New Conglomerate and Vanu Sovereignty
- 0 (0%)
Vanu Sovereignty and Terran Republic
- 1 (2.8%)
ALL OF THEM
- 8 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Planetside One is F2P now!  (Read 5725 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside One is F2P now!
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2014, 04:54:58 pm »

Default mouse acceleration seems really fast in the menu, which also has low res, but it's fine in game.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2014, 05:37:03 pm »

Sniper rifles seem kinda naff in a game where no one ever really has a reason to stay still and the majority of infantry combat happens indoors.

Maybe if an infiltrator suit could carry one.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2014, 05:49:56 pm »

In game name is Iceblaster98.

Terran Republic sounded fun :3

Plus it had nine percent of the players.... Sooo yeah.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2014, 06:13:37 pm »

So few people voting for NC despite the broken shotguns being so much better at close quarters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2014, 07:22:23 pm »

TR had a massive percentage this morning, Iceblaster. As in, VS had 3% and NC had the remainder. The percents aren't really a stable place to base your char creation on.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2014, 07:23:37 pm »

TR had a massive percentage this morning, Iceblaster. As in, VS had 3% and NC had the remainder. The percents aren't really a stable place to base your char creation on.

Eeeeeeh...

I don't care much.

I liked the fast but weak thing regardless. Wasn't that clear honestly when I put that up :/

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2014, 07:27:16 pm »

Wasn't really expecting you too ;)
I'd mostly just wanted somewhere I could mention that in, since it was so surprising to me it could get so low.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2014, 09:20:48 pm »

The revolvers alt fire may be impractical a lot of the time, but damn if it doesn't fuck up snipers and hackers in one shot. Also knife kills are the most satisfying kills. Especially when you kill multiple people in one go.

\O/
 II
/^\

Edit: Christ, the highest level of melee commendation requires you to get seven melee kills in one life? Dear mother of god thats kind of asking a lot. I think my record is two. And that was mostly sheer dumb luck and utter incompetance on the enemies part.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 02:05:43 am by Kaitol »

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2014, 05:36:41 am »

It was easier back in the days of large scale battles of tons of shit happening and people looking all in one direction.
Doesnt help that cloakers are really easy to see past WinXP due to how Direct3D is handled on modern systems.

Protip: Melee booster and with your knife OFF will usually allow you to get two of the three hits in before they even realise they're getting knifed, whereas if they're attentive they're going to realise before you even make the first strike - especially true if you're TR where they're going to hear the frikken loud as fuck CHAINSAW sound. But not so true of the NC - their really really quiet undistinctive low hum will usually have people confused long enough to not realise what it is before you start knifing them.
Yes - even the NC's melee weapon is better than the other factions - gotta love being the dev faction eh smurfs?

Also if you're going to knife someone, do it from the 4 or 8 o'clock. The 4 is best.
Most people when they realise they're getting knifed are going to spin 180 and spray and pray.
Because most people are right handed, and its far easier to move your arm inwards, the majority of people are going to spin counter clockwise.

Yep, meleeing really does have a strategy beyond sticking the pointy end in them

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2014, 08:53:34 am »

Playing now, user name Krevsin, faction NC, character name Soldiertoast

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2014, 10:33:09 am »

Should we make a list with all the player and character names so we can find each other?

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2014, 10:50:52 am »

well looking at the votes, VS and TR are the faction that we should make outfits on. i am willing to create and manage one of them, if someone one like to take over the other.

Should we make a list with all the player and character names so we can find each other?

i think that is a great idea.

here is my copy and paste of the posted player names. 

ImperialGuardsmanBay12-VS
Kaitol-Xelotia-TR
Steelmagic-Steelmagic-TR
Aklyon-Aklyon-VS
Joemoben-Joemoben-VS
Iceblaster-IceblasterPS-unknown
Iceblaster-Iceblaster98-TR
Krevsin-Soldiertoast-NC

i think that is everyone who has posted their in game names. please let me know if i missed anyone char names. (account names do not matter)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2014, 10:56:01 am »

well looking at the votes, VS and TR are the faction that we should make outfits on. i am willing to create and manage one of them, if someone one like to take over the other.

i think that is a great idea.

here is my copy and paste of the posted player names. 

ImperialGuardsmanBay12-VS
Kaitol-Xelotia-TR
Steelmagic-Steelmagic-TR
Aklyon-Aklyon-VS
Joemoben-Joemoben-VS
Iceblaster-IceblasterPS-unknown
IceblasterPS-Iceblaster98-TR
Krevsin-Soldiertoast-NC

i think that is everyone who has posted their in game names. please let me know if i missed anyone char names. (account names do not matter)

Fixed that for you~
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:28:16 am by Iceblaster »

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2014, 11:00:14 am »

I'm Rakonas on TR.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile