Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1249722 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 227 Strangely mundane
« Reply #6975 on: March 05, 2017, 05:47:55 pm »

I think you did it again.
?

I've had characters live and die in this game before, if that's what you're wondering.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6976 on: March 06, 2017, 01:48:29 pm »

Turn 228

Doktor Diabolical:

"At this rate, I'll break my record for longest streak of no safety loss."

Doktor Diabolical continues... and says a quick prayer with the intent of contacting the nearest luck god or goddess. Because seriously, what the heck.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doktor continued pouring power into the aether matrix and it continued being stable. This was really weird. He even tempted fate by talking about how lucky he was. It was about time to contact proper authorities. A short prayer to gods of luck later a jinn appeared with an outrageous mustache and a massive ledger. "Doktor Diabolical, due to some error in paperwork you were assigned excess bad luck three years ago." He looks at your uncomprehending face. "Remember when you were trying to make a machine that allows you to have toast before you toast it? Yeah, that was it. So you are getting some extra good fortune now to compensate. Oh, and you also should get a minor gift as an excuse for inconvenience. There you go." With that, he snaps his fingers and disappears. You can feel the aether matrix strengthen.

+1 Ritual sacrifice.

Chorkinaan looked suspiciously at Markus, eyes squinted with judgement...

I've got my eye on you. This had better not turn out to be another dragonman incident, because the moment you misuse even a single 'bot out of that mass...

Well, suffice to say, I know how to make gray goo a lot less viscous. And when that happens, what hope do you have?

Chorkinaan exits the gates, shooting cautionary glances back at Markus every few steps, and plots a course for the mysterious giant mushrooms he saw from the craggy area in which he met his not-victim. 3 essences along the way.

Wait, dragonman... That's literally exactly how that enormous prismatic dragon ended up destroying the last island, isn't it? Mimic heart and all, I bet. Ugh... Well, history repeats itself.

Chorkinaan gave Markus benefit of the doubt and left. Looking back all the way of course, he might not be planning to destroy the island but he did not make that ax to cut trees, that's for sure. Grass was replaced by gravel which was replaced by sand. The mushroom land shouldn't be too far away.

Let's look for some artifacts, then.  Or explore a little more.  3 Essences.

Magus continued wandering through the Tower's corridors, looking for something to catch his attention but the Tower seemed strangely dormant. No strange doors were found, no strange illusions appeared and no strange monsters emerged. It was somewhat disconcerting.

Retry, adding 2 +1/+1 essences and 1 chaotic +1/+1 essence.

This time, with some extra force added in, Cuberac was far more successful. Three beak plates split into hypercubes,mixing hard sharpened edges and elastic, damage absorbent insides. Instant swarm, just add magic.

3 essences

Skeliborn continued gathering power. It would be useful one way or another.

Another 4 essences

Gambler continued gathering power and waiting for others to gather. This was taking a while, but tthen again he'd need time to prepare anyways.

Go down the ladder, crystal phoenix first as before

There is more mud downstairs, reaching up to Seva's knees, but it was both thinner and without strange properties of mud upstairs, keeping it traversable. There were two exits from this room, along with whatever this thick layer of mud could hide. There was a lot of dirt to uncover.

Main portal flared to life again, depositing a new mage into what was supposed to be a meatgrinder. His name was Urghe-Ongho, a man of brutish features and great innate magic talent. Despite his lack of any formal training he struck fear into hearts of enemies of his horde. Now he came to strike fear into hearts of mages that gathered here. He left immediately towards nearby mountains, not willing to stay in the exposed plains.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 02:02:57 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: March 06, 2017, 01:53:23 pm »

Can I get a quick summary of what's going on?

Were any rule changes made since I left?

What is the last thing you remember?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 228 Welcome Back
« Reply #6978 on: March 06, 2017, 01:56:20 pm »

Three essences, more exploring!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6979 on: March 06, 2017, 02:20:08 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Huh. Knew temporal mechanics were possible. Really should have continued working on that, I guess. Oh well."

Doktor continues the matrix.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: March 06, 2017, 02:24:31 pm »

Hmm... Y'know, come to think of it, deserts tend to have some interesting treasure as well.

Take a detour and explore the desert. +3 essences.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6981 on: March 06, 2017, 03:02:59 pm »

I made a dome of heat, and Jase decided to siphon power from it. I responded by trying to drain power from him via his siphon line, didn't I?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: March 06, 2017, 03:11:59 pm »

I made a dome of heat, and Jase decided to siphon power from it. I responded by trying to drain power from him via his siphon line, didn't I?
((It's funny because that isn't what Jase did. And no, I'm still not telling you what he did unless there's something in it for me.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6983 on: March 06, 2017, 03:29:58 pm »

Now make it mobile, using 2 +1 POT essences and 2 +1 CMP essences.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: March 06, 2017, 06:43:35 pm »

3 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6985 on: March 07, 2017, 09:52:08 pm »

3 Essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: March 09, 2017, 07:21:47 pm »

Turn 229

Three essences, more exploring!

Magus continued exploring the Tower and found himself fortunate. He wandered off into the library and found the Librarian waiting for him with a book in his arms. He gave it to Magus who read its name. "Everyday cantrips for starters" Writing on the back guaranteed that even a junior mage could learn a spell within an hour. With his talent, Magus would probably be capable of learning them in minutes.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Huh. Knew temporal mechanics were possible. Really should have continued working on that, I guess. Oh well."

Doktor continues the matrix.

Doktor continued pouring power into the matrix which continued being stable. Now, the experiments with flux toaster took about a week. This luck probably wasn't going to last a week. It would be too good to be true. Too meta-lucky. Lucky squared? Double lucky? Probably some expert somewhere would know the name for this but Doktor was not that expert.

Hmm... Y'know, come to think of it, deserts tend to have some interesting treasure as well.

Take a detour and explore the desert. +3 essences.

It turns out that desert contains mostly sand. Occasionally, it contained small scorpions that skittered away from Chorkinaan. Once, it contained quicksand, forcing Chorkinaan to do some quick acrobatics to get on some more semi-solid surface. But mostly it was just sand.

Now make it mobile, using 2 +1 POT essences and 2 +1 CMP essences.

The good news was that the cubes were flying. The neutral news were that they were flying into things. The bad news was that Cuberac had very little say about which things were flown into. The cubes flew with 90 degrees error rates.They could go straight right when sent forwards. There was a saying about magic being more art than science but this was ridiculous.

3 essences

Skeliborn continued gathering magical strength.

3 Essences.

Gambler continued collecting power.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 09:19:02 pm by DreamerGhost »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 229 The weather is nice
« Reply #6987 on: March 09, 2017, 07:27:55 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Hm. Hmmmm. Okay, enough is enough."

Detonate the aether matrix!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6988 on: March 09, 2017, 08:17:43 pm »

climb back up the ladder and push the mud on the top floor down the hole with my shovel, checking for anything in the mud while doing this (not dropping anything other than mud in the hole is more important that sweeping mud into the hole)
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6989 on: March 09, 2017, 09:58:46 pm »

Read the boooook.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 506