Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 209

Author Topic: Bay12 Courtroom: Thread Retired, New Thread Pending  (Read 251768 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Courtroom: The Great Cross-Examination
« Reply #3000 on: July 23, 2016, 03:28:12 pm »

"I do believe that if it wasn't my job to be an impartial arbiter, that would be what we call a hint."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: July 23, 2016, 03:38:43 pm »

"Your Lordship, this is an adversarial system. The defence is supposed to be the one questioning my arguments. And in any case, everybody knows '[dubious - discuss]' is the weakest of all Wikipedia footnotes."
"Seeing as he was unaware that assault is illegal[citation needed][dubious - discuss]
"Come on, man! It took him eleven minutes to realize shooting somebody to get them out of the way is against the law!"
even taking his statement into account, he has still broken the law, albeit in a lesser regard[citation needed][dubious - discuss]
"He is not a law enforcement officer, and was not authorized to use force against the victim. Furthermore, the victim showed no signs of struggling, so even if he was, that would have been entirely out of line."
--we cannot possibly assume he realizes that lying under oath is yet another crime[citation needed][dubious - discuss]
"It is... a leap of logic. The prosecution concedes."
the defendant immediately attempted to have his crime ignored[not supported by cited evidence, docket scheduling has nothing to do with whether or not a crime is being 'ignored']
"...In 'modern slang': 'meh, alright.'"

"My strongest point, however, still stands. The defendant's statement"

"Is in NO WAY supported by any evidence!"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: July 23, 2016, 03:40:23 pm »

"Come on, man! It took him eleven minutes to realize shooting somebody to get them out of the way is against the law!"[citation needed]

"My strongest point, however, still stands. The defendant's statement"

"Is in NO WAY supported by any evidence!"

"Perhaps the defense has some?"
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:44:30 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: July 23, 2016, 03:45:02 pm »

"Your Lordship, sir Death God... is sorely mistaken!"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: July 23, 2016, 03:46:09 pm »

"Hello.  State your name and profession, for the record?  Then you may proceed with your testimony.

Let the record show that the defense called this guy."
Sigtext

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: July 23, 2016, 05:28:40 pm »

A dull wind seeps through the courtroom windows, the afternoon hot and sultry. Dust gathers on the steps outside, and drying leaves whisper at the roof. The city seems anxious, the air humid, birds and holidaymakers fled before the threat of a rainstorm.

Life in the courtroom, in a word, continues...
One wheel short of a wagon

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: July 23, 2016, 05:53:37 pm »

"You mean to tell me you've never heard of me? I am Sherlock Holmes, the Great Detective!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: July 23, 2016, 06:07:05 pm »

"Is nothing sacred?  Nevermind, proceed.

anime.  ugh.  and Holmes never even said that...I mean isn't his official description more of a consultant anyway?  Bleh."

The judge produces a two-volume set of the original Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Sherlock Holmes books, in hardcover, and pages through them as if reassuring themself.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:10:38 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: July 23, 2016, 06:31:34 pm »

"Ahaha! You have clearly never seen the Ace Attorney Holmes of Dai Gyakuten Saiban, a.k.a. The Great Ace Attorney, fame!"
"In any case. Defence, I think this may be of some use to you."

"This is... the defendant's stun gun!"

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: July 23, 2016, 06:38:23 pm »

"interesting where did you find it?"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: July 23, 2016, 06:43:46 pm »

"It was in a spare set of his robes. I had the idea to investigate his home!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: July 23, 2016, 07:13:04 pm »

"Did you...Nevermind, I'm not even going to ask."
Sigtext

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: July 24, 2016, 12:27:58 pm »

"So, clearly, the defendant's alibi is valid! He had worn the wrong pair of robes by accident!"
* whoosh *

something something equivalent exchange something I'm not short something

"...It would appear this case is not as clear-cut as it first appeared."

"So, yes, it is possible that the defendant had intended to bring his stun gun to court today. However... if one thinks about it, one must wonder... why did the defendant have a revolver stashed in another pair of his robes, as well?"

"The prosecution contends that the defendant still had murderous intent! This evidence raises questions, but the defendant is still implicated!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: July 24, 2016, 12:36:52 pm »

"Did the defendant have more than one pair of robes?"
Sigtext

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 209