Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1245843 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 172 Loot and Exploration
« Reply #5610 on: July 22, 2016, 07:10:20 pm »

Force enemy to only attack with punches
Hmm.

Make self immune to punches
HMM.

Punch item into existence or out of existence
I'm sorry, what

LOTS AND LOTS OF MAGICAL PUNCHES(fire punch, frost punch, mind control punch, healing punch, earthquake punch...)
glad we could end on a high note; for a moment, I thought your last power would be reasonable

I will be incredibly surprised if this makes it in un-nerfed.

Oh. I had missed the spell list. Tell you what, If you have watched One Punch Man, there is your available spell list. If not, you should watch it, it's great. Basically, anything that begins and ends at your fist meeting something at a velocity is in your spellbook. You can change the velocity and the something and your fist can be enchanted in itself but not transmit any actual magic to the something.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: July 22, 2016, 07:17:42 pm »

((Yeah sure, though I would like to argue for one more spell type: punching anything(concept, soul, air, normally intangible things).))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: July 22, 2016, 07:37:11 pm »

((Might as well change your affinity to "music" like ATHATH.))

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: July 22, 2016, 10:09:38 pm »

-cool character snip-
((What about PUNCHcards? Beating people to the PUNCH? Hey, wasn't there that song about 99 bottles of PUNCH on the wall?
...I'm sorry, the non-combat uses of the word PUNCH are just too hilarious. And I haven't even said the PUNCHline yet! ...Oh wait.

This'll be interesting.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: July 23, 2016, 01:40:19 am »

((I smell the "I cast Fist" meme.

To be fair, i also thought "Midas's Fist" and (DCSS refrence)"Lehudib's Crystal Fist".))

((Oh, and did i forget that i once said "Cover your fist with your affinity and apply to opponent's face"?))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: July 23, 2016, 06:45:26 am »

((Yeah sure, though I would like to argue for one more spell type: punching anything(concept, soul, air, normally intangible things).))

Sure, that works under "enchant own fist"
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: July 23, 2016, 07:03:52 am »

Attempt to shape the bar into a large crescent and bisect the skeletons.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: July 23, 2016, 12:11:22 pm »

Skeliborn

Action:
make 4 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: July 23, 2016, 02:03:43 pm »

Cancel the ritual and store accumulated power into remaining sacrifice like talked over PM.
Use essences: 2 +1 POT and 2 +1/+1.
Can't afford to fail here.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: July 23, 2016, 05:07:00 pm »

Retroactively spawn in on turn 171 and perform my auto-actions on each turn from then until the present.

What exactly is happening with FoU? From what I can tell... He's silenced and possibly mind-controlled?

Emit the Artist's Call, a call that sounds quite like the death moans of a blue whale, that can only produced by true artists. This is a mundane action, by the way.

If FoU is still silenced, use Major Blood Magic to give him the ability to speak, but only in 90's song lyrics (the extent of my power only goes so far).

If the Muse (?) is still tormenting FoU, use a magically boosted (4 +1/+1 essences) song to appease it enough for it to stop tormenting him.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: July 23, 2016, 05:08:36 pm »

Also...

Yay, I killed someone, knocked someone else unconscious, and gave a third guy Ebola!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: July 23, 2016, 05:10:01 pm »

Retroactively spawn in on turn 171 and perform my auto-actions on each turn from then until the present.

What exactly is happening with FoU? From what I can tell... He's silenced and possibly mind-controlled?

Emit the Artist's Call, a call that sounds quite like the death moans of a blue whale, that can only produced by true artists. This is a mundane action, by the way.

If FoU is still silenced, use Major Blood Magic to give him the ability to speak, but only in 90's song lyrics (the extent of my power only goes so far).

If the Muse (?) is still tormenting FoU, use a magically boosted (4 +1/+1 essences) song to appease it enough for it to stop tormenting him.

The retroactive adding offer timed out the moment Turn 172 came out. As you can guess from FoU's new character sheet, Mista J is dead.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: July 23, 2016, 05:14:54 pm »

Aw.

Search for a friend. Perform my auto-action.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: July 24, 2016, 07:58:06 pm »

Turn 173

Continue moving northwest, create 2 essences.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cuberac headed out into the snow fields to the northwest. He took one step and stopped. It was as if an invisible wall had been drawn in the snow, separating livable part of the island and the absolutely uninhabitable climate of the snow fields. It was cold enough to freeze to death in minutes, not to mention that any sort of expedition into the snow would be exceptionally slow due to both the cold and the terrain.

Order my swarm of wasps to go hunting for creatures and bring the bodies back to me. Create 4 essence.

Easter Sunday sent out his wasps and began focusing power while they were gone. The wasps soon returned carrying small animals and insects. Even though the swarm could fell even a fairly large creatures, there was a limit on what they could carry even as a team. The largest creature wasps managed to carry back was a rather fat rabbit. Some of the wasps did not return, presumably captured by their desired prey. Luckily, as Sunday's magic scattered after escaping his hands it caught onto several other wasps, which congregated on the collected meat, only to join into the swarm, captured by magic keeping it together.

Wake up and get rid of that damn poison with 5/5 essences.

James woke up from a half dream he had sunken into and shook his head to get back to full consciousness. That was dangerous, he could had very well had never woken up from such a nap. Not willing to have to test this ever again, James purged all poison from his system. It congealed on nearby grass as greenish goo.

Oh? A-ha! That's one lucky mutation! Well, if I'm interpreting what I'm hearing correctly, it sounds like we lost somebody. My deepest apologies. Either way, excellent work, everybody. That was almost a cataclysmic disaster, but the disaster only ended up being mildly catastrophic. I shudder to think what would've happened if the beholder got the rest of that eternity. Now, then, it looks like the poison is starting to get to James. You there, I believe you go by The Gambler? Can you cast a spell which will improve James' luck with the poison? Besides that, if we're all a team now, we might want to go someplace secure. If that tower is yours, I don't think it'd be a good place to go; last I saw, some weird man who couldn't stop singing painted an opening on the gates. I can only imagine what chaos has been happening since then.

Chorkinaan stands up, still warily watching all mutations, and experimentally attempts to bend his knee and elbow the wrong way. +4 essences.

Chorkinaan looked himself over and checked his newly gained joints. They seemed more flexible than natural ones, which probably meant that they were also more fragile. But this was far better than he had expected. This was good, possibly even great, considering the injuries he was no longer suffering from. Then an essence decayed and it all went wrong. The physicality magic combined with the remnants of thaumic activity in his body made tho whole thing... unstable. From now on, any magic overflow could result in some unexpected and unwelcome additions.

{Unstable form - All spell fails cause random mutations instead.}

-check if I can still move my hands. if not, tear the lead apart-

Flare checked the sturdiness of his new lead mittens (Wizardly equivalent of cement shoes), and found that he indeed had no way of moving his hands. Luckily, unlike lesser wizards, this was not preventing him from casting. Lead split apart, leaving Flare free with not a mark of his recent imprisonment on him.

greet the guy I see! using 2 1/1 essences and one 1/2 essence, make my balloon animate.
((question: do the items in a ritual  not matter as long as they relate to the ritual or do the items used effect the outcome?))

{The items do not affect the outcome}

Clownman shouted a greeting to fellow cliff watcher, but the other mage failed to respond. But it would not do to be sad about this. Not when there were balloons to be made! Clowman added animate modification to his incompetence balloon and causing it to float as the real thing.

The loss of Eterna was great. Sure, Jiksap never knew him very well, but his powers, while crude in comparison to his own, were quite useful indeed. And that golden throne was almost a decent artifact. Oh well. On the bright side, this piece of Eternity should prove interesting... as fuel, it is known to be quite potent. But does it have other uses? Jiksap was never one to follow tradition.

Examine my piece of Eternity. Can it be used for something other than fuel? Create 3 more essences.

Jiksap examined his piece of Eternity. He calculated that it contained energy equivalent to about 17 POT. Of course, that was not all it was good for. Eternity could be changed without too much trouble into any other material, or be used raw to repair and improve any tech in ways that would usually require extremely complex machinery. There were more uses, probably, but they eluded Jiksap's mind at the moment.

((And I'm back. Hopefully for good this time.))

Xom made good use of his opponent’s precarious position to blast him with raw magic. Bernardo cried out as his back warped into wounds, but it seemed that long years of using order magic left him with a bit of resistance. The wounds were certainly painful, but they did not look lethal. Yet the agitated ground refused to let go of Bernardo, leaving him writhing in pain and unable to return the favor.
Obliterate Bernardo.

{Huzzah! The only mage to attempt murder in last twenty turns returns!}

Xom pulled back his fist, charged it with fell energies and brought it down on incapacitated Bernardo's skull. There was a very decisive sounding crack of bone shattering and even more decisive bones of spike springing up to all sides from the point of impact. Xom took ten shards off the now corpse of the brave officer of law, and felt triumph. He also felt that he had forgotten something. Loud roar from somewhere behind reminded him what and he turned just in time to see the beast turned into dust. The pyramid, missing a few blocks and having lost a fair bit of it's glow, turned from the pile of dust that was the beast towards Xom.

Attempt to shape the bar into a large crescent and bisect the skeletons.

Duritarum charged at the skeletons, allowing them to get perfect shots at him. Flames washed over Duritarum, singing his eyebrows off, but otherwise merely warming him up. The bar of bloodstone extended in length, but otherwise did not change. It didn't need to change much to be effective against skeletons, however, and it was mace like enough to inflict some serious damage, that is to say, knock the skull of one skeleton. The bar of bloodstone continued through it's arc and impacted against a wall of amethyst, the shock enough to knock the bar out of Duritarum's hands.

Skeliborn

Action:
make 4 essences

Skeliborn stopped to rest a bit. He brushed sweat off his eyebrows, the fight was  tiring and his body was busy fixing what damage was caused by overexertion. ut as he looked as his hand, it was not sweat. It was blood. By now, Skeliborn was bleeding out of his ears eyes and nose. Patches of skin sprouted droplets of blood. If this continued, he'd run out in a few minutes.

{Bleeding out, 3 turns left.}

Cancel the ritual and store accumulated power into remaining sacrifice like talked over PM.
Use essences: 2 +1 POT and 2 +1/+1.
Can't afford to fail here.

Shais exhaled heavily. The effort of moving so much power was extensive, and he feared that if there was more, he hadn't been able to manage this. But it was done, and now he could try again without starting from scratch. Alternatively, if things went south, he'd have one last trick up his sleeve.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 173.-0,1 To be changed
« Reply #5624 on: July 24, 2016, 08:00:04 pm »

Aparently, today was the day of Starcraft tournaments. And they interest me greatly, even if I don't play the game. 14 hours of straight streaming.

PM's and new people coming in tomorrow.

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 506