Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: New Age Mercenaries II: To the Wild  (Read 15838 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Mercenaries II: To the Wild
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2014, 04:27:13 pm »

Amade sighs. "How about we neither fight nor flee right now, but rather see what is in store for us first? Name's Amade Troahlen, by the way.

"Kraka-Tarr of Braka-Skreek, that's my name! And we're really only going to flee in a very general sense, from civilization and such! Actual fleeing, or, for the more profligate individuals among us, actual fighting will be saved for real danger! Right now I suspect there could only be need for actual fleeing if somebody were to disturb some kind of insidious human garage trap!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2014, 04:55:39 pm »

"There's no such thing as a garage trap. And if there is, the chucklefuck who mantains this facility is in for a court martial."
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 06:47:54 pm by Pancaek »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2014, 07:28:01 am »

((Okay, so I didn't write an update yesterday. Sorry for that. I united Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Iceland and a small chunk of southern Karelia into Scandinavia in Victoria II instead.))

The truck looks rather bulky. However, closer inspection shows that the fuel tank is reinforced for extra toughness, as well as the cabin. Engine is partially situated below the cabin. It is obviously designed for off-road transportation. The trunk looks like wooden box chopped in half, and it is big enough to hold 10 men.

You hear steps going down the staircase you were passing when you got here. Well, it is more like: step-skreech-cling-skreech-step-skreech-cling-skreech-etc. Finally the person appears.
It is a man in his fourties of most horrible appearance - left half of his face is missing, replaced with crude metal plates connected with rivets. Left half of his lower jaw is also replaced with a prosthetic, connected to the plates on his head. It makes his face look like if he is constantly grinning. His left eye is floating in some short tube filled with liquid and sealed with glass, which is inserted into his left eye socket, making him look agressive. The healthy half of his face bears two parallel scars running down from forehead, across the eye and mouth. Third parallel line runs across the metal part of his face.
He wears standart officer's demiseasonal outfit, except for left sleeve of his longcoat is torn and so does the left sleeve of his shirt. Left hand is a cluster of pipes, pistons and forcers hidden under poor covering plating. On his chest a few medals are, shining with silver and black, red and orange ribbons. One of them is Victorious Insignia - the one each veteran gets. Second is the Steel Cross of Second Grade, and third one reads "Iron Will". It is usually given to those who return to front after heavy injuries. The skreeching and clinging you heard seems to be produced by his left leg, which is replaced with prostetics as well as the arm, when he walks.

- Greetings, misfits. I am Decimus Hrong, your commanding officer. Now, line up and name yourselves!
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2014, 07:31:53 am »

Line up!

"Zulkin-Pra is my name!"

Name myself! Be prepared to dodge assaults at all times!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 07:43:05 am by Harry Baldman »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2014, 07:41:41 am »

Join the line started by "Zulkin-Pra" (Kraka-Tarr).

"Amade Troahlen would be my name. Amade Houndborn if you can't remember that."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2014, 08:03:07 am »

Oscar rushes to the line and stands at attention.

"Oscar Henze, Sir!"

Get in line, stand at attention, state name as above.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2014, 09:09:21 am »

Alexis walks into the room slowly taking it in before leaning against the wall in the corner of the room with a defiant half smile on her face and her arms crossed over her waist palms resting on the powerful revolvers hanging from it.

"Alexis."
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 09:17:21 am by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2014, 09:56:53 am »

"Borkum, pleased to meet you."
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2014, 12:36:14 pm »

Decimus marches along the line, staring at your faces so close that you can smell his heavy breath. Starting with Kraka-Tarr:

- You. You don't look like a dragonborn. You don't behave like a dragonborn. More like a lizard. I'll call you Lizard. Nice to meet you, Lizard.

Then passes to Amade:

- You sharp-eared bastard think too much of yourself. My name is Decimus Aruxan Greo fon Hrong. Adress me "sir" if you can't remember that.

He passes to Oscar.

- You served? Elven front?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2014, 12:45:42 pm »

"I bow to your ethnographical expertise, sir! Lizard I am, and Lizard I shall be!" Lizard sincerely says to the silly metal man.

Still be ready to dodge!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 01:19:11 pm by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2014, 01:15:48 pm »

Oscar keeps standing firmly at attention.

"Yes, Sir. Served with the 18th militia panzer division. They started us off against the orcs but got shipped off to the elven front soon after. Saw mostly forest fighting with the occasional full scale assault, Sir."

Stand at attention, say above, really get across those capital S 'Sirs'. Gotta show respect to your commanding officer

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2014, 01:24:41 pm »

- Nice to meet you.

Something like a smile glimpses at his face. He then passes to Borkum.

- Now you horned one. How are you here, son? Tired of papa's and mama's money? Gotta have hard times here. Anyway, it is not you who is bothering me now...

He turns to Alexis and slowly approaches.

- You. Got those guns there to replace what nature haven't gave you, scaled one? It must be hard to be deaf. Explain yourself at once.
Sigs

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2014, 01:34:29 pm »

Turn to Decimus.

"Big words from a big mouth; I see it even needed an extension. Too bad the words don't scare me. You'd better change your attitude if you want me to fire any shots at the enemy and not you."

Conspicuously place my hand on my hip, threateningly close to my weapons.

"They say the louder a man speaks, the louder he needs to. In case you didn't understand, that means you should show your abilities, not just talk about them and wear gaudy trinkets of getting lucky in the past. From what I see, you look like you're good at blowing up. What else, sir?"

Smile.

"And let me guess. Instead of answering my question, you get angry and tell me you're my superior, I should respect you. Let me tell you, you won't get any respect from me by calling me out on being an elf; that is a fact neither you nor I can change. You also generalize and assume I'm the monster you humans' propaganda machine tried to paint during the war. I wasn't even in it myself, though many great people died on both sides, I'm sure."

"People usually aren't as simple as you seem, so how about you'll say something that might earn some of my respect next, sir?"

Smile and be prepared for a raging assault of words and/or punches.

((I'm not sure if my Education score is enough for all this, but my Will score certainly is.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2014, 01:50:15 pm »

As you start speaking, Decimus makes a gesture to Alexis to hold the answer for a while and stands still between Amade and her until you finish.
When you do, he draws his pistol in a blink and shoots your left leg, causing a cascade of pain rushing through your limb.
[sta:1] You still manage to stand handling the pain, however.
- Last warning. I'm not going to earn your respect, scum. Earn mine first. Now, scaled one, proceed with your answer.

Sigs

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2014, 02:04:56 pm »

"I thought you people were desperate for mercenaries. A corps that shoots its own is not a strong one. You need me, I need the reward, so we'll have to tolerate each other for a while. I'm staying, and you'll be hearing of this later. Carry on."

EDIT: Also, apply pressure to the wound.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 02:20:37 pm by IcyTea31 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16