Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: Jack's Simple BYOR: Game over! Town win!  (Read 53465 times)

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [10/12]: Day 2 - The Wrong Crook, Caught
« Reply #270 on: July 03, 2014, 08:26:24 pm »

Everyone else who voted Flabort: explain your reasoning for doing so.
Because with him dead, he won't be trying to get me killed.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 03, 2014, 08:30:06 pm »

EPenguin:
Let's lay out the three strikes against you.
Oh, let's.  I'm sure it's going to be fascinating.

1. slips up about the win con, so people figure he's nontown.
Yes, I did.  What's your point.  I admitted I'm not a member of the town.  Get over it.

2. claims overly convenient and powerful role: survivor miller, with doctor power and 1-shot vig! Don't cop me, I'll come up guilty. Don't lynch me, you need my abilities.
Powerful?  Yes.  I admitted the kill was a fib to further my wincon, but the protect and randomize are legit, as is the miller.  Also, you conveniently forget the randomize.  How is my role convenient?  It really isn't.  At least not for me.

3. Changes his claim, because NQT counterclaims survivor. Still overly convenient role. A doctor miller that wins if he's nightkilled?
Yes I revealed the true nature of my role.  That was going nowhere but a 1 v 1 confrontation and lynching either of us helps neither of our wincons.  So, to try and avoid wasting the town's time, I revealed what my role really was.  In doing so, I lost any hope of fulfilling my wincon, but getting myself lynched would result in a loss too.

I don't see a scumteam leaving a claimed doctor alive, hoping for his lynch.
Fascinating.  Can you give us any more insight into the scumteam's mental state?

If 4mask were indeed, hoping for a nightkill, it would have been better to leave off the survivor miller part of his roleclaim.
Why?

But he didn't. Because he intended to stick with the survivor claim.
No, really?
Of course I was going to stick with survivor.  Gave me a better chance of wincon fulfillment.  Now I'm going to have to hit my randomize and hope the scumkill lands on me.

Persus13:
I'll post in a bit, pfp right now, but Jack: Can a randomized scumkill target a member of the scum team?
Where did this come from?
Because at the time, I was thinking of ways to threaten the scum into shooting me over anyone else.  And what better way than to threaten a randomize that could be dropped at any time.  At least that was my thinking at the time.

This post raises a lot of good points. Also, the fact that 4maskwolf is a doctor miller seems overly balanced against scum. However, I'd like to see more content from you that isn't directed towards 4maskwolf
Balanced against scum meaning that I make the scum less powerful or more powerful?

4maskwolf: Didn't you claim in a previous game that you would claim miller D1 start if you had it?
...Did I say that?  I don't remember half the things I say during RVS.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 03, 2014, 09:38:53 pm »

EPenguin:
1. slips up about the win con, so people figure he's nontown.
Yes, I did.  What's your point.  I admitted I'm not a member of the town.  Get over it.
also, because I just want to use this somewhere:

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 04, 2014, 12:08:29 am »

Post early tomorrow. Promise.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 04, 2014, 06:00:48 am »

EPenguin, Varee, PTDFun, I don't believe we've played together yet. Pleased to meet you! I'm NQT, statistically the worst mafia player on this forum. Tell me something about yourselves.

Wolf
You know what's cute NQT?

Your paranoia.

Just saying.
I find it very rude when people say "just saying". They're up there with people that say "lol" and "fair enough". Blindly trusting people is not how you win this game.

EPenguin
Especially given that mafia players always tell the truth. And there was so many known scum we could have lynched too. Y'know you should just tell us all who to lynch from now on.
I'm all about performing the lynch most likely to actually lynch the scum team. But sure, I'll happily tell you who to lynch from now on.

Also, its not a super big deal, given it was just 3 low content posts. But you're not supposed to post if you don't have a role pm. That breaks the whole point of the game: People judge your posts to determine your role. It's cheating to bypass that.
It was sort of a trap, to see whether people would judge me for knowledge I couldn't have had. I scum hunt even before I know if I need to scum hunt.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 04, 2014, 06:51:48 am »

@perusus and everone else the wonder about my vote

To state for the last time, I picked flabort in one of my first post in the d1. It was completely random at the time and i see no good reason to change. That is why I vote flabort.

@nqt
Hi, welcome to our little chaotic place. Am varee and i live in gmt+7 so i might be on at opposite time to other. As for my experience, this is my first mafia on the forum and my first byor ever. Beware i might be taking away your title soon >:D

Also my spelling and grammar are not perfect so please forgive me :D
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 04, 2014, 07:28:33 am »

Varee
To state for the last time, I picked flabort in one of my first post in the d1. It was completely random at the time and i see no good reason to change. That is why I vote flabort.
You're new so I'd cut you a bit of slack, but keeping your random vote all the way through Day 1 is a major scum-tell. It shows you never seriously looked for a better target.

Hi, welcome to our little chaotic place. Am varee and i live in gmt+7 so i might be on at opposite time to other. As for my experience, this is my first mafia on the forum and my first byor ever. Beware i might be taking away your title soon >:D
I think I'm GMT+1 at the moment (British Summer Time), so we'll be awake at least some of the same time. Also, I recently compiled my game stats and I don't think anyone has a hope of beating my impressive losing streak.

EPenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 04, 2014, 10:19:21 am »

NQT
EPenguin, Varee, PTDFun, I don't believe we've played together yet. Pleased to meet you! I'm NQT, statistically the worst mafia player on this forum. Tell me something about yourselves.
I'm entirely new to this forum, but I am an experienced mafia player. I enjoy running, playing videogames, and lynching scumbags.

Especially given that mafia players always tell the truth. And there was so many known scum we could have lynched too. Y'know you should just tell us all who to lynch from now on.
I'm all about performing the lynch most likely to actually lynch the scum team. But sure, I'll happily tell you who to lynch from now on.
Me too! I've tended to notice that scum players in tight spots, will claim self aligned roles. Flabort was garnering heat most of the day, and then slipped up at the end there. People suspected he wasn't town, and scum in that situation would claim self. But, oh wise and great one, tell us who we should have strung up yesterday, with the knowledge we had available at the time.

Also, its not a super big deal, given it was just 3 low content posts. But you're not supposed to post if you don't have a role pm. That breaks the whole point of the game: People judge your posts to determine your role. It's cheating to bypass that.
It was sort of a trap, to see whether people would judge me for knowledge I couldn't have had. I scum hunt even before I know if I need to scum hunt.
That's a brilliant maneuver, except for one snag: its not allowed. There's a rule about people not in the game not posting in the game. Until you have a role pm, you're not in the game.

If anyone would like me to do respond to 4mask's latest post point by point, I can do that. But frankly I don't want to spend my energy doing so. I think my case is clear enough to everyone else. Doesn't really matter if 4mask will agree with it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 04, 2014, 11:02:50 am »

If anyone would like me to do respond to 4mask's latest post point by point, I can do that. But frankly I don't want to spend my energy doing so. I think my case is clear enough to everyone else. Doesn't really matter if 4mask will agree with it.
I would.  I asked several questions in it, and ignoring questions directed at you is scummy behavior, EPenguin.

Wolf
You know what's cute NQT?

Your paranoia.

Just saying.
I find it very rude when people say "just saying". They're up there with people that say "lol" and "fair enough". Blindly trusting people is not how you win this game.
I'm sorry... I'd just come off of a hard day of work to learn that my wincon had been ripped away from me.  Doesn't excuse my being rude.

*hides in the cupboard*

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 04, 2014, 11:27:11 am »

EP
I'm entirely new to this forum, but I am an experienced mafia player. I enjoy running, playing videogames, and lynching scumbags.
Where did you mostly play before?

But, oh wise and great one, tell us who we should have strung up yesterday, with the knowledge we had available at the time.
Varee kept their RVS vote all the way through the first day. They'd have made a better pick.

Until you have a role pm, you're not in the game.
No, until Jack received a role, I'm not in the game. Jack had recieved a role from Ottofar and asked if I wanted to replace, so I considered myself in the game.

Wolf
No apology needed, but appreciated anyway. Do you think claiming martyr will help you fulfil your wincon? Who do you want to lynch today? Someone without a night kill, I guess?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 04, 2014, 11:55:44 am »

Wolf
No apology needed, but appreciated anyway. Do you think claiming martyr will help you fulfil your wincon? Who do you want to lynch today? Someone without a night kill, I guess?
Claiming martyr was supposed to avoid a massive clash with you that would likely end (and may still end) in my lynching, which would make me lose the game.  Other than that, no, it doesn't help.  I'm basically banking on my full-field randomize right now.

Who do I want to lynch today?  There hasn't been enough activity to say for sure.  Not you, probably, for reasons I am going to explain later in this post.

As for the whole nightkill thing: if it's scum, I'm fine with lynching them.  Particularly if I play a large part in rooting them out.  No, I don't want a town vigilante dead, or a serial killer.  At least not yet for the sk, I'd prefer to lynch mafia.  I want as many kills in play when I randomize as possible.

Now, the reason I don't doubt NQT's survivor claim:
a. As I've admitted, I'm not actually a survivor.  As such, I have no reason to believe that Jack didn't put one in this game.
b. If he is a third party, I can conclude that he isn't a anti-town one unless the scum team is really weak.  Having three scum and two anti-town third-parties would be broken.
c. Unless he is a martyr as well (something I highly doubt), there is no reason for him to fakeclaim survivor as a non-survivor non-anti-town third party.
d. Having the mafia counterclaim me would be stupid, because it would get one of their number lynched had I been telling the truth about my survivor nature (which, unless they have a role-pm cheat or something, they couldn't have known due to my auto).

As such, I believe that NQT is what he claims to be, or at least is not hostile to the town.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 04, 2014, 12:36:25 pm »

* Toaster takes shot
Oh dear.  I think I know where this will go:
DONT;C'F FUICKING VOTE TOLYK
TheWetShee[ is scum vote him

Oh, you.

EPenguin:
Toaster
Quote from: Toaster
EPenguin:  Do you regret your D1 vote of Flabort?
Is this a trick question?

Nope.

If you mean, with what I knew then would I do it differently? Heck no. Flabort was the best lynch given the circumstances.
Do you mean, knowing that he was a lyncher, would I have still gone after him? That's trickier. I would have considered it given he's still nontown and we were running low on time. I don't think it would have been difficult to reverse the tide of votes and find good lynch target in so short a time frame. If I we're supposing, I knew Flabort was a lyncher and 4mask has already claimed survivor, then I would push for the lynch to swing over to 4mask.

Alrighty then.

Varee:
@toaster
How would not changing my pick as there were no good reason to do so make it so that i wont find the mafia?
Just about anyone else agree that flabort was a logical pick.

How will it make you find mafia?  You just picked a name out of a hat; anyone can do that.

You can't use the majority as justification for your actions; that won't fly here.

Persus:
Persus:  Why did you intentionally curtail D1 discussion by dropping the hammer?
I think it's fairly obvious that my vote hammer was unintentional. Can you actually answer 4maskwolf's question?

Eh.  I'm not sure I believe that, but I have nothing to press it with.

I did.  The only other thing I could include is the best suspect at the time was probably him, which is why I was baiting him.

On Third Parties:  Nope.  I'm calling bullshit.  I don't believe there are three scum AND three third parties.  50% town players at the start?  No, I don't buy it.  In this case, I go with the person whose claim is the crappiest, and that's 4mask.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 04, 2014, 12:39:12 pm »

On Third Parties:  Nope.  I'm calling bullshit.  I don't believe there are three scum AND three third parties.  50% town players at the start?  No, I don't buy it.  In this case, I go with the person whose claim is the crappiest, and that's 4mask.
*points at GBU mafia*
50% town right there.
And how is NQT's claim stronger than mine, out of curiosity?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 04, 2014, 12:46:27 pm »

Ah, right, America.

Sure, why not.

Day extended to Monday, July 7th, 9 PM PST.
Thanks boss!

Persus
Hapah:
Toaster, Ottofar, Persus: How do your assigned roles compare to what you thought you'd get?
I wasn't really expecting anything much from my suspicion, I only wanted to see what Jack would do with it.
That doesn't answer the question. Can you kinda see where all of your abilities came from in the article you selected, or were one or more out of left field?

Toaster
Anyway, that hammer was stupid.  4mask, the survivor, claimed a kill; we should have forced him to use it on the lyncher on threat of death.
Nothing stopping us from extending that same threat today, is there? (PPE: Wait he claims he doesn't actually have the kill.)

NQT
Anyone want me to answer some outstanding questions or anything?
Yes, please! I asked Toaster/Persus/Ottofar a question here, with clarification here. Would you mind answering?

I agree that the balance would be a bit screwy, but it does beg the question: would a 4mask with any scum team guidance barf up a fakeclaim when someone else's head was on the block at L-1? That would be a very unorthodox move for scum.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 04, 2014, 12:49:51 pm »

Toaster
Anyway, that hammer was stupid.  4mask, the survivor, claimed a kill; we should have forced him to use it on the lyncher on threat of death.
Nothing stopping us from extending that same threat today, is there? (PPE: Wait he claims he doesn't actually have the kill.)
Correct, I do not have a kill.  I claimed a one-shot unstoppable kill in order to draw a nightkill onto myself, which didn't happen.  All the other abilities I claimed are true.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30