Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I combine some related skills?

Yes. (Spot/Listen>Perception, Move Silently/Hide>Stealth, etc.)
- 0 (0%)
No.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 22, 2014, 11:22:33 am

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33

Author Topic: To Kill a Psion. D&D 3.5 OOC Thread. The GM has his shit together. Somewhat.  (Read 42473 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 Psionic Hunting Campaign
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2014, 08:44:26 pm »

Y'all better get back on the respect train.

AKA, drop it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2014, 08:53:47 pm »

I'll put my points into riding.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2014, 09:24:44 pm »

By the way, if and when do I get to increase my INT?

Because it would really kind of suck if I couldn't cast level 9 spells, due to the ridiculous IQ requirements to cast them.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2014, 09:40:56 pm »

You get a +1 increase to any one ability score every four levels.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2014, 09:43:17 pm »

Oh, goody. Thanks. If only that happened in real life. I could boost my IQ up to, like, 166! After beating up a bunch of wolves or something.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2014, 09:51:22 pm »

Wow. Sorry OP, my post went downhill quickly.

At any rate, I've finished my characters. I was in a creative mood, so I ended up making 2 Clerics and a Barbarian. If I do get to jump in, I'm prepared. Super prepared.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2014, 09:52:51 pm »

Psh.

Beguiler will be preppyied some point in future probably.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2014, 10:03:43 pm »

Oh, goody. Thanks. If only that happened in real life. I could boost my IQ up to, like, 166! After beating up a bunch of wolves or something.
If by "a bunch" you mean 581,150.
If you start with an intelligence of 18, then you would need to increase your int by 148. That would require you to reach level 592. (148x4=592)
To get to level 592, you need to get 174,345,000 xp. (Sum (592-1) x1000 is the equation to give to total xp for a given level
If you were to take each wolf solo, you'd receive 300 xp for each wolf.
174,345,000 divided by 300 gives you 581,150.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2014, 10:06:30 pm »

That's not taking into account, then even if Int is equivalent to IQ, it's not a direct correlation yeah? And since the standard range is 8-13, a person with 18 int is probably already far above 166.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2014, 10:13:43 pm »

AlleeCat, I played Sorcerer's exclusively for years. I'll just say that you do need to have CHR higher by the time you cast higher lvl spells. If you put all three of your coming points (lvl 4, 8, and 12) into CHR, then you'll be fine for that.  I really, really suggest maxing that or putting at 17 at lvl one, but if that's what you're doing to make your character unique, then by all means go for it!

As a potential party member, may I make a request? Since you have so many skill points, please put some into bluff or diplomacy. A character with high CHR and points in one of those can absolutely save the day in a variety of situations, and we may not get anyone else who can do it.
Well, here's the thing:
The basic idea behind a sorcerer fits in pretty well with the character I want to make and the backstory I want to give her, but I also don't want to play a Charisma based character, because I'm already playing one right now. I could swap out for more CHA, but I don't really want to be "the bluff person" when I'm already doing that with another character. I'm mainly worried their personalities would blend together too much.
I guess it goes back to the fact that I'd rather play an interesting, mechanically useless character, than a minmaxed powerhouse with no interesting character traits.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2014, 10:17:01 pm »

AlleeCat, I played Sorcerer's exclusively for years. I'll just say that you do need to have CHR higher by the time you cast higher lvl spells. If you put all three of your coming points (lvl 4, 8, and 12) into CHR, then you'll be fine for that.  I really, really suggest maxing that or putting at 17 at lvl one, but if that's what you're doing to make your character unique, then by all means go for it!

As a potential party member, may I make a request? Since you have so many skill points, please put some into bluff or diplomacy. A character with high CHR and points in one of those can absolutely save the day in a variety of situations, and we may not get anyone else who can do it.
Well, here's the thing:
The basic idea behind a sorcerer fits in pretty well with the character I want to make and the backstory I want to give her, but I also don't want to play a Charisma based character, because I'm already playing one right now. I could swap out for more CHA, but I don't really want to be "the bluff person" when I'm already doing that with another character. I'm mainly worried their personalities would blend together too much.
I guess it goes back to the fact that I'd rather play an interesting, mechanically useless character, than a minmaxed powerhouse with no interesting character traits.

Alleecat, I respect this attitude greatly. One day, when I am cleric, I promise to prepare an Eagle's Splendor just for you.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2014, 10:18:49 pm »

That's not taking into account, then even if Int is equivalent to IQ, it's not a direct correlation yeah? And since the standard range is 8-13, a person with 18 int is probably already far above 166.
Oh, the DM did a dum-dum.

Yea, Einstein and Stephen Hawking are 17/18 area.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2014, 10:22:50 pm »

Alright, I swapped my stats around again. INT is still my second highest ability, and I didn't really swap any skills, but now that I have a +4 CHA mod, I can at least be decent in bluff/diplomacy, without actually having any points in it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2014, 10:26:50 pm »

Yea, Einstein and Stephen Hawking are 17/18 area.

Wait, so what does 20 Wisdom get you? That makes me like Gandhi, except I carry a Morningstar and Call Lightning down in the name of Justice.

Alright, I swapped my stats around again. INT is still my second highest ability, and I didn't really swap any skills, but now that I have a +4 CHA mod, I can at least be decent in bluff/diplomacy, without actually having any points in it.

I've swapped my stats like.... 3 times. Also, that sounds reasonable in terms of utility, and roleplay. Also, I like how you have notebooks. Will you be chronicling your adventures? Be sure to doodle in the margins  ;D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 10:28:23 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2014, 10:31:13 pm »

So, by the way, here is the sheet I have been working on a little bit. Still very unfinished, but I figured I should put er up just in case. I'm not sure about what name to use yet, I've been thinking on his backstory, and will probably come up with a name based on that.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33