Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 89

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO OOC thread  (Read 57260 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #1065 on: July 07, 2014, 02:40:33 am »

Pain is an important part of physical feedback. You need to be able to tell if you're wounded. It gives you an immediate sensory motivation to not get hit, aside from the abstract notion of "I'll die if my game HP runs out." People don't play games to die either. It's what happens when you lose.

You don't have to have some kind of pain meter to keep track of for everyone, if that's what you're worried about.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 07, 2014, 02:46:58 am »

I vote we just start playing and tweak shit as necessary.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 07, 2014, 02:47:47 am »

Meh. Just RP it or some shit. I don't even care.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 07, 2014, 02:54:13 am »

Why are we arguing over backstory trivialities.

The goblins arent gonna lock themselves in barrels and roll down hills on their own.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 07, 2014, 06:37:56 am »

Why are we arguing over backstory trivialities.

The goblins arent gonna lock themselves in barrels and roll down hills on their own.

You see this is the kind of cruelty I can get behind.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 07, 2014, 09:09:22 am »

I am faintly disturbed that there was only 1 post while I was gone.
Anyway, everything and everyone good to go?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 07, 2014, 09:34:17 am »

My sheet is missing. Still don't have access but the modem repair ppl should be here any minute.

Or start without me if your anxious I understand.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 07, 2014, 11:15:40 am »

You can always join in progress.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 07, 2014, 11:17:38 am »

Come on guys. If this is anything like World of Warcraft, the DLC will become free after six months.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 07, 2014, 11:35:37 am »

Hah we have to survive 6 months first in a game that is actively trying to ensure our deaths. The only thing the DLC will bring for us is even more dangerous enemies to hunt us down. This game may become a case of building walls every few miles down the road to keep ground we've cleared secure or more and more dangerous enemies will just keep coming at us until they over run everything.

Or at the very least we're going to need to keep leaving groups of fighters or entire guilds behind us to secure territory we've taken or we stand no hope of winning. No matter how strong a guild sooner or later it's going to have to stop to rest and replace it's losses if the ground behind isn't secure then your going to lose a huge amount of progress.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:37:28 am by PewdsRocks »

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 07, 2014, 11:36:27 am »

Sounds like a normal fortress in DF.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 07, 2014, 11:38:57 am »

Well it just came to mind, so we're probably going to need to constantly leave weaker guilds behind to secure ground behind us and fortify it to ensure we don't just get forced backwards miles over and over.
The game has a limitless number of enemy to throw at us so fortifications are our only hope of holding our ground as we advance.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 07, 2014, 11:41:56 am »

Can we build an ivory tower?

GENERATION 29:

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 07, 2014, 11:43:34 am »

You could if you've got months just to gather enough ivory to build a tower that'll fall back down when something hits it.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 07, 2014, 11:56:21 am »

It's not that it'd be purposeful. It's just that I really want to build a tower out of ivory so that I can go "Yeah. I had the free time."

GENERATION 29:
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 89