34 am »

Well PBP I'd be interested. My schedule is far to erratic for IRC.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 07:14:08 am »

I'd be up for PBP.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 07:34:01 am »

Depending on which one we pick, I'd write up fairly different sytems, since PBP is rather slow-paced when compared to IRC.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 08:22:04 am »

I'd be up for IIRC if the timezone's good. PBP would be fine as well.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 08:30:06 am »

So, 3 people. I'd like at least 4 at the start, but I'd be able to handle up to 8. Anyway, one of the differences between the PbP and IRC systems, would be weapon damage. Since PbP is rather slow-paced, weapons would deal more damage to compensate.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 08:46:05 am »

PBP is better for me.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 12:04:41 pm »

So, almost definitely PBP, and currently 4 people interested. That's the bare minimum, so yeah. Anyway, that leaves is with 4 open slots, and as such 4 votes. There's one person voting for both, though, so it's;
4 PBP, 1 IRC. We'll see what a few more days turns up.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 12:06:14 pm »

I'll join for PBP. Sword Art Online esque game! WOO!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 12:11:49 pm »

Well, definitely PBP anyway. Now, gotta start designing the system. Quick question: should this be like ALO, with the nine player races and magic that involves words, like SAO, with 0 classes, 1 race and the sword skill thing, or some other MMOish system?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 12:13:21 pm »

Hm... Maybe SAO, but with more ranged weapons then just throwing picks and literally throwing your weapon? There are also a lot more than just swords in the game, so it can work too.
[/quote]

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 12:14:46 pm »

If we go with the SAO-ish system, maybe I'll include stuff like sword beams that take an in-game day to recharge.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 12:15:23 pm »

Some sword skills acted like that already however.
[/quote]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 89