Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1249648 times)

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 226 New team of artisans begins
« Reply #6960 on: March 02, 2017, 07:43:28 pm »

"I'm not going to destroy the island like this. I'm using this because it's useful for a heck of a lot of things. The worst that will happen is some random place on the island where no one has set foot gets tunneled through or terraformed."

Grab a rock and throw it into the grey goo. Use my controller to direct the goo to strategically consume it so as to carve it, creating a somewhat small stone dagger.

Markus theatrically plucks the dagger from the goo and offers it to Chorkinaan for examination.

"You see my point?"

Then, use a spell to add more functionality to the grey goo, giving it the ability to reshape itself by moving and compressing/decompressing mass. Use one +1+1 essence, one +1 POT essence, and one +1 CMP essence.

Three essences afterwards.
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 226 New team of artisans begins
« Reply #6961 on: March 02, 2017, 08:40:17 pm »

Turn 227

Doktor Diabolical:

"More than slightly ridiculous. Hm. I'll collapse it the first time I lose a safety. How about that..."

Ridiculous streak of luck continues.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In many alternative universes, the streak of luck ended as soon as Doktor decided to stop when his streak did. In this one, the fickle fates seemed to be bent on making him break this promise, as aether matrix continued pooling energy without a single flaw attempting to enter its structure.

Three essences, if I'm not doing anything else.  Then, Idunno, wander the Tower?

Magus N.A. rose from his meditation and ventured out into the tower. He had enough power now, and thus came the next step, finding an idea. The tower seemed to completely fail for once, showing only purple corridors. But as he walked, an idea formed in Magus' head, the tower was an amalgamation of many types of magic being held together by aether. This being a duel grounds for mages, it was quite likely that there were various magical treasures everywhere. If he took over magic of a dozen types, what could be done to defend from them?

Huh. A chemistry lab, eh? Well, that's nice... Too bad I specialize in the strictly physical as opposed to the chemical. Well, I've been in here for a few minutes. I wonder how things are going outside?

Chorkinaan makes three essences and exit the tower... then gawks at the gray goo that's formed outside.

OH MY- th-that's gray Goo! who the hell is responsible for-...?

Chorkinaan points a finger intensely at Markus.

You there! Are you the one who's responsible for this disaster!?

Chorkinaan, having finished his deals in the Tower, went outside to see the sun. And also what other mages had been up to. Mostly what other mages had been up to, but all that purple couldn't be good for the eyes. And as it turned out they were up to a whole lot. Someone had left gray goo by the entrance. Most irresponsible, it would eat the island within the day at this rate. Half hour average lifespan of a mage here notwithstanding, this probably also counted as littering. There was someone here, wielding an ax that looked kinda like nanobots who was probably responsible. Being environmental sort, Chorkinaan decided to go to a lengthy debate about what he did was wrong. Or stab the guy. Really, whichever was more convenient.

try to move the mud aside slowly with the shovel, grabbing anything interesting I see before the mud flows back, do this in as many places as possible

Seva put some more effort in shoveling muck, but little progress could be made. That persisted, until one particularly hard shovelful turned out to had been caught by an edge of a trapdoor. As Seva pulled the shovel and the trapdoor up, a ladder was revealed leading down into yet another dark room.

Attempt to shape the beak into a cluster of hyperbladecubes.

Cuberac, seeing exceptional hardness of the beak that was meant to dig through stone decided to do what anyone else would do in the situation; weaponize it. This plan ran into a slight hurdle in that the beak was so hard that the spell pretty much did absolutely nothing.

4 essences

Skeliborn, now experienced in multipersonal rituals knew what these things really needed. Power reserves. So power reserves he forged, pulling in power and hoping that any potential self harm would not start a loop with Blademail.

5 essences.

Gambler, by the example of Skeliborn, began also conjuring some power reserves. There were many things he wanted and this was going to be a trade paid with power.

"I'm not going to destroy the island like this. I'm using this because it's useful for a heck of a lot of things. The worst that will happen is some random place on the island where no one has set foot gets tunneled through or terraformed."

Grab a rock and throw it into the grey goo. Use my controller to direct the goo to strategically consume it so as to carve it, creating a somewhat small stone dagger.

Markus theatrically plucks the dagger from the goo and offers it to Chorkinaan for examination.

"You see my point?"

Then, use a spell to add more functionality to the grey goo, giving it the ability to reshape itself by moving and compressing/decompressing mass. Use one +1+1 essence, one +1 POT essence, and one +1 CMP essence.

Three essences afterwards.

Markus sighed as another skeptic appeared just after he had managed to convince the previous one. Maybe a practical example would help to get rid of them. He threw a stone at the gray goo and ordered it to carve out a small stone dagger. The other side did not seem too convinced. Well, he could also carve the truth on his skull, maybe that would help. Markus had better stuff to do and enchanted the goo to be able to move like a slime. An extra omnivorous slime, but an adorable one nonetheless.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 227 Strangely mundane
« Reply #6962 on: March 02, 2017, 08:56:47 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"At this rate, I'll break my record for longest streak of no safety loss."

Doktor Diabolical continues... and says a quick prayer with the intent of contacting the nearest luck god or goddess. Because seriously, what the heck.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: March 02, 2017, 10:00:29 pm »

Chorkinaan looked suspiciously at Markus, eyes squinted with judgement...

I've got my eye on you. This had better not turn out to be another dragonman incident, because the moment you misuse even a single 'bot out of that mass...

Well, suffice to say, I know how to make gray goo a lot less viscous. And when that happens, what hope do you have?

Chorkinaan exits the gates, shooting cautionary glances back at Markus every few steps, and plots a course for the mysterious giant mushrooms he saw from the craggy area in which he met his not-victim. 3 essences along the way.

Wait, dragonman... That's literally exactly how that enormous prismatic dragon ended up destroying the last island, isn't it? Mimic heart and all, I bet. Ugh... Well, history repeats itself.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: March 02, 2017, 10:15:00 pm »

Let's look for some artifacts, then.  Or explore a little more.  3 Essences.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 03:14:48 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: March 02, 2017, 11:02:11 pm »

Retry, adding 2 +1/+1 essences and 1 chaotic +1/+1 essence.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: March 04, 2017, 08:10:38 am »

3 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: March 04, 2017, 01:07:20 pm »

Another 4 essences
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: March 04, 2017, 05:01:47 pm »

Go down the ladder, crystal phoenix first as before
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: March 05, 2017, 01:21:38 pm »

Let's take a crack at this again, shall we?

Name: Urghe-Ongho (Urg for short)
Stats: Pm'd
Affinity: Pm'd
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6970 on: March 05, 2017, 01:31:28 pm »

Whoops, posted in the wrong place.

For clarification, I mean this post, not the previous one.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 01:55:10 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: March 05, 2017, 01:38:48 pm »

Where was the right place?
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: March 05, 2017, 01:54:46 pm »

Where was the right place?
Toaster's new Perplexicon game.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: March 05, 2017, 01:56:19 pm »

Can I get a quick summary of what's going on?

Were any rule changes made since I left?

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: March 05, 2017, 05:41:36 pm »

I think you did it again.
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 506