Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1247499 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 125 I have waited so long for this to happen.
« Reply #3435 on: October 25, 2015, 09:24:42 pm »

((Thanks.))

((even better. that means I can make him consume his own eyes more than once!))

((Someone else should take this one.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: October 25, 2015, 09:33:42 pm »

Tactical Analysis.

Safest ones:
Crimson - a mage who forgone his flesh and weaknesses associated with it. Unaffected by current acid.
The Gambler - a very lucky mage having a first-person view on our gruesome struggle.
Shias - safe for now in a plant cocoon, yet as the chamber is completely filled with alcohol, it is only a matter of time before his protection runs out.

Demi-safe:
Kahel - with staff of reroll and liquid affinity.
Jiksap - not being wholly fleshy helps. As well as broad affinity.

Others still have a really good chance to live if they do not botch every roll in two turns... Yet there is a slight problem with burning alcohol ingestion that leads to intoxication, loss of consciousness and death.

===

Now, Dwen still has several viable strategies to make our lives miserable. As, currently, no mage can see what happens to his surroundings - not to mention having acid in their ears - anything that could be trivial otherwise, turns deadly... Beirus, you should really think of the worst case if part of chamber defenses is turned against us.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: October 25, 2015, 09:38:55 pm »

((None of them work inside the chamber, but I'm already having it drain the alcohol out the side. Should work since the wall isn't technically inside the chamber. Also, Dwen won't be going anywhere.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: October 25, 2015, 09:42:28 pm »

((Yeah could work but if I sense this I could start refilling it.  Also it's suspose to dissolve metal too I didn't forget about Crimson.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: October 25, 2015, 09:44:55 pm »

((... perhaps you didn't account for Crimson's force armor?))
((... it seems to me that solid force could only be destroyed by kinetic energy...))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: October 25, 2015, 09:45:46 pm »

swim at full speed towards the wall, trying to break it

Edit:pretty sure I summoned some birds for the garden,if so also do this:
try to(mental command if possible) get the birds in the garden to find Dwen and peck him to death
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 06:19:16 pm by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: October 25, 2015, 09:46:55 pm »

((Yeah force armor surprised me that's why I'm trying to make the alcohol hostile to magic.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: October 25, 2015, 09:48:00 pm »

((by the way, im going o kill that mage...and his death will be painfull))
((Agreed.))
-antipyramidsnip-

Ichigo is from bleach. And he can be very dickish at times.

Also I did say I was going to break the fourth wall.
((1. Still means nothing. I haven't watched Bleach.))
((2. Seriously, add double parens for OOC. It just makes discussion far clearer.))
((3. Please don't break the forth wall - It comes across as boring at best. Most of us have got along fine without doing so.))
((4. 'ic'-OOC dickishness still feels just as dickish as just plain OOC.))
((5. While DG didn't explicitly say your sword couldn't make water, we're working off of a strict interpretation of the DG constitution, so to speak. He never said I couldn't suddenly teleport to and instagib everyone else at will, but to argue I could is lunacy.))
((6. Even if we ignore the GM, what you're trying is absurd anyway. If I had a sword of Giant Bane, that means it's great at killing Giants. It does not mean I can summon Dwarves or Pixies or whathaveyou at will.))

((EDIT:))
-snip-

((there is a flaw in your plan.

I have essences. and the protection of my soon to exist amulet likely applies to the amulet itself. even if it does not, that wall is about to burst so it should keep me a live long enough.....

first, im going to cut off your hands. then I will rip out your tounge. I will then force-feed you said tounge and your fingers. after that comes the toes. and eventually, your own eyes. then im going to slowly cut into you until you finally bleed out.))
((Wow. That escalated quickly. The worst part is, he won't bleed out. The regeneration field would continue to heal him.))

((What my Blade is doing (I hope) is the reverse effect of a vortex, aka a way to neutralize a vortex.))
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 04:19:15 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: October 25, 2015, 09:56:15 pm »

((I just realized that I've been typing initially since way past when I normally go to sleep. Please disregard all of my post from the last turn onward. I'll post a better action set tomorrow when conscience of what I'm  thinking straight.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: October 25, 2015, 09:57:50 pm »

((I getcha, it happens to all a us.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: October 25, 2015, 10:10:25 pm »

((Thanks.))

((even better. that means I can make him consume his own eyes more than once!))

((Someone else should take this one.))

((its ok t have to sigs))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: October 25, 2015, 10:29:21 pm »

((Is it pot/2+bonuses, or (pot+bonuses)/2? Very important difference.

also does my amulet of magic resistance actually do anything? Small bonus to rolls against enemy magic, small penalty to rolls for enemy magic, anything at all?

How's Grundar doing? I'm not sure if he was in the council chamber or not. If so, you shoupd probably roll for him. If not, I hope he realizes what's happening and tries to help and/or crush Dwen.))
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:34:22 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: October 25, 2015, 10:31:38 pm »

I can survive indefinitely here? In that case, when the barrier disintegrates, drag whoever's in worst shape out of the room. Probably starting with Jase.

If I get a chance, use my claws to slice open Dwen's jugular.

((NO YOU HAVE TO LET HIM LIVE SO WE CAN TOTURE HIM!))
No, he doesn't. I can rez him as an intelligent undead creature that is completely under my control as a 20/20 spell.

Armok, y'see, you're doing this all wrong. You've fallen into the classic bond villain trap of leaving an escape route. What you should have done was cast Mass Inebriate, knocking everyone unconscious, then killed them while they were napping. The anti-violence field would have protected you from looters.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: October 25, 2015, 10:38:55 pm »

Nothing to see here.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:42:00 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: October 25, 2015, 10:40:24 pm »

-snip-

((For the sake of everyone here, please edit that out. You're giving DG ideas.))
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 506