Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 209

Author Topic: Bay12 Courtroom: Thread Retired, New Thread Pending  (Read 251769 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Courtroom: The Great Cross-Examination
« Reply #2985 on: July 15, 2016, 11:25:36 pm »

"No, I didn't I don't think. One second he was in neutral position, the next he was pointing the gun. It's likely, I think, that it was hidden, since the people viewing the trial can't see the judge's whole body, but that's just speculation on my part."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: July 16, 2016, 12:06:27 am »

"have you ever seen the defendant draw any other weapon at all? at any point in time"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: July 16, 2016, 01:22:27 am »

"I have not."

((At an airport, likely won't be able to post more today))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: July 20, 2016, 01:33:55 pm »

"Is that everything, defence?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: July 20, 2016, 07:23:26 pm »

"Defence?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: July 20, 2016, 07:49:17 pm »

"almost, if the defendant would please make his statement to the court"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: July 20, 2016, 08:38:31 pm »

"The defense is reminded that this is not the time."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: July 20, 2016, 08:51:04 pm »

"what time is it again?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: July 20, 2016, 08:54:31 pm »

"This is the cross-examination of the witness."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: July 20, 2016, 09:24:47 pm »

"So you're done with the cross-examination? Very well, then. Witness, you may leave the stand."

"So, defence. You request the defendant's statement? One step ahead of you; we already had it on record. We did interrogate him, after all. くらえ!"

"The statement reads, in its entirety:"

"I thought that weapon was a stun gun. I keep one on me at all times."
"I was going to taze the defendant and send him back to custody to give him a proper trial at a different court."
"I pulled it out and fired without thinking! I'm innocent, I tell you!"

"So, that's well and good and all. But the prosecution posits that the defendant"

"IS LYING!"

Defendant's Statement added to the Court Record.

"And before His Lordship asks why the prosecution has not presented this evidence beforehand, I have this excellent article on American discovery law he may be interested in, link in the phrase 'American discovery law'."

"Suffice it to say... all the defence needed do before this was ask if he wanted it, so long as he revealed his own evidence unto the court in exchange. But the defence did not ask before the trial; ergo, I get to keep all my evidence to myself to present when dramatically appropriate!"

"And before you consider the fact that we are in Britain, please recall that the GM is a lazy, American, metaphorical bum who can't be bothered to do his own research."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: July 21, 2016, 03:00:14 am »

"Such a waste of good wine."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: July 23, 2016, 01:37:46 pm »

"I see.  As the pre-trial phase was unaccountably timeskipped and no motions could have been filed, I suppose you're in the right, although I'm rather annoyed."

"Would the prosecution please elaborate on their recent dramatic accusation?  Why, exactly, do you think the defendant is lying in a presumably sworn statement?"
Sigtext

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: July 23, 2016, 03:04:17 pm »

"The defendant, you see, is totally incompetent in regards to the law. Seeing as he was unaware that assault is illegal--mind, even taking his statement into account, he has still broken the law, albeit in a lesser regard--we cannot possibly assume he realizes that lying under oath is yet another crime. And, of course, the defendant immediately attempted to have his crime ignored in favor of a civil trial. Citations in underlined dialogue."

"Defence! Are you prepared to give in?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: July 23, 2016, 03:15:33 pm »

"Would the prosecution please shut it and stop spouting nonsensical assertions that aren't even supported by the evidence they collected?  Thanks."

"The defendant, you see, is totally incompetent in regards to the law.[dubious - discuss] Seeing as he was unaware that assault is illegal[citation needed][dubious - discuss]--mind, even taking his statement into account, he has still broken the law, albeit in a lesser regard[citation needed][dubious - discuss]--we cannot possibly assume he realizes that lying under oath is yet another crime[citation needed][dubious - discuss]. And, of course, the defendant immediately attempted to have his crime ignored[not supported by cited evidence, docket scheduling has nothing to do with whether or not a crime is being 'ignored'] in favor of a civil trial. Citations in underlined dialogue."

"Defence! Are you prepared to give in?"

"There we- Carp, everything is purple.  You get the point, I presume?"
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:19:15 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #2999 on: July 23, 2016, 03:23:58 pm »

"Oh dear. It appears we got small script. This is gonna be very time consuming."
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 209