Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

War with the elves of The Dyed Forest - Yea or Nay?

To arms! Death to all friends of nature!
- 32 (66.7%)
Indifferent
- 4 (8.3%)
Let peace return, we've humiliated them enough.
- 12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30

Author Topic: ☼Riverrun, a Masterwork Community Dwarf Fortress RISE AGAIN!!!☼  (Read 156587 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Riverrun, a Masterwork Community Dwarf Fortress☼
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2014, 03:53:22 pm »

ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2014, 05:49:19 pm »

Guess what, we have some more history!

Spoiler: More history in text! (click to show/hide)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2014, 05:58:35 pm »

PTW, this has been hilarious and the Plump Helmet men are probably some of the silliest things I've seen, especially the artwork with the one getting thrown by the bridge.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2014, 06:32:43 pm »

Would you like a dwarf too? Plenty to pick from.

And honestly I'm amazed about the plump helmet men. They've been a source of a good chunk of humor so far. Then again I also figured we'd get wiped out by smallpox or meningitis by now.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2014, 06:35:38 pm »

Eh, sure I'll take a dwarf.  If the brewer hasn't been taken yet I'll go ahead and snag him (just change his first name to Karkov).  I'm actually sort of curious how good the war plump helmet men are in combat, it would actually be rather interesting if they took out a goblin or two.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2014, 07:07:30 pm »

Eh, sure I'll take a dwarf.  If the brewer hasn't been taken yet I'll go ahead and snag him (just change his first name to Karkov).  I'm actually sort of curious how good the war plump helmet men are in combat, it would actually be rather interesting if they took out a goblin or two.

Sure thing, I'll grab'im for you.

And They can deliver kicks hard enough to dent bone, (Nil the warplump kicked that goblin snatcher hard enough to do so, denting his jaw) so a swarm of them can probably subdue a poorly armored goblin.

EDIT: I'll assume you meant Cerol since she's the only brewer we seem to have.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2014, 07:17:56 pm »

Sure thing, I'll grab'im for you.

And They can deliver kicks hard enough to dent bone, (Nil the warplump kicked that goblin snatcher hard enough to do so, denting his jaw) so a swarm of them can probably subdue a poorly armored goblin.

EDIT: I'll assume you meant Cerol since she's the only brewer we seem to have.

Sure, I'll take her.  One of the founding dwarves is fine with me. :P

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2014, 08:36:29 pm »

14th Limestone, 139

Thing have been pretty somber around here, sad to say journal. All of us in the militia have been drilling with a renewed determination since Kiror died, and Psi has insisted that we melt down as much of the goblin gear as we can to make serviceable armor and more swords.

Rusty iron armor and swords. One fuckin' fight and we're reduced to that?

16th Limestone, 139

That kid who almost assuredly drew the snatchers here started acting odd this afternoon.

28th Limestone, 139

Three days later and the kid comes stumbling out of Julius' workshop with a badass looking drum! The repeating image of the drum is a little disorienting though. I think Arcvasti called it 'Drumception' or something stupid like that.

Been occupying ourselves helping out Vexxy in the woods; turns out for all their magnificence and value, Julius' bone bolts and javlins lack the punch to get through a skull. Still hit hard enough to knock a giant bushtit out cold though! Basically whenever she heads out, one of us goes with her to finish off the birds she takes down. She drags back the kill and gets some credit, and one of us gets to kill something.

Win-win if you ask me.

4th Sandstone, 139

Was looking at one of the goblin helmets and... Well, Why in the hell would someone make a glass of juice their symbol? Do they really make juice that's that good? Kinda wanna find out now...

8th Sandstone, 139

More potential recr- I mean citizens. Citizens, yeah. Among them is a hero of The Rent Conflict, Ongos Fikod! At the time of her success the automatons were being lead by a dwarf taken by the foul machines for purposes nobody but they know. The dwarf must've truly been beyond helping if  he had to have a sword rammed through his head.

1st Timber, 139

I heard a pretty femdorf say she needs wood, so I told'er I got all the wood she'll need! So she threw a bed frame she had finished a few minutes before at me.

8th Timber, 139

I'm feeling a bit paranoid so I asked around for someone to get the cragtooths ready for battle. They were all good to go, but unfortunately they were tailed by three newly matured smurfs armed with a stick, someone's chisel, and a strangely tiny ladle.

And also apparently our smurfs really were fucking stowaways, probably from The Healing Cruelty, because we have no actual clue about how to fucking train these things.

20th Timber, 139

Caravan season, and with that comes- Wait a minute, I just realized the humans didn't come to trade with us. Oh gods, I hope the frosties and automatons didn't wipe'em out...

26th Timber, 139

One of the wards let off one hell of a bright red flash of light this morning, scared the shit out of all of us since near everyone was bringing stuff to the depot to trade with the caravan from up north. Then we saw a ranger I found out later was named Ber, lighting a book they'd been carrying on fire and started muttering something about 'not being worth the trouble' or something to that effect. Thought it was his journal, but someone else said it looked a little... Odd for that.

5th Moonstone, 139

Today I learned not to fuck with someone carrying those metal javlins with the really wide heads. They'll shoot you in half.

14th Moonstone, 139

I saw a slugman for the first time ever today. Several actually.

They look... Odd.

17th Moonstone, 139

People were cleaning up the dead goblins and such out front and I saw someone put up a poster. Looks like law will be established in this pit soon.

8th Opal, 139

Got a pair of mail gloves from the merchants and I gave them to Fenglel. I figure it's only fair since she may well have bailed our sorry asses out of dying when she arrived when she did. And my dwarves all officially of the sword variety and have boots! Even if they're rusty iron ones.

Better than nothing.

9th Opal, 139

The smurf with the fork has apparently decided it wants to be sociable. I didn't even know they knew what a party was. I swear to god if I see one marry a dwarf or something I'm going to suffer a terminal worldview collapse.

17th Opal, 139

Vexxy had a kid out in the field today. Pretty damn odd though, not hearing the usual day or so of screaming Gotta wonder if she was just taking a dump or something and out popped a baby instead. Or am I thinking of that one dwarf in Mirroredaxes...

21st Opal, 139

Finally got the whole population housed, though they're still lacking amenities like cabinets and even doors. Karkov also put in word for 'government facilities' to be built. Asked Psi about it and that pretty much means mayoral and law enforcement spaces as well as whatever's needed for the other administrative dwarves.

Fair enough I suppose.

25th Opal, 139

I got a peek at the census and I learned that there's a distressingly large number of married dwarves here. Married dwarves means baby dwarves, which means less booze for us productive members of society. And this one and Vexxy's may be the first ones in a wave of births.

Fuck.

2nd Obsidian, 139

Ber really needs to stop leaving shit laying around in the food stockpile. We gave him a bedroom for a reason after all.

23rd Obsidian, 139

Arcvasti started yelling about “knowing exactly what he needs now!” and that it'll be “the greatest thing ever!”

Oh, and let's add in another fucking beardling. I know I shouldn't be so critical of dwarves who wanna have kids, but come on.

24th Obsidian, 139

Arcvasti rolled three freshly harvested trees and a boulder of sandstone, looked at some piece of paper he had, and started screaming “Silk... It needs silk! I MUST HAVE SILK!!!” Something tells me we're gonna lose another dwarf before the end of next spring. Ugh, I can't wait for the workshops to all be moved below ground so I don't have to hear shit like this on a regular basis.

Someone's having Reudh set up a makeshift shrine to the gods to pray for silk, but I dunno if that's gonna do any good.

3rd Granite, 140

I don't fucking believe it. It actually worked. Momuz, that lady who crapped out our third or fourth fort-born, had been going through a handful of different prayers and on the tenth one to the asp god Rulush she got an answer: An honest to Uz bolt of silk.

Guess there's some stock in that snake cult shit.

12th Granite, 140

Arcvasti came out of the workshop today with... An abacus. A pretty damn awesome one at that! He seems quite pleased with himself and says he's gonna use it in his research and he then proceeded to ask the miners to dig him out a lab.

Wonder what he'll make when he has that lab he's asking for...

URPDAAAAAYTE. URPDAAAAAYYYYTE!!!

So, got us another update! This one was free of disease and preparations are being made for the inevitable mayoral election. We have three swordslords with rusty metal shoes, a startling number of plump helmet men starting to appear, as well as two artifacts, several legendary workers (and one legendary woodcrafting kid,) one of them being put to use in building a researcher’s study for the maker, Arcvasti. Sadly the day was free of violence on a non-hunter level, but I'm sure that'll change soon!

What does the future hold for our humble fortress? Fucked if I know.

Next history lesson will be much more brief, being on the gods of The Shovel of Hope.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2014, 09:34:05 pm »

Holy crap, those War Plump Helmet Men are adorable!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2014, 10:52:16 pm »

Posting to request a dwarfing. Have no preferences regarding job so long as it's male.

His backstory as far as the rest of the fortress knows is that he used to be a member of the fortress guard at some unimportant fortress somewhere (he doesn't have to be a member of the guards here, though). Whenever someone asks him why he left the force, he dodges the question.

Actually, scratch that, he hasn't told anyone that he was a guard. It occurred to me that it'd be very stupid for him to invite questions if he didn't need to.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 10:58:14 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2014, 11:04:27 pm »

Spoiler: Journal of Tenderroast (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 06:13:01 pm by Tenderroast »

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2014, 02:38:12 am »

Funnily, arrows with head made of bone were used IRL for hunting purposes. They would easily knock out a little animal without denting it's fur.

By the way, does Vexxy use javelins? And who's her husband?

EDIT: That's how I imagine this image:

« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:12:57 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2014, 05:35:20 am »

@ Monitor -  Actually she's married to the blind fisherdwarf, and she uses a crossbow, not a javelin thrower. As far as the bone munitions it isn't that they aren't effective but she's been shooting things the size of a small car.

@ Mr Frog - Done and done, Mr Frog Oramsigun. He's Vexxy's little brother (found that out after the fact,) and fittingly he's also a legionnaire dwarf.

@ Reudh - Heh, thanks. I try.

EDIT: Guess what kids, it's that time again.

Spoiler: Gods of The Shovel (click to show/hide)

Renugal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2014, 12:15:58 pm »

Assuming the dwarf is male, can I be dwarfed as Medtob Ageshfath renamed to "Teldgr"?

No one in this hovel knows much about Teldgr, other then his knowledge on the arts of healthcare and his extensive love for coin. A cold hearted doctor that has adopted the capitalist mindset. Sooner to let someone rot of infection then not get paid. How fortunate for Riverrun that the good doctor has a standing long-term contract with the Joyous Steel Company.

Apparently someone had spread around the fortress the idea that his name was "Medtob" or some other nonsense. Some dwarves are just born stupid.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2014, 12:24:47 pm »

He is indeed and he's all yours.

Update coming at some point today/tonight, so stay tuned!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30