Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: New Age Mercenaries II: To the Wild  (Read 15862 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Mercenaries II: To the Wild
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2014, 03:39:57 pm »

((Why a smooth bore? That results in very low accuracy...))

((Because grapeshot. Point at generally hostile direction, pull trigger.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2014, 06:06:20 pm »

Oscar looked at the people in the room. Not  a human or dwarf in sight. This was just a recipe for trouble, here's hoping none of them carried grudges against humans.

"good day to you all. Name's Oscar, pleasure to meet ya."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2014, 07:52:47 pm »

((Considering elves can live up to around 600-700 years in DnD, I wouldn't call my character old. I can't read the Excel-spreadsheet properly until sunday because I'm on mobile, by the way, so I'd appreciate if someone summed it up for me.))

"Well, the important questions here are what will be the first mission, and what can we do to complete it. I personally am not the most experienced fighter, but I'm not going to give up."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2014, 01:08:07 am »

"I greet you! Braka-Skreek greets you in passing!" Kraka-Tarr says, raising his snout to the air as per traditional dragonborn greeting. "Shall we flee together?"

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2014, 04:11:52 am »

"Flee? I came here to fight!"
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2014, 04:18:05 am »

((Expect update today somewhere around 14 by bay12 time. Sorry for such delays, things need doing.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2014, 05:37:53 am »

"Flee? I came here to fight!"

"To fight is the way of Bammu-Biff, not Braka-Skreek! And also hazardous to one's health! Important concerns, the both of them! Fleeing is preferable in virtually every case! Especially in circumstances such as these!"

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2014, 05:48:51 am »

"But you can only flee so far! Better to fight at the right time, than be overwhelmed at the worst moment. At the right time, that is the key to success, isn't it?"
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2014, 07:32:29 am »

"Ignore the outcast, he was born without spine or dragonborn honor."
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2014, 07:49:51 am »

"Outcast! Hah! I left of my own free will, and that of Braka-Skreek! Profligates of Bammu-Biff, they will tell you to fight, and to die, and to suffer! And in the end, the profligates will have nothing! Just a puddle of blood and the evacuated contents of their bowels, and themselves atop this mound of filth!"

"And besides, dragonborn honor is simply vanity not yet crushed by superior force - should not be long now, given the progress of humanity! And then Braka-Skreek will laugh from his roost as the children of the dragon drown in pits of bubbling tar none other than they themselves have dug! Serves them right, the whole damned lot!"

Kraka-Tarr appears to be greatly enjoying this imagery, and flecks of foam appear at the corners of his mouth.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2014, 07:56:06 am »

"Hah you fled before you could be made outcast but an outcast you were made. Why don't you go back to hiding in your hole coward and leave us in peace. This company was formed to march towards battle not away from it."
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2014, 08:13:57 am »

"Correction! This company was formed to combat rising unemployment and dissatisfaction that having a horde of lost, blood-hungry profligates of Bammu-Biff in a confined, peace-filled empire of progress brings! Presumably by letting said lost, blood-hungry profligates either march into danger and letting them solve all their living troubles themselves, as you have suggested, or perhaps by letting them have disgusting children with orcs so they feel no need to return and are content causing trouble elsewhere!"

"But you do indeed have a point, a hole does sound quite desirable! Not here, obviously, but somewhere further away from this terrible civilization with its awful profligate people! Perhaps in some mountains, or the deepest jungles! A child can dream, yes!"

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2014, 08:45:44 am »

"I'll leave you two lovebirds to your own devices for a while, eh?"

Borkum starts wandering around the room, looking at the stuff that's lying around.
The Bay12 postcard club

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2014, 10:56:21 am »

Amade sighs. "How about we neither fight nor flee right now, but rather see what is in store for us first? Name's Amade Troahlen, by the way.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2014, 11:42:25 am »

Already they're talking about fleeying. Well, one of them is. The others seem to have the right idea at least. Might as well see why we're in this garage.

Walk around and inspect the truck
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16