Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49

Author Topic: The Heresy of Achilles VII: 40k: Only War Planning and OOC  (Read 40088 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: The Heresy of Achilles VII: 40k: Only War Planning and OOC
« Reply #630 on: June 24, 2014, 03:12:25 pm »

@Remuthra: Have you started selecting players?
At the moment I'm waiting for sheets so I can put them in the OP. I'll be choosing ten of those as players.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 24, 2014, 03:13:36 pm »

Pewds has been doing some accounting work. I think they have all the completed sheets.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 24, 2014, 03:17:16 pm »

I dunno, that's one way to look at it. Or chaos kills everything by finally toppling the Imperium. Or the Tau get enough steam to really get the ball rolling and use their newfound manpower+improved technology to bring about a new golden age and start this whole story over again. Or the Eldar...yeah they're not gonna win, sorry bout that. Or the Imperium finally reaches a slightly less inefficiency level and wipes out some foe or another, allowing it to focus on the next, and thenext, and the next, until the galaxy is purged and they can focus everything on the Tyranids.

>Tau Empire being remotely best for humanity

someone's forgetting about that sterilizaaatttiiooooooon
Someone's forgetting that the Imperium would have just killed those guys for being heeeeerreeeetiiiiiics.

Seriously. They're not perfect but they are so much better than the enslaving death-worshipping religious fanaticism that is the Imperium. 1984>Spanish Inquisition.

Let's see, Imperium has Commissars, Tau have Ethereals. I think the Tau win the 'basic standards of decency and caring about your citizens' contest. Besides the whole 'not such huge xenophobic dicks' thing.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 24, 2014, 03:19:33 pm »

Wait, why not the Cuatlan Jaguars, or any of the other suggestions (Crusaders et al)? Sure, no name got majority support as far as I saw, but picking something no-one suggested is not a good compromise. I guess it's not that big of a deal, all-in-all - but still prefer Jaguars. Jaguaaaaaaars.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 24, 2014, 03:21:26 pm »

I, too, support the Jaguar Hypothesis.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 24, 2014, 03:23:07 pm »

>noone supported itacan tunnel terrors
EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE ME
(imagine with z-snap for maximum effect)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 24, 2014, 03:28:13 pm »

In the thread, not in whispered conversations carried out in shadowy corridors and suspicious back alleys. Oh, I know what you're up two, you son of a bitch! YOU WON'T TAKE ME ALIVE, YOU HEAR ME! YOU WON'T!

(In that case... still less support than for other options.)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 24, 2014, 03:29:41 pm »

Check a few posts back. I said people should suggest other options if they weren't satisfied with the ones provided. Rolepgeek objected without providing an alternative, a few people approved Tunnel Terrors and that was about it. I just don't want regiment creation to become so unwieldy as to be a problem.

Ok, opening vote again. Cuatlan Jaguars vs Itaca Tunnel Terrors vs Whatever You Want (actually post an option).

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 24, 2014, 03:32:29 pm »

Face it, the vast majority of Imperium citizens would have their lives vastly improved under the Tau Empire.
No they wouldn't. The Tau Empire would collapse into a broken heap trying to deal with 1% of the Imperium's total population, never mind the additional threats that would expose them to.

Plus, everyone's equal. We're just the first among equals.
In name only.
Still more equal/better life than the Imperium, tho.

Also, as for the Tau Empire taking in a shitton of people, yeah, it'd collapse if it didn't have the infrastructure. But, hey, by the seventh sphere expansion, we could have the galaxy running like one well-lubricated and functional drone. There's a reason they don't just expand wildly, you know.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 24, 2014, 03:33:02 pm »

Sheets as sent are in the OP. Two of you don't have them at all, and more of you haven't finished them.

Please use the post as quoted to update these, and let me know when you edit them so I can update the OP. That way it shouldn't be quite as difficult to locate.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 24, 2014, 03:42:15 pm »

Sheets as sent are in the OP. Two of you don't have them at all, and more of you haven't finished them.

Please use the post as quoted to update these, and let me know when you edit them so I can update the OP. That way it shouldn't be quite as difficult to locate.

Er. There's a glaring lack of a certain someone.

Again, I vote for Jaguars. JAGUARS.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #641 on: June 24, 2014, 06:48:38 pm »

I think that's everything.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 12:08:40 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 24, 2014, 07:01:02 pm »

This is my completed sheet
Reposted as per op request

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My sheet is fixed up with all regiment info now
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 24, 2014, 07:08:13 pm »

I think that's everything.

I think you missed the regiment stuff, char trait skill talent
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 24, 2014, 08:34:59 pm »

Priest have imperial guard uniforms? I'd thought they'd have robes or something from a monastery...
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49