Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1245837 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 172 Loot and Exploration
« Reply #5595 on: July 21, 2016, 08:17:25 pm »

Order my swarm of wasps to go hunting for creatures and bring the bodies back to me. Create 4 essence.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:19:45 pm by vishdafish »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: July 21, 2016, 08:23:00 pm »

Wake up and get rid of that damn poison with 5/5 essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: July 21, 2016, 09:18:29 pm »

((The map seems to be missing. Also, should the eternity be listed in our inventories?))

Oh? A-ha! That's one lucky mutation! Well, if I'm interpreting what I'm hearing correctly, it sounds like we lost somebody. My deepest apologies. Either way, excellent work, everybody. That was almost a cataclysmic disaster, but the disaster only ended up being mildly catastrophic. I shudder to think what would've happened if the beholder got the rest of that eternity. Now, then, it looks like the poison is starting to get to James. You there, I believe you go by The Gambler? Can you cast a spell which will improve James' luck with the poison? Besides that, if we're all a team now, we might want to go someplace secure. If that tower is yours, I don't think it'd be a good place to go; last I saw, some weird man who couldn't stop singing painted an opening on the gates. I can only imagine what chaos has been happening since then.

Chorkinaan stands up, still warily watching all mutations, and experimentally attempts to bend his knee and elbow the wrong way. +4 essences.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: July 21, 2016, 11:28:09 pm »

-check if I can still move my hands. if not, tear the lead apart-
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: July 21, 2016, 11:55:21 pm »

greet the guy I see! using 2 1/1 essences and one 1/2 essence, make my balloon animate.
((question: do the items in a ritual  not matter as long as they relate to the ritual or do the items used effect the outcome?))

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: July 22, 2016, 02:11:21 am »

greet the guy I see! using 2 1/1 essences and one 1/2 essence, make my balloon animate.
((question: do the items in a ritual  not matter as long as they relate to the ritual or do the items used effect the outcome?))
((Items do not affect the outcome of a ritual. They are merely there to add power to the ritual and to provide backup in the case of instability.))

The loss of Eterna was great. Sure, Jiksap never knew him very well, but his powers, while crude in comparison to his own, were quite useful indeed. And that golden throne was almost a decent artifact. Oh well. On the bright side, this piece of Eternity should prove interesting... as fuel, it is known to be quite potent. But does it have other uses? Jiksap was never one to follow tradition.

Examine my piece of Eternity. Can it be used for something other than fuel? Create 3 more essences.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: July 22, 2016, 05:15:50 am »

((If you could find a way to destabilize it, I bet bolts or bullets made from destabilized eternity would prove quite deadly. Whether they'd explode violently on impact or mutate the opponent, I'm not sure. I'd run these ideas by the wizards, though; I've got some things I can't tell you OOC (that is, I'd feel bad if I didn't say them IC and instead did so OOC) which might turn you off of that idea.))
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:11:52 am by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic
« Reply #5602 on: July 22, 2016, 06:33:46 am »

((And I'm back. Hopefully for good this time.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xom made good use of his opponent’s precarious position to blast him with raw magic. Bernardo cried out as his back warped into wounds, but it seemed that long years of using order magic left him with a bit of resistance. The wounds were certainly painful, but they did not look lethal. Yet the agitated ground refused to let go of Bernardo, leaving him writhing in pain and unable to return the favor.
Obliterate Bernardo.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: July 22, 2016, 08:20:53 am »

((DG, you may want to want to fix the spreadsheet.

Currently I should be down 3 or so eldritch throwing knives and everyone who fought the bigholder should have an equal sized chunk of eternity))
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 09:21:34 am by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: July 22, 2016, 08:42:30 am »

Currently I should be down 3 or so eldritch throwing knives, the mages of TOAM should each have an extra shard, and everyone who fought the bigholder should have an equal sized chunk of eternity))
((Keep in mind that he said Eterna's soul shards were destroyed in the blast. Nobody got any shards out of this, from what I can tell.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: July 22, 2016, 09:21:01 am »

Currently I should be down 3 or so eldritch throwing knives, the mages of TOAM should each have an extra shard, and everyone who fought the bigholder should have an equal sized chunk of eternity))
((Keep in mind that he said Eterna's soul shards were destroyed in the blast. Nobody got any shards out of this, from what I can tell.))
((Excuse me while I retcon))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: July 22, 2016, 05:55:56 pm »

((Excuse me while I retcon))

I left some of the charsheet updating for after I am done with PM's. Also updated Legend, neglected as it was last few turns.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: July 22, 2016, 07:03:06 pm »

((... I liked my character. Oh well.))
Muse: Keep punching.
((Now then.))

Name: Damond
Affinity: Punches
Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Description: In which a boxer punched a mage to death and absorbed his soul into his fists.
STR: 3(2+1 from END)
DEX: 0
SPD: 0
END: 6(gives 1 STR also)
POT: 0

First action:

"Ah, I have arrived! Soon I shall punch somebody! HAHA!"

Crush 4 shards for +1 POT, explore area, make 3 Punches essences.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: July 22, 2016, 07:06:26 pm »

Force enemy to only attack with punches
Hmm.

Make self immune to punches
HMM.

Punch item into existence or out of existence
I'm sorry, what

LOTS AND LOTS OF MAGICAL PUNCHES(fire punch, frost punch, mind control punch, healing punch, earthquake punch...)
glad we could end on a high note; for a moment, I thought your last power would be reasonable

I will be incredibly surprised if this makes it in un-nerfed.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: July 22, 2016, 07:06:51 pm »

((... I liked my character. Oh well.))
Muse: Keep punching.
((Now then.))

Name: Damond
Affinity: Punches
Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Description: In which a boxer punched a mage to death and absorbed his soul into his fists.
STR: 3(2+1 from END)
DEX: 0
SPD: 0
END: 6(gives 1 STR also)
POT: 0

First action:

"Ah, I have arrived! Soon I shall punch somebody! HAHA!"

Crush 4 shards for +1 POT, explore area, make 3 Punches essences.

((The muse was there for one punch only, though it could had done some terrible things. Which it did, though not max terrible.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 506