New Conglomerate and Vanu Sovereignty
- 0 (0%)
Vanu Sovereignty and Terran Republic
- 1 (2.8%)
ALL OF THEM
- 8 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Planetside One is F2P now!  (Read 5735 times)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside One is F2P now!
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2014, 12:41:35 am »

Oh, I'm TR I guess then? The red guys who always seem to be undermanned.

Gave up my heavy armor for medic certs. I'm kind of bad in one on one fights but for medium range squad work its decent. Plus I move faster.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2014, 12:59:18 am »

I'm TR as well, got confused there.

I don't seem to be particularly good. Though that could be because I started literally 3 hours ago. I do seem to be a decent driver, I think.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2014, 01:37:20 am »

I've played this game on and off since 2005 and I don't think I've gotten out of the bad-decent range. My favorite thing will always be jacking heavy vehicles and then taking control of them to kill the former crew, almost succeeded with a magrider earlier.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2014, 02:05:42 am »

well i play with joe for an hour or so as VS and it was pretty fun. we still need to pick a faction though.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2014, 02:13:50 am »

Had great fun with choppy. Game is awesome when you get involved in big squad battles. Also, Magrider is pretty cool. Ramming is my favorite murder method with it.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2014, 03:14:29 am »

Protip: You can get up to BR6 just by going into VR and looking at stuff

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2014, 03:25:21 am »

NC for life! Willing to play other faction to of course. Wich one is usually underpopped? atm it's telling me TR is majorly overpopped, but I don't know if that's total or just currently online.

Damn all the male faces are so butch. Shows it's from a different decade I suppose, when action man military tough guys were more popular. Guess I'll make a female character, even if they look pretty darn butch to.  I swear some of those faces look more masculine than mine. :o
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 03:42:47 am by Jelle »

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2014, 04:41:08 am »

Okay, the corpse looting thing can get pretty weird. I just had an enemy max turn into a box of donuts on death. Funnily enough it was packed with medkits wich patched me right back up.  :P

Pretty fun so far, if a bit confuzzling.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2014, 06:20:58 am »

Personally i do prefer PS1 over PS2 and i was still playing PS1 which is why i got into PS2 so long before release. BFRs is what killed the game for most people, not Core Combat which is quite cool in places.

NC is still n00bhammer 3 hit kill easymode, TR spray and pray but MCG will drop you in seconds, VS you just laugh as Lasher orbs dribble past you ;p

My locker is prolly still full of Pheonix's/Strikers/JHs
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2014, 08:26:25 am »

My lockers are full of Malestromes and Radiators and Spikers... which I can no longer use  :'(

Anyone remember when people used to do blackmarket arms trading of faction weapons to other factions?

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2014, 08:53:14 am »

Well, given that my computer is a toaster and PS2 doesn't work at all, I'll give this a try.

Terran Republic and New Conglomerate.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2014, 09:54:55 am »

I will say this I have no idea what people are on about saying ps1 TTK is a lot longer than ps2. In fact so far I've found I get instagibbed faster and more often than I ever did in ps2.

Alright this just doesn't seem right. Is there supposed to be a huge difference in weapon performance? I grabbed a rifle from the default heavy loadout, got the jump on someone and unloaded an entire clip in his back, the guy finally turns around and mows me down in under 2 seconds. I don't think I've actually managed to kill anyone yet so far, this is really boggling.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 10:15:57 am by Jelle »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2014, 10:39:33 am »

If you get the jump on someone you should probably either Shotgun him, or knife him. Rifles really are meant for long range engagements and severely underpreform in close quarters. Or you can take a 10 mm pistol and use its alt fire. From my shooting range tests it seems to instagib infantry if you can land all the shots. Of course you only get one chance and it drains all your stamina for some reason.

If you're not too good at shooty bits you can always cert into medic and/or engineer and support other people.

Also if the guy was in a huge bulky armor suit that was a MAX and it basically gives one guy a vehicles armor pool and access to an energy shield so yeah, one rifle clip is just gonna make him feel a bit ticklish.

In your factions sanctuary, look for the training building and play around in VR for a bit.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 10:41:46 am by Kaitol »

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2014, 10:51:56 am »

muh nostalgia
Yo, man. Core Combat is entirely disabled. No content from it for anyone. Also, we voted VS. my character is VS.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2014, 10:53:29 am »

The game won't let me make a VS because Apparently you're not allowed to make characters of all 3 factions and I made characters from the other two T_T What do?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6