Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 49

Author Topic: The Heresy of Achilles VII: 40k: Only War Planning and OOC  (Read 40182 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Heresy of Achilles VII: 40k: Only War Planning and OOC
« Reply #600 on: June 23, 2014, 06:21:41 pm »

Soo much knowledge that i just don't know about...i feel so  newby  :'( :'(

Dont worry guy, i feel exactly the same way
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 23, 2014, 08:08:37 pm »

I didn't realize Close Quarters Battle was a trait.

I also didn't realize Fluency was a trait, rather than a skill.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 24, 2014, 12:19:42 am »

Well, I've even heard that they were planning on changing the Tau some. Not "grimdark" enough for the good ol' 41st Millennium apparently.
What, indications of brainwashing and mass sterilization not good enough?

Anyways, I always felt like there was something sinister about the Tau, but in a more subtle way than, say, Chaos. Like them Ethereals.

Besides, the 41st millenium is a joke. It's the 42nd millenium that anything is done in, in terms of applicable fluff for when people actually play the fucking game.
I really just wish that GW would get on with the plot in a meaningful way someday. Always with that damn status quo.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 24, 2014, 12:27:58 am »

Well, I've even heard that they were planning on changing the Tau some. Not "grimdark" enough for the good ol' 41st Millennium apparently.
Naw, see, that's kindness, in the 41st millenium. Any other faction, they'd be dead, not just sterile.
Anyways, I always felt like there was something sinister about the Tau, but in a more subtle way than, say, Chaos. Like them Ethereals.

Besides, the 41st millenium is a joke. It's the 42nd millenium that anything is done in, in terms of applicable fluff for when people actually play the fucking game.
I really just wish that GW would get on with the plot in a meaningful way someday. Always with that damn status quo.
Seriously, though. I mean it's getting old enough it's gone through to funny then back again like five times.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 24, 2014, 01:42:29 am »

Well, you know, there is the minor fact that it's not actually a plot, it's a setting.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 24, 2014, 05:29:24 am »

Here you guys, go and read this, it should help you get an overview of the universe and some insight into the grimdarkness. Also, it's a wiki, so you can basically look up anything you want about 40k.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 24, 2014, 05:40:57 am »

Here you guys, go and read this, it should help you get an overview of the universe and some insight into the grimdarkness. Also, it's a wiki, so you can basically look up anything you want about 40k.

Lexicanum's classier, though.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 24, 2014, 06:05:50 am »

Naw, see, that's kindness, in the 41st millenium. Any other faction, they'd be dead, not just sterile.

Love the planting of future canon/fluff-fucking mentioned in the wiki (Which is supposedly canon, by the way)

"Ethereal Control
One of the conspiracy theories surrounding the Tau concerns the Ethereals' control over other Tau, and how the Ethereals initially managed to unite a fractured, nomadic people constantly at war into a single people and military force. The proposed causes of this range from the psychic (as displayed in the Tau novel Fire Warrior) to the biological, that the Ethereals' diamond-shaped forehead ridge produces a set of pheromones that make Tau, and to a lesser extent other intelligent species, open to suggestion. This concept was introduced after people complained that the initial Tau Codex described the Tau in too much of a positive light, and that they were too "good" for the grim Warhammer 40,000 universe. This also led to the Vespid communion helms, which have a much clearer Orwellian feel that the Vespid are being directly manipulated by the Tau thanks to the helmets that are supposedly for "communication purposes.""

I mean seriously.

Oh, also if you read that and know of the Imperium's history, you'll realize it's the exact same fucking thing that happened to mankind when it was combined by the Emperor. I mean seriously, what the hell GW. Do you not know your own fluff?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 07:44:14 pm by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 24, 2014, 06:11:34 am »

Well, you know, there is the minor fact that it's not actually a plot, it's a setting.

What? Of course 40K has an overarching plot. Yes, it's a setting as well, but that doesn't mean the storyline can't advance. Star wars for example is also a setting (see: lots of games and books set around the movies, or even thousands of years before, but are still considered star wars due to tone and style and such) but one with a definite storyline.

I don't even know all that much about 40K lore, yet there are several things that spring to mind in terms of unresolved storylines:
-the next Black Crusade (aka will Failbaddon ever get his act together)
-when will the tyranids really get here?
-when will the necrons really awaken?
-the stuff with the Star Child
-will the eldar ever create their new god (the infinity circuit stuff)

Now, I know all to well that GW isn't going to really advance the storyline (they basically said themselves they consider 40K a setting to exploit explore, not advance) in a meaningful way for a long time, because it could threaten their bottom line. Still, a man can dream right?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 24, 2014, 07:35:22 am »

-when will the necrons really awaken?

The Necrons are already awakened or awakening, the Silent King is gathering his people for war against the Tyranids.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 24, 2014, 10:13:38 am »

2/5 of those, if not more, are just questions of when, not how. How is the plot. When is just more setting.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 24, 2014, 11:06:20 am »

Why it won't advance?

Didn't you guys say a bit ago that in 40k that its impossible to go to the eye of terror and end it all.

The Necrons? Tough but can be taken apart from the sheer power of space marines/hordes of cannon fodler imperial guardsman.

Tyranids? I don't know much about them.

Tau? That'll be a challenge but it can be done.

Eldar? It's all about getting in there faces.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 24, 2014, 11:14:00 am »

The Necrons? Tough but can be taken apart from the sheer power of space marines/hordes of cannon fodler imperial guardsman.
Entirely false, the Necrons are marching to their deaths against the Tyranid who are the true threat in the Silent King's eyes, all in all he's trying to make their deaths glorious and legendary essentially cause they sure aren't going to survive that.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 24, 2014, 11:22:27 am »

Yes, yes, not unbeatable at all. Nope, not tougher than the Tyranids, either.

:P

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 24, 2014, 11:29:55 am »

Yes, yes, not unbeatable at all. Nope, not tougher than the Tyranids, either.

:P

didn't know about those guys..
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 49