Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1249433 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 233 Surprise!
« Reply #7065 on: March 26, 2017, 07:18:30 am »

Summon a blade that purifies the surrounding air and summons clean air in the radius surrounding it.

5 +1/+1 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: March 26, 2017, 07:26:51 am »

Use the cleaning cantrip to remove the magma of doom and the smoke/ash.  Spend my entire turn doing this.

+10 CMP +8 POT.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: March 26, 2017, 11:02:23 am »

((Um the maximum amount value of essences you can use in a spell is +5/+5))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: March 26, 2017, 12:28:12 pm »

Alright, caution to the wind then! Let's start slinging magic!

Attempt to weave an aura-type spell which raises the viscosity of any magma which enters it, stretched out like a wall between the tower and the magma flow. 2 chaotic +2/+1 essences, 2 +1 POT essences.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:09:08 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: March 26, 2017, 12:46:36 pm »

To the west is obviously downhill, since there's a body of water there. And not towards anything important. I'm gonna create a channel for the magma to flow that way.

Summon a trench-shaped clump of earth from the ground, and make the summoned dirt appear as walls to redirect the magma away from anywhere else. 5/5 essences. Then cast the same spell again to improve the trench and walls.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: March 26, 2017, 01:13:14 pm »

Ah, I see. But why not combine the physical with the magical?
Attempt to create a physicality-altering aura over the trench that Jase creates, at least covering the part which is most important for catching the magma before it can get to the tower, which decreases the viscosity of any magma passing over or into the trench and forcing it to flow more quickly towards the lake. 2 chaotic +2/+1 essences, 2 +1 POT essences.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: March 26, 2017, 07:20:16 pm »

scoop some of the mud up, begin a ritual to animate the mud on the floor below me into a flock of small birds, use the mud i grabbed and one of my (smaller)feathers as sacrifices
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: March 27, 2017, 10:34:02 am »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Now for some extra protection. Then I can get to industry."

Doktor Diabolical uses his +1/+1 essence and his +1 POT essence to assemble(0) the more recently created parts pile into a railgun(-?), then makes 2 essences.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Magic: Turn 233 Surprise!
« Reply #7073 on: March 27, 2017, 12:17:58 pm »

((So, this is apparently where I left off with the hydra reanimation project:))
Redrum blasted struggling undead hydra with more necrotic energy, allowing it to finally break free from the mud and plantlife. It stood ready to do battle, and although it was certainly big and tough, there were still some problems. Most of necrotic energy it had was spent just luging around the weight, leaving hydra slow, and if the struggle out of mud was any indication, weak.

Have another go at bringing this abomination into a glorious rebirth fitting to one of its kind, using 4 +1/+1 essences to hopefully get the job done. Follow up with the crafting of a single essence.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: March 27, 2017, 06:54:40 pm »

Turn 234

Move up one tile, and form an essence.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cuberac left the humid mushroom forest and ventured further north. Before him opened a plain of stone with deep cracks marring otherwise flat surface. There were glints of reflected light coming from the cracks, revealing numerous gemstones that had somehow formed within the stone.

Enchant? SPD all the way!

Use the sword: test its power by slashing a deep cut in the ground through which liquid should refuse to flow. If successful, do so at maximum scale possible, averting doom from encroaching onto the Tower while letting it splash outwards!

((Hope I guessed it right; can I change sword action mid-way if it does not work?))

Ao enchanted his own speed to minimize danger of what he was about to undertake and cut a trench in front of encroaching aether with his blade. The aether fell into the shallow trench and soon overflowed, continuing on it's way without any trouble. So it did not work like that, good to know.

{Ao, Speed boost, +1SPD}

Curse the expanding dome of doom with slowness of expansion, using... let's say five +1/+1 essences, since I'm pretty sure I have that many. If necessary, leave the tower to walk closer. If I can't cast the spell for whatever reason, play essence roulette.

{It's not a dome, it's more magmalike, but the slowing spell should work. Also, you did not have 5 +1/+1 essences, others were used instead.}

Gloomy, seeing that this whole wave of fire thing was rather nasty and also comming his way tossed out a curse of slowness at it. It was a clasicall curse, long since perfected and it wrapped around the incoming wave beautifully, cutting it's speed from that of oil to that of magma. There, now the Tower would have a few minutes before it had to face this.

Summon a blade that purifies the surrounding air and summons clean air in the radius surrounding it.

5 +1/+1 essences

Skeliborn, knowing which was the more dangerous in a volcanic explosion, conjured a blade so holy that it purified the very air. Well, less holy more windy, as it was a blade that constantly expelled air, quite deadly if stabbed deep into someone.

Use the cleaning cantrip to remove the magma of doom and the smoke/ash.  Spend my entire turn doing this.

+10 CMP +8 POT.

{You can't use more than +5/+5 for a spell, but you can cast multiple spells, so I'll just treat this as you casting 2 spells with +5/+4}

Magus saw that it was his time to shine. He had the power. He had the magic into which to funnel that power. With a flick of his wrist a mass of incoming burning aether vanished along with some ground under it. With a sharp command another chunk vanished, never to be seen again. In an instant, over half of the aether flowing towards the Tower was neutralized.

To the west is obviously downhill, since there's a body of water there. And not towards anything important. I'm gonna create a channel for the magma to flow that way.

Summon a trench-shaped clump of earth from the ground, and make the summoned dirt appear as walls to redirect the magma away from anywhere else. 5/5 essences. Then cast the same spell again to improve the trench and walls.

James, seeing that the aether at least followed some of the physical law and flowed over the earth rather than through it swiftly conjured barricades, redirecting the flow away from the Tower. The area to cover was too big to cover all in one go but he could manage to redirect all of that which was still going directly towards the Tower in the general direction of "away".

Ah, I see. But why not combine the physical with the magical?
Attempt to create a physicality-altering aura over the trench that Jase creates, at least covering the part which is most important for catching the magma before it can get to the tower, which decreases the viscosity of any magma passing over or into the trench and forcing it to flow more quickly towards the lake. 2 chaotic +2/+1 essences, 2 +1 POT essences.

Chorkinaan joined in on making the trenches and the barricades, coating them with physicality magic to swiften the departure of this danger. There was little for it to do as this was burning aether, which was about as far as one could get from being a physical object, but molten ground beneath was also a problem to deal with which was within his capability.

scoop some of the mud up, begin a ritual to animate the mud on the floor below me into a flock of small birds, use the mud i grabbed and one of my (smaller)feathers as sacrifices

There were many craftsmen who at some point in their lives made clay doves. Seva went for a similar approach and began a ritual to conjure birds of mud.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Now for some extra protection. Then I can get to industry."

Doktor Diabolical uses his +1/+1 essence and his +1 POT essence to assemble(0) the more recently created parts pile into a railgun(-?), then makes 2 essences.

Doktor was going through a bit of confusion. The idea of a railgun was that the coils would magnetize in order and create a magnetic field that would send a magnetic pellet forwards at absurd speeds. It was not supposed to send the coils forward at absurd speeds, leaving him holding two chunks of metal that were handles.

((So, this is apparently where I left off with the hydra reanimation project:))
Redrum blasted struggling undead hydra with more necrotic energy, allowing it to finally break free from the mud and plantlife. It stood ready to do battle, and although it was certainly big and tough, there were still some problems. Most of necrotic energy it had was spent just luging around the weight, leaving hydra slow, and if the struggle out of mud was any indication, weak.

Have another go at bringing this abomination into a glorious rebirth fitting to one of its kind, using 4 +1/+1 essences to hopefully get the job done. Follow up with the crafting of a single essence.

Redrum infused more necromantic energy into the hydra, the bindings becoming stronger, the movement becoming swifter. Still, it was sluggish but now at least it could support it's own weight well enough. This didn't sound impressive but the weight of a hydra, even skeletal one, was great enough to bulldoze through lighter troop formations.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 234 Wildfire
« Reply #7075 on: March 27, 2017, 06:57:40 pm »

The fire continues to spread but as the territory it covers increases the density decreases accordingly, making it easier to deal with in local scale. Total 208 POT worth of burning aether remains.

PM's come tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: March 27, 2017, 07:54:55 pm »

continue ritual, boost with 4 +1 pot essences and a +1/+1 essence
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: March 27, 2017, 08:13:14 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Eh. All that volcanic stuff won't reach me. Now then."

Doktor Diabolical takes the handles and tosses them into the factory, along with the other spare parts pile. He wants a railgun, blast it, and the factory will make it. Also, three essences. Also, punch-miner keeps mining.
((Shouldn't Doktor have some essences listed in the charsheet? In other news, Beast(Old King Coal's minion) is evidently still alive. Wonder what he's up to.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: March 27, 2017, 11:00:09 pm »

Reenter the tower. Create boots which curse the ground they walk on, and then play essence roulette.

(To TowerCrew: I'm back in the game, probably, but PM coordination is terribly annoying so I'm not gonna rejoin the conversation. Feel free to poke me if you want to do a ritual, though.)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 11:03:38 pm by Elephant Parade »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: March 27, 2017, 11:15:16 pm »

Oh, so it's not lava, but burning aether. That complicates things. This may be the time for me to excuse myself... I need a moment to contemplate some things.
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 506