Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1249856 times)

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 222 Sorcerous craftsmen
« Reply #6915 on: February 13, 2017, 07:53:02 pm »

"Relax, I have it under control. And, at worst, it will take the nanobots half a day to consume the island. Plenty of time for a group of powerful mages to get it under control."
4 more essences.
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: February 14, 2017, 06:26:27 am »

Dkeliborn and Chorkinaan continued assembling the blademail.

Dkeliborn and Chorkinaan

Dkeliborn

Dk

((Good god, my chaotic form has gone haywire! I've turned Skelliborn into an ape!))

Continue the ritual. Essences this turn: 1 +1/+2, 1 +1/+1, 3 +1 CMP.
Bananas. Wait, I mean blades. But bannanas...
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: February 14, 2017, 03:25:49 pm »

Magically cube the beak,using 2 +1/+1 essences.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: February 14, 2017, 03:33:48 pm »

Continue The ritual using:

2 Chaotic Blade essence +2/+2
1 Blade essence +1/+1
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: February 16, 2017, 07:01:15 pm »

I got in an argument on the internet that I shouldn't had gotten into and am now too mad to make a turn. Apologies, turn will come tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: February 16, 2017, 07:29:56 pm »

Easter Sunday searches the surrounding area for food for his newly hatched wasps.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: February 17, 2017, 06:20:13 am »

I got in an argument on the internet that I shouldn't had gotten into and am now too mad to make a turn. Apologies, turn will come tomorrow.
((Isn't there an xkcd for this?))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: February 17, 2017, 03:12:25 pm »

Four essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: February 17, 2017, 05:54:15 pm »

Turn 223

Doktor Diabolical:

"That settles it. Next time I do this, I'm definitely preparing with more essences beforehand."

Aether resonance matrix hopefully reaches completion. Though Doktor might keep it going after it completes, just for a bit more power.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doktor was about to start rushing all the power he could manage to speed this up but chose to pause. He still had full protection of sacrifices but it wouldn't do to abuse it. He was close and he would reach the goal steadily, not explode one step from victory.

2 more essences, keep digging, try to find a way in

Seva continued digging through dirt, pushing out rocks and tearing through roots. Soon he found something interesting. There was a hatch on the roof, probably for maintenance, also gold plated and unlocked. Well, he hit it with the shovel by accident and it fell inwards, so probably unlocked. But that the hatch had space to fall into was a good sign, there was at least some space inside the structure that wasn't flooded by mud. Although the darkness inside was preventing Seva from seeing anything more concrete.

"Relax, I have it under control. And, at worst, it will take the nanobots half a day to consume the island. Plenty of time for a group of powerful mages to get it under control."
4 more essences.

{Navy color is taken by Seva/DAPARROT. If you want it, you'll have to kill him}

Marcus knew well that there were many non-apocalyptic uses of nanobots. Building things for example. Any kinds of things, from weapons to armor to decorative 16th century dwarven beard ornaments. If this newly met mage could listen for a bit, what wonders he could tell him.

Magically cube the beak,using 2 +1/+1 essences.

Cuberac, seeing that physical attacks were doing little damage to creature's tough shell, grabbed for magic. Thin lines appeared on the extra hard beak, marking it as a fisherman's web. Then, Cuberac was forced to dodge again as the spell did absolutely nothing besides the marks.

((Good god, my chaotic form has gone haywire! I've turned Skelliborn into an ape!))

Continue the ritual. Essences this turn: 1 +1/+2, 1 +1/+1, 3 +1 CMP.
Continue The ritual using:

2 Chaotic Blade essence +2/+2
1 Blade essence +1/+1

{It is a good thing that humans are already apes, otherwise Skeliborn would have some trouble. Though he should still look over his essences, they are not bananas and haven't grown in his absence.}

Skeliborn and Chorkinaan continued pouring massive amounts of power into their new creation. The blades that made up the sacrifices were no longer truly there, they would still burn up any surges but the matter that made them up was already claimed by the spell.

Four essences.

Gambler looked over Markus who was explaining that this gray goo was totally not a weapon of mass destruction designed to destroy the island and kill everyone on it. It was almost amusing, in an entirely unbelievable story being told in a pub kind of way.

Easter Sunday searches the surrounding area for food for his newly hatched wasps.

Markus walked about the Tower for a bit searching for meat. The larvae were carnivorous, same as the wasps themselves and there did not seem to be anything edible around, meaty or otherwise. Really, the only thing even remotely edible in the Tower was other wizards.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: February 17, 2017, 05:55:35 pm »

((Isn't there an xkcd for this?))

Would not surprise me, there is an xkcd for everything else.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 223 Ongoing Operations
« Reply #6925 on: February 17, 2017, 08:19:09 pm »

send the crystal phoenix in first for light, if it's safe go inside
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6926 on: February 17, 2017, 08:54:34 pm »

Continue the ritual:

3 Chaotic blade essences +1/+1
1 Blade essences +2/+1

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: February 17, 2017, 09:48:06 pm »

Continue the ritual. 3 +1 cmp essences.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6928 on: February 17, 2017, 10:46:07 pm »

Strengthen my bladecubes, and attack the worm's hide.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: February 18, 2017, 07:15:26 am »

send the crystal phoenix in first for light, if it's safe go inside

Your crystal bird is not phoenix. The spell you used to turn it into one exploded into your face rather than work.
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 506