Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 89

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO OOC thread  (Read 57282 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #1050 on: July 07, 2014, 01:49:28 am »

We ready to start now that we've established blitz is the greedy CEO of a vr conglomerate?
OH NOES! However did you find out?!
It's totally because you dropped your Star Warriors RtD.
What does that have to do with him also being a politician due to his never giving a straight answer?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 07, 2014, 01:50:17 am »

We ready to start now that we've established blitz is the greedy CEO of a vr conglomerate?
What does that have to do with him also being a politician due to his never giving a straight answer?
Because he's toying with us right now and never intends to start the game! He's just gathering ideas for his evil plan!
Take a closer look at this text!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 07, 2014, 01:51:35 am »

Because he's toying with us right now and never intends to start the game! He's just gathering ideas for his evil plan!
Is it bad that i am legitimately afraid that this is a possibility?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 07, 2014, 01:54:53 am »

Welp, I was discovered. Gonna have to kill you guys now. Sorry.
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 07, 2014, 02:01:32 am »

Too bad. Start it, before...
The forums go down...
The new version will come out before this thing gets started, won't it? Bah!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 02:04:04 am by Lyeos »

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 07, 2014, 02:05:51 am »

Aight I am off for today. I BET THIS STARTS AS SOON AS I GET OFF. LYEOS DRINK ALL THE LIQOURS ALL OF THEM. Goodbye comrades. *Salutes while walking off into the distance*
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 07, 2014, 02:10:20 am »

You know, since it's a VR game, you'd think they'd settle for a greater degree of realism than most contemporary games. I mean, what's the point of VR if everything's just abstracted? You'd still feel your own guts.
Because ripping out your enemies' still-beating hearts and taking a bite out of them would be a no-no.
 :P
My point precisely.
Also, if kids are to play this game, what do you think would happen if they discovered internal organs in this?
Are you shitting me? What kind of parents would let their kids play a game that literally kills them?
I don't think you understand what VR means. Models, sprites, textures, animations etc. are not required. If it's linked into your nervous system with futuristic technology, it uses your movements, not pre-built animations.

This doesn't necessarily mean hitpoints and stuff are out. Slicing open someone's belly could just do a lot of HP damage. Like, getting impaled game mechanics-wise is a shitload of HP lost, but in terms of experience and narration it's more like "OH GOD MY SPLEEN."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 07, 2014, 02:13:37 am »

I think he was just making excuses for just not feeling like doing it, albeit poorly.  :P
I'm still for eating hearts, though.
Does this mean potions heal organs hanging out?  :o

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 07, 2014, 02:14:35 am »

You know, since it's a VR game, you'd think they'd settle for a greater degree of realism than most contemporary games. I mean, what's the point of VR if everything's just abstracted? You'd still feel your own guts.
Because ripping out your enemies' still-beating hearts and taking a bite out of them would be a no-no.
 :P
My point precisely.
Also, if kids are to play this game, what do you think would happen if they discovered internal organs in this?
Are you shitting me? What kind of parents would let their kids play a game that literally kills them?
I don't think you understand what VR means. Models, sprites, textures, animations etc. are not required. If it's linked into your nervous system with futuristic technology, it uses your movements, not pre-built animations.

This doesn't necessarily mean hitpoints and stuff are out. Slicing open someone's belly could just do a lot of HP damage. Like, getting impaled game mechanics-wise is a shitload of HP lost, but in terms of experience and narration it's more like "OH GOD MY SPLEEN."
That's kind of the thing, the parents don't know the game will kill them.
I'm aware of that, yes.
Do you seriously expect the game to include pain? At least, that's the impression I get from the experience thing.
Too bad. Start it, before...
The forums go down...
The new version will come out before this thing gets started, won't it? Bah!

New version?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 07, 2014, 02:15:57 am »

New version?
... Of Dwarf Fortress...?
You know, the thing the upper boards are mostly about?
That actually is coming soon.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 07, 2014, 02:18:31 am »

What's the point of it being VR if it works exactly like a click and keyboard game?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 07, 2014, 02:23:14 am »

What's the point of it being VR if it works exactly like a click and keyboard game?
I'm not sure I understand your point. How does it work exactly like a click and keyboard game?
New version?
... Of Dwarf Fortress...?
You know, the thing the upper boards are mostly about?
That actually is coming soon.
Oh, that. I saw what your post looked like at first an thought you were talking about a new version of the forums
Been waiting for it, actually. Hopefully, I can convince my grandfather to let me download it onto his laptop.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 07, 2014, 02:34:31 am »

>Everything is abstracted instead of realistic
>People don't experience events like they're actually there (No pain/physical feedback, etc.)
>No blood and gore despite combat taking place.
>Might as well be playing a conventional MMO with occulus rift and explosive collar. Probably Runescape.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 07, 2014, 02:36:32 am »

Pain isn't there. Physical feedback is.
Also, facial expressions and body language.
And smells and such.
It's simply the fact that most people don't play games to feel pain.
No blood or gore.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 07, 2014, 02:38:08 am »

Why not?
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 89