Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1249437 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 234 Wildfire
« Reply #7080 on: March 27, 2017, 11:22:13 pm »

Alright, let's do that again, 3 +5/+5s.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: March 28, 2017, 02:10:26 am »

Reenter the tower. Create boots which curse the ground they walk on, and then play essence roulette.

(To TowerCrew: I'm back in the game, probably, but PM coordination is terribly annoying so I'm not gonna rejoin the conversation. Feel free to poke me if you want to do a ritual, though.)
You guys have a pm network?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: March 28, 2017, 05:27:46 am »

((while I'm not a member of Team Tower, as someone who started another guild I can say that PM's are fairly good for secret planning))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: March 28, 2017, 01:37:08 pm »

Move one tile southeast, forming two essences.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: March 28, 2017, 04:09:02 pm »

Summon an aether-proof glass wall between the tower and the aether pool.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 04:16:41 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: March 28, 2017, 05:05:59 pm »

Try to blow back the magma (or that being a misinterpretation of my new blades power)/ cool the magma with the wind blade by repeatedly slashing the wind blade towards the burning aether.

((I think that magical wind if not powerful enough to push back the burning aether would still be able to cool, which would make the burning aether slow down more and possibly cool down to a solid rock))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: March 28, 2017, 07:58:02 pm »

((If anything I think it would cool down to a not-burning aether.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: March 29, 2017, 12:39:43 pm »

Well, I have one more idea for how I could help, but I'd probably need to set up a ritual and I honestly doubt I have the time for that given the current situation. Maybe I can work something out...

Gah, it figures that the one time chaos could really be an enormous lifesaver, I'm running out of helpful chaotic essences.

Cast another aura-type spell, with intent to form a bubble which partially covers the outside of the tower, skewed in the direction of the burning aether. Said bubble-shaped aura should raise the specific heat (I.E. temperature resistance) of the air within. 2 chaotic +1/+1 essences, 3 regular +1/+1.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 12:49:47 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 233 Surprise!
« Reply #7088 on: March 29, 2017, 02:48:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Redrum infused more necromantic energy into the hydra, the bindings becoming stronger, the movement becoming swifter. Still, it was sluggish but now at least it could support it's own weight well enough. This didn't sound impressive but the weight of a hydra, even skeletal one, was great enough to bulldoze through lighter troop formations.

((Oh wow, I was expecting the job to have been completed based on the rolls alone. Just how big is this thing?))

Redrum looked at his hydra with some criticism. It would take some more power to make it truly deadly, but once finished it would be frightening indeed. But for now, he needed more power. More and more, even if some escapes into the earth and comes back up as strange ooze that starts eating zombie remains. Alright, maybe not that much.
Capture the ooze, integrating the wild magic into the lantern's enchantments. [chaotic +1/+1], [chaotic +1]
Then make 2 new essences.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: March 29, 2017, 03:37:35 pm »

Use my frost dragon shout at the aether! To cool it down and push it away from the tower.
Then another 5/5 spell to expand the trench and wall, and another 0/0 spell to reinforce them.

The dragon shout only uses pot, not comp. So the first spell should have a -0/-1 and the second spell -1/-2.

My combination of aether resistance +2 armour, magic defense amulet, high endurance, and lack of self preservation should let me get much closer than most mages, making my frost breath and spells that much more effective.

Still, be ready to transform the omnicube into its survival pod just in case I need to. Magic can be unpredictable.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: March 30, 2017, 08:42:02 pm »

Turn 235

Doktor Diabolical:

"Eh. All that volcanic stuff won't reach me. Now then."

Doktor Diabolical takes the handles and tosses them into the factory, along with the other spare parts pile. He wants a railgun, blast it, and the factory will make it. Also, three essences. Also, punch-miner keeps mining.
((Shouldn't Doktor have some essences listed in the charsheet? In other news, Beast(Old King Coal's minion) is evidently still alive. Wonder what he's up to.))

{Fixed the essences}

Doktor tossed the handles and his remaining parts into the factory and began punching demands in a console on the side. The factory churned for a bit and coughed out a combination of blunderbuss and a railgun. Slow fire rate, devastating damage, can be reloaded with nearly anything. Well, usually it would be devastating damage. With coils as they were, this would be both somewhat inaccurate and go straight through people leaving tiny holes rather than crushing large pieces of them.

Reenter the tower. Create boots which curse the ground they walk on, and then play essence roulette.

(To TowerCrew: I'm back in the game, probably, but PM coordination is terribly annoying so I'm not gonna rejoin the conversation. Feel free to poke me if you want to do a ritual, though.)

Gloomy returned to the tower, his part done in the matter and decided to improve his shoes. It was well known fact that shoes were the second most important part of wizardly apparel after the hat, combining usefulness and unobtrusiveness. You could tell if a mage wasn't going to survive long if they paid no attention to shoes. For maximum style Gloomy went with boots that represented him openly, spewing out fell energies wherever they touched.

continue ritual, boost with 4 +1 pot essences and a +1/+1 essence

The magic was getting enthusiastic in Seva's hands and tried to run away as he infused a large portion into the ritual. Swiftly, Seva rebounded the escapee from a sacrifice back into the main mass, alas losing the sacrifice in the process.

Alright, let's do that again, 3 +5/+5s.

Magus sped up his weaving of spells and began firing them off with great power. The remainder of aether flowing directly towards the Tower was removed with the first spell but there were still the flanks. With a spell for each side Magus virtually removed any chance of the aether coming into contact with the Tower. Now only a relatively minor threat of what the burning magically active aether would do to the countryside remained.

Move one tile southeast, forming two essences.

Cuberac went slightly away from the edge of the world. It probably wasn't dangerous but the little voice that always recommends jumping when a man stands on a ledge was getting annoying. Desert gave way to far nicer grassland, which made up for approaching other, less desirable things.

Summon an aether-proof glass wall between the tower and the aether pool.

Gambler took some time conjuring up a large sheet of glass, so he was quite surprised that when it appeared there was nothing for it to block. All the burning aether flowing towards the Tower had vanished somewhere, though there was still plenty rolling through other places.

Try to blow back the magma (or that being a misinterpretation of my new blades power)/ cool the magma with the wind blade by repeatedly slashing the wind blade towards the burning aether.

((I think that magical wind if not powerful enough to push back the burning aether would still be able to cool, which would make the burning aether slow down more and possibly cool down to a solid rock))

Skeliborn opted to try his new blade at blowing the aether away. There was not so much of it left around here which allowed rather safer experiments which showed that no, the aether did not react to wind at all. It was unfair how it was all immaterial and yet still affected the material world.

Well, I have one more idea for how I could help, but I'd probably need to set up a ritual and I honestly doubt I have the time for that given the current situation. Maybe I can work something out...

Gah, it figures that the one time chaos could really be an enormous lifesaver, I'm running out of helpful chaotic essences.

Cast another aura-type spell, with intent to form a bubble which partially covers the outside of the tower, skewed in the direction of the burning aether. Said bubble-shaped aura should raise the specific heat (I.E. temperature resistance) of the air within. 2 chaotic +1/+1 essences, 3 regular +1/+1.

Chorkinaan, seeing that he could do little to stop the aether decided to work on stopping it's effects. It wasn't half as dangerous if it couldn't burn you. With that in mind, he set up a field just outside the Tower to block the path of the aether by making the air incredibly hard to heat. The trouble was, he succeeded really, really well. The air cooled down well below freezing and stayed that way, a feat which Chorkinaan suspected, would be difficult to do intentionally. Well, at least the fire wouldn't burn anyone, right?

Redrum infused more necromantic energy into the hydra, the bindings becoming stronger, the movement becoming swifter. Still, it was sluggish but now at least it could support it's own weight well enough. This didn't sound impressive but the weight of a hydra, even skeletal one, was great enough to bulldoze through lighter troop formations.

((Oh wow, I was expecting the job to have been completed based on the rolls alone. Just how big is this thing?))

Redrum looked at his hydra with some criticism. It would take some more power to make it truly deadly, but once finished it would be frightening indeed. But for now, he needed more power. More and more, even if some escapes into the earth and comes back up as strange ooze that starts eating zombie remains. Alright, maybe not that much.
Capture the ooze, integrating the wild magic into the lantern's enchantments. [chaotic +1/+1], [chaotic +1]
Then make 2 new essences.

{You have something like 600kg of hydra bone here. It has a cap on how much you can put into it without enchanting it with runes or magic bateries, but it's a pretty large cap.}

Redrum looked at the slime eating zombie remains and then smacked it with the lantern to stun it. Once stunned, it wasn't too hard to roll it into the lantern with a femur and bind it with some magic. But the binding spell... Well, now those in the lantern could have a choice between burning or drowning? The lesser of two evils? That didn't sit too well with Redrum but now he had the slime trapped.

Use my frost dragon shout at the aether! To cool it down and push it away from the tower.
Then another 5/5 spell to expand the trench and wall, and another 0/0 spell to reinforce them.

The dragon shout only uses pot, not comp. So the first spell should have a -0/-1 and the second spell -1/-2.

My combination of aether resistance +2 armour, magic defense amulet, high endurance, and lack of self preservation should let me get much closer than most mages, making my frost breath and spells that much more effective.

Still, be ready to transform the omnicube into its survival pod just in case I need to. Magic can be unpredictable.

{You have ran out of non-chaotic summoning essences}

There is a slight hitch in the plan, thought James. On one hand, showing off was a big part of what being mage was all about. On another, this would work much better if there was some aether remains to blast away. To dragonshout or not to dragonshout? He decided not to, for now. The trench though, that could be useful any day of the week and so that would get the planned expansion. More ground traveled through the warp to end up within six feet of where it started but the trench extend and so did the barricade.

No map since imgur is feeling uncooperative.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 234 The fire spreads
« Reply #7091 on: March 30, 2017, 08:43:29 pm »

Fire continues to Spread, but not towards the Tower. 173POT of aether remain.

PM's come tomorrow, map probably too if imgur fixes itself.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 235 The fire spreads
« Reply #7092 on: March 30, 2017, 09:39:30 pm »

Woah. It would seem that I accidentally not only raised the specific heat of the air, but also robbed it of a huge amount of energy. Well, that's chaos for you. Anyways, it seems like you all have the situation under control (not that I could contribute much more) so I'll head off and continue my experiments. Toodles!

Begin walking back towards the poison-oozing mushroom. Make three essences along the way.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: March 30, 2017, 10:37:41 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Oh, for goodness' sakes, get away from me!"

Doktor Diabolical loads his blunderbuss with the small parts pile. If the mage with the floating cubes doesn't move away from Doktor Diabolical, he fires it at the cube mage. Otherwise, he makes 3 essences.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: March 30, 2017, 10:45:50 pm »

Continue the ritual, boost with 2 +1/+2 essences and a +1/+1 essence(all non-chaotic)
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 506