Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 70015 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 21 - Just testing... I like the balance as is.
« Reply #450 on: July 30, 2014, 10:36:32 am »

It instakills. But the corpse is gone as well, so you dont get any stuff, no megabeast corpses, no meat, bones, leather, no armors or weapons.

Its late-game tech for humans, and you have to manage them. If archers get to close, the cannons die ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 21 - Just testing... I like the balance as is.
« Reply #451 on: July 30, 2014, 04:16:57 pm »

Dev Log - Day 22

Today we have cannons and water. And bugfixes.

I fixed several bugs in the trading screen about silver and copper being replaced with gold. I fixed workshop leasing for a year, which queued up all possible options, because 10 item tool entries were missing.

I made meat and fish sell for less coins.

I added a "pick and lamp" item, which doesnt quite work yet, but should protect from cave adaption for your miners. At least the dizziness part.

A new script has been added that allows the still to fill water buckets and barrels, if its build near water. This way you can safely store water for the winter. humans even drink directly from the barrels, while the buckets are used in the hospital. This also cleans the water. It should even de-salinate water, which is less a feature, and more a bug "feature".

I added cannons. You can buy them at embark, or make them in the Cannon Engineer, 4th guild extension. They cost 2 iron mechanisms, 10 iron bars and 2 wooden logs. If they die you can use the "damaged cannon" to repair it, costs 1 iron mechanism, 5 iron bars and 1 wooden log.

How do they work?
Similar to dwarven turrets, but with more BAM! behind it. They are a immobile pet creature that you have to buy/construct. They shoot 85!!! tiles far, and the cannon ball explodes, instakilling anything it hits. But they have to be loaded manually, at an arsenal.

I added two workshops for this, the Arsenal E-W and the Arsenal N-S. They are 5x2 and 2x5, and should fit on top of your walls. The cannons can shoot through fortifications and across z levels, so thats fine.

Each arsenal can load multiple cannons, on the screenshot you see 2 on each. The cannons shoot up to 10 times for a period of 5000 ticks, which is about 1 ingame week, with 500 ticks delay between each shot. The shots shouldnt start any fires, but leave ashes and scorched earth where they hit. It shoots on wildlife as well, depending on type (I think benign creatures are fine, but in my test it shot at snakes.)

Loading the cannons when the enemy is right at your walls is difficult, because the civilian worker runs, but the setup on the screenshot works quite well. The work tile is in the center, while the fortifications are on the side, so if the worker gets to the arsenal, he will not see through the fortifications. You can also use raisable bridges to block Line-of-Sight.

Cannons are easily killed in melee, while surviving a few arrows, about 3-4, before they "die", leaving a damaged cannon. This can be repaired for a new cannon.

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 22 - Cannons and Water Barrels.
« Reply #452 on: July 30, 2014, 04:19:41 pm »

Does it desalinate the water, or no?
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #453 on: July 30, 2014, 04:23:43 pm »

It deletes 1/7 unit of water around it, and creates new water in a reaction. So YES. It does.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 30, 2014, 04:25:39 pm »

It deletes 1/7 unit of water around it, and creates new water in a reaction. So YES. It does.
That's unfortunate. I'll have to keep myself honest while playing as opposed to you doing it for me. Oh well. :)
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #455 on: July 30, 2014, 04:27:16 pm »

A distillery should be able to actually do desalinate water. Slowly, and fuel intensive in RL, but not entirely unrealistic.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #456 on: July 31, 2014, 05:02:29 am »

Got the orcish artisan done, 36 reactions in total, as well as the gunsmith.

Human - Gunsmith
Makes pistols, muskets and hand-cannons, from bronze, iron or steel. The weapons cost bars, mechanisms, wood and blackpowder, which is made in the chemist. Pistols cost 1 bar, muskets 2 and hand-cannons 4. You can also make the fitting mechanisms here, and add bayonettes to the pistols and muskets, using one large dagger. The ammo is made in the normal forge.

Orc - Artisan
Upgrades leather cheaply and grinds rare ores and metals into powder, used as reagents for handcrafted armors and weapons. From lamellar leather armor sets, bone masks, wolfram maces, mithril katanas to cobalt throwing tomahawks.

Goblin - Trapper
Makes batches of cages and mechanisms. This costs either 5 logs or 5 boulders for 10 items, which is twice as efficient as the carpenter/mechanic. Produces batches of 5 random trapcomps, or 6 random upright spikes from either obsidian, wood or gems, as well as green glass, clear glass or crystal glass.

Edit: Added goblin trapper, which makes batches of trapcomps of all kinds. I added everything so far to the manual.

I changed the Council and the merchants guild a bit. The council now does public opinion, emigration and immigration, while the merchants guild handles calling caravans, diplomats and sieges, in that order. One is unlocked for each guild extension.

Edit: Ups. Turned out I never permitted the reactions for the clothing merchant... they are in now. 96 reactions more. :)
Edit2: Second ups. I made the guild extensions progress in price, 1000-5000, not the guild upgrades. This meant that guild upgrades were still 5000 each, and the extensions were more expensive. I fixed that now, guild upgrades are now progressing in price, while extensions are 1000 each.

Just build ALL buildings. Looks good so far. Only garrison and knights hall are empty, which I added last. All the rest is done and done.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 09:17:58 am by Meph »

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 31, 2014, 09:51:53 am »

I would likely never go through the effort of making my own guns. It's far easier to carve a human contract out of wood, set up a "foreign" stall and rent it out to humans, and then buy pistols, muskets, and cannons there for 2500 sovereigns or so.

Once you have an enterprising whiskey operation going then you're pretty loaded. As it should be. :)

The making of black powder is a huge pain in all of the mods.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #458 on: July 31, 2014, 10:41:17 am »

Dev Log - Day 23

Got the last of the missing buildings done. Orc Artisan, Goblin Trapper, Human Gunsmith, the 3 extensions of the merchants guilds a redone a bit, the clothing merchant fixed, some minor bugs fixed, the building section in the manual updated, prices for guild upgrades fixed.

Human - Gunsmith
Makes pistols, muskets and hand-cannons, from bronze, iron or steel. The weapons cost bars, mechanisms, wood and blackpowder, which is made in the chemist. Pistols cost 1 bar, muskets 2 and hand-cannons 4. You can also make the fitting mechanisms here, and add bayonettes to the pistols and muskets, using one large dagger. The ammo is made in the normal forge.

Orc - Artisan
Upgrades leather cheaply and grinds rare ores and metals into powder, used as reagents for handcrafted armors and weapons. From lamellar leather armor sets, bone masks, wolfram maces, mithril katanas to cobalt throwing tomahawks.

Goblin - Trapper
Makes batches of cages and mechanisms. This costs either 5 logs or 5 boulders for 10 items, which is twice as efficient as the carpenter/mechanic. Produces batches of 5 random trapcomps, or 6 random upright spikes from either obsidian, wood or gems, as well as green glass, clear glass or crystal glass.

Here is the new test version with all the changes of day 21, 22 and 23: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8735

Current issues: Garrison and Hall of Knights is empty, castes for them not finished yet. And could someone please try to change tilesets with the GUI? There seems to be an issue with the Phoebus_16x16.png in data/art, after it has been copied, the file gets corrupted for no reason. If someone can change tilesets, start the game, and report back to me, that would be helpful.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 23 - All merchants/workshops/guilds done
« Reply #459 on: July 31, 2014, 10:50:38 am »

I'm playing under Ubuntu and even with Wine I haven't ran into the png bug, so I don't know that I'm much help there. I'll test out some of the other new stuff.

I noticed in the old version that the clothing merchant did not have any reactions.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #460 on: July 31, 2014, 10:57:20 am »

Dev Log - Day 23

Got the last of the missing buildings done. Orc Artisan, Goblin Trapper, Human Gunsmith, the 3 extensions of the merchants guilds a redone a bit, the clothing merchant fixed, some minor bugs fixed, the building section in the manual updated, prices for guild upgrades fixed.
;)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:59:09 am by Meph »

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 31, 2014, 11:05:02 am »

Reading comprehension - Fair

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 31, 2014, 11:20:18 am »

Reading comprehension - Fair
Nahh more like below average
Im low poor.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 31, 2014, 11:23:22 am »

It's not my fault. I started with low perception and acuity.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 31, 2014, 05:54:08 pm »

Okay, so how do I turn off the multi Z-level viewer? Maybe include it in the GUI?

Also, is it possible to implement:
-Rune-engraved weapons, ammo and armor not being taken for the same job again and again. Preferably in a way that still allows rune-engraving a single item with multiple metals, just not engraving it twice with the same. Same applies to poison coating. Maybe adding the [NOT_IMPROVED] token to the reagents?
-Temple of Armok not accepting bloody metal items as sacrifices, so we can leave the reactions going on /R when we have a shitload of small risty iron goblinite to sacrifice?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:50:36 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37