Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread  (Read 52498 times)

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread
« Reply #675 on: December 31, 2014, 09:13:20 pm »

"Woah- hey- this is molestation you know! You're in such haste as if world's ending today..." Nonetheless, Andala preferred the wild ride down the path instead of pacing about the boring monastery.

That said, she was rather breathless when they arrived.

"Phew! Greater workout than Eidelberg twins gave me that one night." Andala then approached Garrett and looked him over.

"Don't move, I might turn you into a toad instead." And lo, sparkles and blue light, and healing has been performed.

Hopefully!

Garret was surprised that Mia was back so quickly and actually had someone who could use a staff this time. This was no doubt record time. He stood still as instructed as the strange woman healed him. Although he was pretty sure healing magic couldn't turn people into toads he wasn't taking any risks. Thankfully nothing changed about him other than his wounds closing.

"Thank you miss," Garret said as he produced another bag of gold. "Take this as thanks."

"Garret, you can't hand out our money like that, what'll do if we run out?"

"Well, maybe if someone wasn't so stubborn and noble and had used the vulnerary like I wanted we wouldn't've had to pay these people for their services."

"I really hate you sometimes... Mia grumbled as the pair walked off, leaving the Monk and the Sister alone together.

"Hmm, very interesting. I don't think I'm going to buy anything myself right now, but I will inform those in my group who are more magically inclined than I am about your wares. As for your trinkets... While I am interested, I suppose I shouldn't waste my money right now. Though, if you wanted to discuss them, I'd enjoy listening. I've found a couple interesting ones myself alone the way. There was this small rabbit foot's charm, though I gave that one away. Then I have this little shield. It's apparently some magical item, but I think it looks cool, so I'm just carrying it around for now."

She pulled the dragon shield out of her pocket to show the woman.

(OoC:do not use the item, just show it)

"Well I'm glad you're not trying to buy any of mine because you'd be wasting you're breath. Hmm, it's a shame about the rabbit's foot but they're not all that rare. But, that shield though, that's definitely a rare one, a Dragonshield it's called. How'd you find it? And... would you be willing to sell it?"

The same youth greeted Lian as he waited for Ekul to pick something out. "Hey there miss, what can I get for you?"
Lian glared briefly at Ekul on her way in.
: "Ekul." She acknowledged briefly, but quickly turned her attention to the youth.
: "Do you have any whetstones for purchase? I'm looking for the finest grit possible."

"Oh, you just want one those? Just a second," the kid said as he ducked behind the counter, surfacing with a whetstone. "You can have it, no need to pay me," Never sell 'em anyway so what does it matter if I give one away...

Maxwell nods, looking a little embarrassed. "Y-Yes, thank you.... Um... Do you mind if I ask why he's injured?"

"From the battle just now!" Mia called back.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 31, 2014, 09:20:50 pm »

: "Really? Thank you."
Lian grabbed and held the stone in one hand and ruffled around in her satchel with the other. Within a moment she procured a 10 gold piece and placed it on the counter with a sharp clack.
: "For your trouble." Lian bowed as best she could given her injury and showed herself out, onto the roads and towards the inn.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 09:23:03 pm by CrimsonEon »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 31, 2014, 09:23:02 pm »

"Oooh, are you mercenaries? Vagabonds? Adventurers? Thrill-seekers?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 31, 2014, 10:21:45 pm »

"Dragonshield, huh?"

She hesitated, considering selling it, then shook her head.

"Sorry. If it's as rare as you say... Well, I'm part of a group of mercenaries. Never know who might need it, you know? But hey, if I find anything else interesting along the way, I'd consider selling 'em to you. You lookin for anything special?"

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 01, 2015, 12:58:04 am »

Maxwell looks to the girl, his eyes looking a bit... starry. "B-Battle you say? H-How interesting... Tell me... Are you in need of a magic user?"

Omair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 01, 2015, 01:12:12 am »

Being somewhat preoccupied with weighing the choice between picking the somewhat cheaper Iron sword or the rather fascinating Long sword, Ekul failed to notice a fellow mercenary enter the armoury. Picking up the long sword, he tested it's weight and muttered to the shop keeper, clearly not an expert in weapons since they don't teach that in institutions.

"This feels a little weighty, and broad, seems a bit ill-suited for stabbing things. Why does it cost so much and who buys it for what purpose?"

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 01, 2015, 01:50:20 am »

: "Really? Thank you."
Lian grabbed and held the stone in one hand and ruffled around in her satchel with the other. Within a moment she procured a 10 gold piece and placed it on the counter with a sharp clack.
: "For your trouble." Lian bowed as best she could given her injury and showed herself out, onto the roads and towards the inn.

"Miss you really don't need-" Aaaaaaaand she was gone. The youth sighed as he put the gold away and waited for Ekul to pick out something. How much are those things anyway... Wait, 50 gold? No wonder no one buys 'em.

----------------

"Hey there Lian," Geoffrey purposely greeted before George could even open his mouth as Lian entered the inn. After Aneira had left the two had started a (somewhat) friendly game of trying to annoy the other the most. Geoffrey was clearly winning.

"Oh another of your mercs showed up Geo. You gonna take her up to a room and make her blush like the two from earlier?"

"Shut up George." Geoffrey's eyebrow twitched as he said that. Most of George's comments hadn't affected the stoic captain so he was glad to have found at least one weakness in the man.

"Oooh, are you mercenaries? Vagabonds? Adventurers? Thrill-seekers?"

Mia grumbled to herself at not being able to walk away like she wanted.

"We're mercenaries but we're taking time off for awhile after that battle."

Maxwell looks to the girl, his eyes looking a bit... starry. "B-Battle you say? H-How interesting... Tell me... Are you in need of a magic user?"

"Nope! But I know some people who might want one. You can hang out with until we go meet with them."

"Dragonshield, huh?"

She hesitated, considering selling it, then shook her head.

"Sorry. If it's as rare as you say... Well, I'm part of a group of mercenaries. Never know who might need it, you know? But hey, if I find anything else interesting along the way, I'd consider selling 'em to you. You lookin for anything special?"

The woman frowned a little bit when Aneira said she wouldn't sell the Dragonshield. They were some of the hardest to find because just about everyone could use and wanted one. She perked up when Aneira asked if she was looking for something. Hmm, maybe she could do it...

"Well there is this one thing I really want, a Glass Punkin, but the only one I know of belongs to that boorish snob of a man in that mansion to the north. Jokes on him though, I replaced it with something else when I visited his place the other day. Problem is I dropped as I 'left' and I can't exactly go back after that..."

The woman clearly didn't care that she was telling a potential customer that she'd tried to steal what she wanted from someone.

Being somewhat preoccupied with weighing the choice between picking the somewhat cheaper Iron sword or the rather fascinating Long sword, Ekul failed to notice a fellow mercenary enter the armoury. Picking up the long sword, he tested it's weight and muttered to the shop keeper, clearly not an expert in weapons since they don't teach that in institutions.

"This feels a little weighty, and broad, seems a bit ill-suited for stabbing things. Why does it cost so much and who buys it for what purpose?"

"Oh that, it's made to combat horsemen. That's why it's designed like that, ordinary swords aren't going to pack enough "oomph" to do what that thing does. Course that makes it harder to forge and heavier. Most of 'em who buy it are headed to Toubriar, they always say something about wanting 'protection' from the tribes or something like that at least."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 01, 2015, 01:55:13 am »

He nods. "If it's all the same to you.... I'll wait in town. In the tavern. I'm.... kind of not allowed back at the monastery..."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 01, 2015, 01:55:44 am »

Aneira smirked slightly at the comment but nodded. After all, growing up in the tribes meant being ok with working with pirates. Where was the major difference in talking to an attempted thief?

"Hmm, that's rough. Well, if we're headed up that way, I'll take a peek around. Can't make any promises though, gotta go where the boss says. ... Oh, uh, I don't suppose you've got an ear for rumors and gossip and such, do you? See... I'm looking for someone. He stole something very important from someone I really care about. He was dressed in all black, had a scar running across his face... brownish hair and and goldish headband. Had a bunch of other thieves with 'im. Any chance you could give me a name?"

« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 01:58:13 am by Swordstar »

Omair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 01, 2015, 02:13:55 am »

"A thousand and hundred gold..."

While certainly attractive, it was a hefty sum of gold to spend, would it be worth it? Remembering his father's advice about always checking around for the best deals, Ekul decided that he would do just that, only best deals did not have to be the same item.

"Reserve that sword for me, I'll come by for it later. Thank you for the enlightenment."

Wandering around the streets, Ekul decided to head to the magic shop, to see if there were any magical trinkets of interest...with his mother's advice on "If you don't know what to buy, buy nothing!" at the back of his head.

"Greetings! Any artifacts or magical curios for sale? I'm feeling lucky today!"

Immediately as soon as the words left his mouth, he felt less lucky already. The wares looked pitifully boring. Most of the tomes he had studied before and they were all pretty much just a minute step up from the one he currently wields. And no magical trinkets or curios on display.

"Ah, sorry to disturb you two, carry on...was hoping to see some fancy trinkets."
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 03:02:54 am by Omair »

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 01, 2015, 03:29:34 am »

He nods. "If it's all the same to you.... I'll wait in town. In the tavern. I'm.... kind of not allowed back at the monastery..."

Mia raised an eyebrow at why a monk wouldn't be allowed back in the monastery but said nothing about it.

"Sure, whatever floats your boat."

Aneira smirked slightly at the comment but nodded. After all, growing up in the tribes meant being ok with working with pirates. Where was the major difference in talking to an attempted thief?

"Hmm, that's rough. Well, if we're headed up that way, I'll take a peek around. Can't make any promises though, gotta go where the boss says. ... Oh, uh, I don't suppose you've got an ear for rumors and gossip and such, do you? See... I'm looking for someone. He stole something very important from someone I really care about. He was dressed in all black, had a scar running across his face... brownish hair and and goldish headband. Had a bunch of other thieves with 'im. Any chance you could give me a name?"

Yes! I knew I made the right choice. Denab thought to herself. But how was she going to get her there? Luckily, the answer presented itself to her on a silver platter.

"Hmm, that rings a bell... Oh! I remember him. He was at the mansion too, a real grouch he was, wouldn't even give me the time of day. Artifact this, artifact that, it's all he ever talked about. Must be obsessed with them, power hungry weirdo. Anyway! I saw him talking with some old guy in white, pretty sure the old guy called him Leret or something dumb like that. That's about all I know about him."

"A thousand and hundred gold..."

While certainly attractive, it was a hefty sum of gold to spend, would it be worth it? Remembering his father's advice about always checking around for the best deals, Ekul decided that he would do just that, only best deals did not have to be the same item.

"Reserve that sword for me, I'll come by for it later. Thank you for the enlightenment."

Wandering around the streets, Ekul decided to head to the magic shop, to see if there were any magical trinkets of interest...with his mother's advice on "If you don't know what to buy, buy nothing!" at the back of his head.

"Greetings! Any artifacts or magical curios for sale? I'm feeling lucky today!"

Immediately as soon as the words left his mouth, he felt less lucky already. The wares looked pitifully boring. Most of the tomes he had studied before and they were all pretty much just a minute step up from the one he currently wields. And no magical trinkets or curios on display.

"Ah, sorry to disturb you two, carry on...was hoping to see some fancy trinkets."

"Uh, yeah, whatever," the youth said. He knows we have more than one in stock, right?

-------------------

Denab turned to look at the newcomer as he entered her shop. He mentioned trinkets which made her smirk.

"Sorry to disappoint you dear, but I'm a collector, not a seller. Maybe you could try the general store? They have nice little trinkets from time to time."
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 11:57:09 am by F.O.E. »

Omair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 01, 2015, 03:43:34 am »

"Indeed."

Ekul bows stiffly before going back to the Armoury.

Handing over the gold, the scavenger inspects his new weapon.

"Welcome to the family."

With the new sword in hand, Ekul decided to get some pointers on how to use it properly. Returning to the inn, Ekul waved at everyone in there and sat down near Geoffrey.

"Good day boss! Just bought a new sword and was wondering if you could give me a few pointers on how to use it well. Apparently it's good for cutting horses or something."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 01, 2015, 06:55:11 am »

"Wonderful. I shall join you at once. Road is always better than the moldy chambers of the monastery."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 01, 2015, 04:09:00 pm »

Uh...

Dakob tries to figure out what's going on, as he ended up spacing out rather badly after the fight. He never did like fighting...

He finally responds to Geoffrey, looking around at everyone as he did so.

"...I don't know. I'm not that much good in a fight, I think, but I can try and help with the wounded, at least. If you let me tag along, that is. I...I don't really have anyone else to go to, anyway. And you seem like good people...I think."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 01, 2015, 08:08:03 pm »

Aneira frowned and nodded.

"Right. Thank you. That's what I needed. I'll get you that trinket then, in thanks for this."

She left the shop and headed straight back to the inn. Entering, she walked straight over to Geo, and sat down.

"His name is Leret. A shop keeper here saw him at the mansion north of here, seemed to think he'd been staying there. We need to check this lead out. Please."
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57