Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: A thousand days of battle [6/6]  (Read 5365 times)

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
Re: A thousand days of battle [6/6]
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2014, 06:33:57 am »

((The machinegun is more for suppressing fire, although it still would be quite accurate at 500 meters. What type of ammo does the shotgun have?))
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2014, 04:07:12 pm »

You are woken at 0200, and let to your vehicle - it's a glider, made mostly from wood, attached to a towing-plane. It flies about as elegantly as it looks - not at all. About five kilometers from the village, the glider is set free; you manage to crash-land it somewhat safely, a bit east of the steep slope along the river. The western part of the forest is on a hill; to enact your plan, you'll either have to get up that slope or find a way around.
In the distance, you hear the plane being shot down.

What do you do?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2014, 04:15:55 pm »

Everyone alright? We need to move.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2014, 04:42:43 pm »

"Fine. We need to get into the woods, now"

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2014, 04:47:36 pm »

"Yeah, sure. Let's get moving."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2014, 04:52:24 pm »

"Alice, Radio in that the plane was shot down, but make it clear that we are still functional."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2014, 04:56:58 pm »

Alright.

Head into the woods. Once undercover, radio in that we've landed safely, plane destroyed, pilot unknown.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2014, 03:04:03 am »

Follow the group.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2014, 05:19:32 am »

"That went wrong faster than expected." Dany sighed, pulling out a hand mirror to check his hair and swore loudly when he saw that it was cracked from the crash landing. He discarded it and followed the group, hoping that the others know what they are doing more than he does.

Follow others
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2014, 06:40:47 am »

You move towards the slope. The underbrush is not too thick, and you make good progress. After about fifteen minutes, you arrive at the river, which forms a small pool nested into the hillside.
Over the radio, you receive instructions to continue as planned; the pilot will move back on his own - or at least as far back as he gets.

It is now around four; dawn will come in about two hours.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2014, 08:42:01 am »

"We'll be here for the long term, John is going to need a machine-gun nest, Alice will need a well concealed place to attack from, and caches to hide and protect our supplies are needed too." John, Alice, you two will need to find suitable spots for your fighting positions, attempt to see as much of the Village and it's surroundings as possible. The rest of you, lets get spots to hide our stuff."

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2014, 08:51:30 am »

((For the machine gun, what is the caliber?))
((For Alice's sniper rifle, what is the caliber and scope magnification?))
((What type of Ammo do the shotguns have?))
((Any other relevant information?))

bawr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2014, 09:50:58 am »

John tensed up visibly, ever since the landing. He didn't care much for the pilot, though, or at least you wouldn't see that he did.

"Wrong? We're all alive, that was sort of the point of the rickety glider thing. And the pilot, shit. Poor bastard."

He looks around, as if expecting to get shot any minute.

"Well, let's see, someone hand me a shovel. Dany, stop fixing your makeup and give me a hand, I'll teach you about digging in for a machine gun if it's the last thing I do, or some sniper is going to blow your pretty face off. And we wouldn't want that, would we? Jesus, a fucking mirror, were you stationed at a beauty salon? On second thoughts... don't answer that."

He sighs. Kids behind enemy lines, the bastards. It's as if the command doesn't even give a fuck anymore.

"Alice, could you see enough of the village from the top of that hill? Look for any lights, buildings, idiot soldiers smoking at night... I guess at least you know the drill. We want to set up a scout first, in the meantime the rest of us can set up shop in here."

((Did I see where on the map the AA fire was coming from, at least roughly?))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2014, 10:24:45 am »

I'll go have a look at them, then.

Head to the top of the hill, keeping low. Use the binoculars to watch the village for anything useful.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2014, 10:40:29 am »

- You call me when we commence attack.

Check the condition of flamethrower to ensure there is no fuel leaks or anything as dangerous. Roll myself another cigarette, light it. Hide all my stuff exept shovel and flamethrower under some pine nearby, cover it with leaves and branches. Remember that place. Smoke.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8