Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Clash of the Casters - Decisions, decisions!  (Read 9409 times)

Lytia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clash of the Casters - Decisions, decisions!
« on: June 24, 2014, 09:50:37 pm »

Warning : Beginner GM here! This is my first RTD and I hope I get to learn about GM'ing throughout my time doing this.

Born everyday, Casters are blessed with a choice of what magic they'd like to have within their very palms. Given the opportunity at the age of ten, they are given unlimited choices in which their minds could imagine. Their decision is final, making it a bit more hard to choose. They may want to live the life of a farmer and take Harvest Magic as their choice. Maybe they want to join the valiant and choose re-quip magic as their choice.

You are now born a Caster, congratulations. You will wake up in a random spot in which I will generate with a dice.

Spoiler: Introduction (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Registration (click to show/hide)

Amount of spots available : 0
Amount of waiting spots available : 7
Amount of casualties : 0

Player List :
  • Name: Mark Zweihander
    Magic type: Echolocation Magic - Provides statistical bonuses to hearing. Negates most sight penalties. Allows the user to pinpoint sounds he/she has heard. Gives the user the ability to hear low quality sounds.
  • Name: Crimson
    Type of Magic: Lightning Magic - Provides statistical bonuses to damage by electricity. Allows the user to create a small storm that emits lightning in a given area.
  • Name: Starn Gundar
    Type of Magic: Disease Magic - Provides statistical bonuses to withstanding/getting diseases. Allows the user to change the strength of a disease that an organism already has. Allowing him/her to worsen the situation or make it better.
  • Name : Divi Dei
    Type of Magic: Boundary Magic - Provides statistical bonuses to escaping traps. Allows the user to manipulate nearby materials to form a boundary.
  • Name: Jason Caldwell
    Type of Magic: Earth Magic - Provides statistical bonuses when underground or surrounded by any natural material. Allows the user to manipulate nearby rocks, this excludes gems and metals.
  • Name: Magno Torres
    Type of Magic: Heat Magic - Provides statistical bonuses when under any heat. Allows the user to emit an aura of extreme heat.
  • Name: Lilian Klein
    Magic: Blood Magic - Provides statistical bonuses to bleeding. Allows the user to manipulate the blood of smaller organisms such as flies or rodents. Allows the user to manipulate their own blood.

Waiting List :

Casualties :
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 05:19:36 pm by Lytia »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Clash of the Casters - Decisions, decisions!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 09:58:16 pm »

Name: Mark Zweihander
Magic type: Sound. He controls sound. More specifically, the vibrations that make up sound.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 10:00:26 pm »

Name: Crimson
Type of Magic: Lightning Magic. Basically I can control the flow of electricity.

Also, good luck to being a GM.  ;D

blazing glory

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 10:05:39 pm »

Name: Starn Gundar
Type of Magic: Curses. (Can curse people with various effects,such as turning them into a animal or cursing them with incredible pain.)

Welcome to Bay12!

Lytia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 10:07:33 pm »

It may take some time to update the first page, trying to provide a balance to all your magic types.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 10:08:02 pm »

Name : Divi Dei
Age : You did not set a limit, sooooooo around ten thousand should do.
Type of Magic: Boundaries. (Metaphysical)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

blazing glory

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 10:09:43 pm »

And dibs on orange.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 10:13:23 pm »

Name: Jason Caldwell
Type of Magic: Earth Magic. You know, rocks, metals, gems, sand, dirt, things like that.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Lytia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 10:14:08 pm »

The Player list is full!

Lytia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 10:37:07 pm »

Updated Front Page.

Changed some of your magic, the reasons are listed below:

Sound -> Echolocation Magic : Sound is very powerful when you know how to use it. I had to nerf your capabilities.
Lightning Magic : Controlling the flow of lightning would allow for a lot of destruction. That's a no no.
Curses -> Disease Magic : The magic's idea was too broad, giving it an immense selection of powers.
Boundaries (Metaphysical) -> Boundary Magic : Yeah, become a meta-physician is not something I'd want to happen in such an early period of the game. It could be an evolution.
Earth Magic : I only limited you to the selection of materials you can manipulate.

The first post will be posted soon!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 10:41:58 pm »

I justify it by being around for longer than recorded history. :D

*Views my front page status* Well shit. Time to get creative with my wording.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 10:45:45 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GMArian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 10:50:43 pm »

Name: Arian
Type of Magic: Hyper-intuitive aptitude
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 11:43:24 pm by GMArian »

blazing glory

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 10:57:45 pm »

Will it be possible to change whatever magic we have? Because I'm not exactly going to be happy with Disease Magic.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 11:01:22 pm »

Name: Lilian Klein
Magic: Blood, or, more specifically, shaping blood. Shaping the blood in another living being would require high-tier magic, blood from recently deceased things or splatters on the ground is significantly easier. Capable of using own blood, but requires a cut on the body, and using it for anything large isn't viable, for obvious reasons. If that's not gonna be allowed, I dunno, Ice? Ice is pretty nice.

I just realized it looks like I'm copying TWoOtA. In a way. Dang it. I want this though.
Oh, and welcome to the forums!
Don't worry, we're only mildly insane down here.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 11:14:42 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

blazing glory

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 11:03:32 pm »

Also my current abilities seem rather useless,what are the chances that I'm going to fight someone who has a disease?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10